JelloInfinity

First DmC Game, How hard is the platinum going to be?

25 posts in this topic

I've never played a DmC game before but I've played though the second Bayonetta but that's it. so be real to me how fucked i'm i going to be attempting to get this platinum? 

Any tips going in would be nice to hear from any experience players in here 🙂

Honestly? Not hard at all....*DMD mundus flashbacks* MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok jokes aside. I plat DMC1 and i will tell you it's honestly not bad till you reach Dante Must Die. Most of that is not so bad. Some enemies and bosses get pretty nuts like the forest and the final boss. Also keeping track of all the files for the trophy can get extremely annoying as some of them are entirely based on RNG. One file took me 4 hours alone because the enemy wouldn't do a specific attack. As well as that some of the secret missions are just flat out annoying. Like i think it was Secret Mission 8 where you needed a spider to kill another spider without you yourself dealing any form of damage at all. Issue is the attacks to themselves deal very little damage but deal boat loads to you.

Edited by EmoKitten4

Holy crap i just had a brain fart. I thought you mean the first DMC plat not DMCV is your first DMC xD deeeeeeeerp. Yea DMCV is very easily a 9.5-10/10

there's good news and bad news. bad news is the hard difficulty is tough as balls. the good news is you can stockpile healing items, devil stars through playthrough's which will come in handy in the Dante must die mode.

gotta hope for checkpoints to save ya.

40 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

*Yoda voice* Old ones you must. Play you need. 

this too.

22 minutes ago, JelloInfinity said:

so be real to me how fucked i'm i going to be attempting to get this platinum?

Royally fucked, probably. :) I've 100%ed games like Vanquish and MGR: Revengeance and I don't think I have the patience/dedication to platinum DMC5. In terms of difficulty, it's definitely a 10/10 platinum in my book.

If you haven't played the others before or anything else similar outside of Bayonetta 2 (I don't have any experience with that one but I hear it's easier than the first game) then yeah this is going to be quite the mountain to climb to put it lightly. You have to S Rank not only all the difficulties save for one but also a one-hit kill mode with only three lives and no checkpoints across 20 levels.

You should definitely play the originals first (except DMC2 unless you have the cheats if you're in the PAL region or you just really want to play it) and even the reboot if you're up for it. Then maybe play the first Bayonetta so you can ease yourself into this sort of genre. You don't want to bite off more than you can chew. :P Plus the originals apart from DMC2 are great games. You could even try playing the first three God of War games if you have a PS3 since they are pretty similar.

1 hour ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Honestly? Not hard at all....*DMD mundus flashbacks* MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap i just had a brain fart. I thought you mean the first DMC plat not DMCV is your first DMC xD deeeeeeeerp. Yea DMCV is very easily a 9.5-10/10

Lol

I was wondering, is DMC 1 regarded as the most difficult of the series to S-rank? I think I read something about it long ago. I don't remember much of when I played it, only that during my DMD S-rank run I was panicking when Shadows appeared (when I saw it attacking in DMC 5 I was like "It's that hellish cat!"), especially in a corridor in one of the last mission (that's really the only thing I remember, beside bosses and few cutscenes :D).

2 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Lol

I was wondering, is DMC 1 regarded as the most difficult of the series to S-rank? I think I read something about it long ago. I don't remember much of when I played it, only that during my DMD S-rank run I was panicking when Shadows appeared (when I saw it attacking in DMC 5 I was like "It's that hellish cat!"), especially in a corridor in one of the last mission (that's really the only thing I remember, beside bosses and few cutscenes :D).

DMC1 and 2 are the only DMC games to need a single S rank for plat. DMC 3,4,5 you need to S rank all missions with 4 needing Human,DH,SoS,DMD,LDK S ranks and DMCV needing Human,DH,SoS,DmD,HaH for plat. DmC:Devil May Cry you need to SSS rank all missions on ps3 and SSS rank only 5 missions on ps4.

Edited by EmoKitten4

5 hours ago, EmoKitten4 said:

DMC1 and 2 are the only DMC games to need a single S rank for plat. DMC 3,4,5 you need to S rank all missions with 4 needing Human,DH,SoS,DMD,LDK S ranks and DMCV needing Human,DH,SoS,DmD,HaH for plat. DmC:Devil May Cry you need to SSS rank all missions on ps3 and SSS rank only 5 missions on ps4.

Wait, what do you mean "a single S rank"? Do you mean to get the trophy for the remastered version? (I played the original)

I'm talking about "S-ranking everything you can S-rank" :D 

Edited by nudoetcrudo

Hmm from the replies so far I think I'm able to calculate that I'm probably 99% Fucked heading into this 😄

Curious question Getting S-ranks for missions on Hell and Hell difficulty do you have to be very stylish with your combos to get the points up or do you just need to complete the level without using any continues?  

15 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

there's good news and bad news. bad news is the hard difficulty is tough as balls. the good news is you can stockpile healing items, devil stars through playthrough's which will come in handy in the Dante must die mode.

gotta hope for checkpoints to save ya.

this too.

