Games you got just to get the platinum/trophies

Beaver_1977

Steins Gate and Steins Gate zero were free on plus ages back. I got the vita and PS4 versions, played the vita one properly but skipped through the PS4 ones just for the trophies since they didn't stack.  Beyond two souls and Heavy rain are two others, easy plats but didn't like them. They were free plus games as well though.

I never spent money on a game just for the plat. I only buy games I like and plat them, but not the other way around. If I buy a game and don't like it, i wouldn't bother platting it unless it was super easy like Nier Automata (a game I ended up not liking but was super easy to plat so I did it anyway)

I don't think I've gotten any games purely for the platinum. Normally I'll look at a game that I think might be alright, then take a look at the trophies to see if the effort would be worth the price. I've definitely gotten some games because their platinum was fairly easy, but the interest was there first.

• Like 4

Sometimes I get games on sale because it has an easy platinum, and I like the series. Does that count? I got the ultimate Ninja Storm trilogy a couple of weeks ago on sale because I like Naruto, fighting games, and easy trophies. Though, I don't think that's exactly what you are referring to. :P

However, I never bought anything just for trophies. I have limited funds and limited resources, and I don't particularly find spending money on easy trophies worth it. I don't think I'd play it even if I was given a free code because it's not worth my time either.

Back when I first made this profile in February 2017 I'll admit I bought a few games just for trophies like The Little Acre and Deponia. I don't do that anymore unless I'm genuinely interested in the game itself, then trophies may sway me to actually buy the game as I'm kind of on a budget right now. Ultimately I'm trying to get away from trophies dictating what I play as I know I'm never going to have the completion I want and I'm not playing all the games I'm buying. I'm breaking that habit. Though I did buy I and Me because the cats are so damn cute I had to have it.

Edited by coldsphinx93

Orc Slayer - Bought this after watching a YouTube review video by Cornshaq Gaming, a guy who has a small following of some 20 - 30 thousand subscribers who reviews indie games on PlayStation.

Anyway, I wanted to see how bad this was and it was terrible. I had to force myself to get the trophies and I immediately deleted it off my XMB as soon as I got the platinum.

Sound Shapes & Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Five of the six stacks of Sound Shapes, and the Vita version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time I basically autopopped because of the cross save feature. Unfortunately, I had to buy the European, Asian and Japanese versions of Sound Shapes, as well as the Vita version of Sly Cooper since the cross buy deal for that game expired some years earlier.

Aab's Animals - Watch a cat for five minutes, earn all the trophies. Did the same for both stacks.

Games that I buy are normally games I actually want and I end up platting them/getting their trophies along the way. 

Games that I bought for the sake of trophies include:

• I Am Bread (HORRIBLE idea)
  • Surgeon Simulator
  • Musynx
  • Plague Inc: Evolved
  • Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
  • My Singing Monsters (free)
  • Run Sackboy! Run! (free)
  • Paint Park Plus (free)
  • Any of the PS+ games on my profile

However, a couple of my local libraries have games you can check out, so I didn't exactly buy them but I did play them just for the trophies. These games inclide:

• Game of Thrones
  • Xblaze Lost: Memories
  • Monster Jam: Crush It!
  • Cars 3: Driven to Win
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Okami HD
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Minecraft: Story Mode
  • Abzu
  • Jurassic World Evolution
  • Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

I did buy quite a lot of games just because i knew they're easy and fast to complete. In cases like Deponia or Dead Synchronicity that includes skipping every dialogue so i have no real clue about the games...

I bought several games just to add them to my (A-Z Plat) list and enjoyed those really: i.e. Volume, Wolfenstein Old Blood, all Artifex Mundi Games

Besides that there are also games i've played on pc or ps2 before but wanted them in my trophy collection (for example FFX, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Bioshock, Skyrim) :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88