Uhhhh there's no items in 5.

1 hour ago, JelloInfinity said:

Hmm from the replies so far I think I'm able to calculate that I'm probably 99% Fucked heading into this 1f604.png

Curious question Getting S-ranks for missions on Hell and Hell difficulty do you have to be very stylish with your combos to get the points up or do you just need to complete the level without using any continues?  

It's both. Not getting hit usually guarantees enough points to get s rank, but in these kinds of games it's very easy to get hit so just be decent while fighting. 

you're right, misread it so it's my fault. disregard all advice i said.

thought it was for the 1st game ><, not for the meaning "it's my first DMC game".

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

you're right, misread it so it's my fault. disregard all advice i said.

thought it was for the 1st game ><, not for the meaning "it's my first DMC game".

Yeah it's alright your not the only person to make the same mistake I should of phrase the thread name a little better so my bad  🙃

4 hours ago, KainDMD said:

It's both. Not getting hit usually guarantees enough points to get s rank, but in these kinds of games it's very easy to get hit so just be decent while fighting. 

I've begun my playthrough and even playing on Human difficulty I can see what you mean definitely. But I think this platinum is going to be fun....... pls be

Well... I just only finished the game on DH (which is the normal difficulty). Early on I thought it wasn't gonna be that hard to not get hit for the HaH S ranks, but SoS difficulty enemies actually fight back and have more moves.

Still, I believe eventually the community will come up with cheese strategies for each missions to make this easier. Nero and Dante have a lot of options, so there should be something in there if people try out things enough.

Dante already has a bunch of cheeses with Dr. Faust and King Cerberus to fight at a distance and stay safe. Nero's loadout with up to 8 different arms could easily get you an effective arm for each situation. V doesn't have that many options, but you can stay safe thanks to the familiars fighting for you at a distance.

I feel like skill is gonna play more of a factor for DMD, while cheese is gonna be the strategy for HaH.

Long story short, play the game for fun, try to learn how to effectively use your characters (read the skill list! Some things are not told to you straight on the in-game tutorial, like how Dante's Cavalier weapon is used effectively). After you finish it on DH, or H, see if you want to keep going.

There is no shame on not getting the plat, but there is shame on missing on an awesome game because you are scared of the plat.

Soo there's 2 ways going about it : 

Getting the platinum " legit " is an easy 10/10 . Especially since this is your first game of the series, I might even go for a 13/10 :P nah but seriously game is brutal on Dante must Die

IF however you use the tools the game gives you (quite accepted) or use some sweet quit/reload miniexploit(less accepted by hardcore fans but legit nonetheless, I don't even think it's a glitch this one) the platinum is quite trivial. Of course you still need to learn the skills and how to play and spend alot of time in Human ,Devil Hunter and train in The Void buuut...not as difficult as you would expect. Before even thinking of platinum, first enjoy the game fully, it's crazy in a good way.

First rule of DMC, it's not DmC it's DMC :D
Joking aside, it's easier than the ones before I think :D

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Before even thinking of platinum, first enjoy the game fully, it's crazy in a good way.

Just from playing the first 7 missions so far I freaking love this game already and of course, platinum will only be my goal once I've played through it completely.

9 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

There is no shame on not getting the plat, but there is shame on missing on an awesome game because you are scared of the plat.

Oh I was going to play through the game no matter what I thought of the platinum  it was just the curiosity from me wondering how hard it could be for a newbie to the series 

6 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

First rule of DMC, it's not DmC it's DMC :D

I don't even know why I said "may" in lowercase in the first place 😄 

But thanks for the replies and info so far everyone it's been very insightful for me

049.jpg

Edited by JelloInfinity

I have only platted DMC4SE and both versions of Donte's game, but this... I think it's going to be much more difficult. And I'm confident saying it's harder than the PS2 Remastered games, despite not platting them yet.

But boi, does this game deserve my effort. GOTY quite easily so far. I'm at the end on DMD difficulty and I have had trials, but I have become better at the game. I have been taught by flame that Royal Guard is real good, for instance. S Ranking will be arduous, but I will see it through. Maybe.

I still think DMC4 was harder because you have to beat Bloody Palace with every character including Lady and Trish, plus those 2 have no super costumes. On top of beating every boss with a SSS rank and clearing most difficulties with S. This game definitely comes close but there are many exploits with Dante and Nero's weapons.

4 minutes ago, SouIXReaper said:

I still think DMC4 was harder because you have to beat Bloody Palace with every character including Lady and Trish, plus those 2 have no super costumes. On top of beating every boss with a SSS rank and clearing most difficulties with S. This game definitely comes close but there are many exploits with Dante and Nero's weapons.

I second this. After a week of intense playing , it's absurd how many ways there are to pull S ranks with Nero and Dante. To quote DMC4 Dante, it's like an all-you-can-eat buffet xD .