Tips, Tricks & Strategies for Platinum Trophy

VlayerTheSlayer

19 minutes ago, VlayerTheSlayer said:

Enemies that are off-screen won't attack you. Camera manipulation is key for avoiding damage. Do note that they will move towards you even when off-screen, and if even a small glimpse of them is shown for just a second, they might start their attack animation and actually hit you despite being off-screen. Enemies with projectiles are very scary for this reason.

I totally forgot about this, it was the same in DMC 4 (at least I used this trick for the Bloody Palace). Thanks!

Ayy nice job on getting the Platinum and adding a walkthrough for each level with their own tips. I didn't realize Shadow and Griffon were invincible when Nightmare was out, so that's nice to know. Sucks to know that they also go down in one hit on HaH though.

I feel like I should mention that for the Mission 19 Vergil fight if he has the Spiral Swords around you, you can also use Rainstorm to get rid of them. I know you mentioned to use Dr. Faust but I figure it's worth mentioning if someone doesn't want to use it for whatever reason. I actually found out about it when I watched this video and I felt dumb for not trying it out myself :P

And when you use Buster on an enemy while in Devil Trigger, you can press square to shoot the shurikens out for a bit of extra style and damage. This is another carryover thing from DMC4.

I'll have to try that Mission 12 skip though. I can't see them patching it out since it's part of the level design.

• Like 1

For M12 and M16, you can 1-shot one Fury by having a fully charged Royalguard gauge (even on DMD), you can charge it by either blocking an enemy's attack at the perfect time or holding down the O button while having DT gauge. So if you're not good at doing the perfect blocks, you can just hold down the button, then hit the enemies after they stop attacking and taunt in the air to gain back DT, then repeat.

By the time you reach the room with the 2 Furies in M12 and 1 Fury + multiple Death Scissors in M16, you should have a fully charged gauge. Then just shoot it twice with the Shotgun to ensure it gets stunned on the ground then insta kill it with the Royal release.

In M12 though, you'll still need to deal with the other. Better than to deal with two at once though. 

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I feel like I should mention that for the Mission 19 Vergil fight if he has the Spiral Swords around you, you can also use Rainstorm to get rid of them. I know you mentioned to use Dr. Faust but I figure it's worth mentioning if someone doesn't want to use it for whatever reason. I actually found out about it when I watched this video and I felt dumb for not trying it out myself :P

For sure. Reason I went with Faust is that it means that I don't have to change styles from Trickster, or even think about the blue swords at all since they get instantly destroyed.

4 hours ago, Romikot84 said:

From your opinion " vlayertheslayer"Is it necessary to master jump cancel to platinum it?

Any jump cancelling I did while playing was by complete accident, so I'd say you don't have to.

3 hours ago, Ren said:

For M12 and M16, you can 1-shot one Fury by having a fully charged Royalguard gauge (even on DMD), you can charge it by either blocking an enemy's attack at the perfect time or holding down the O button while having DT gauge. So if you're not good at doing the perfect blocks, you can just hold down the button, then hit the enemies after they stop attacking and taunt in the air to gain back DT, then repeat.

Good tip. Furies were without a doubt the enemies that gave me the most trouble as Dante. I would just move the camera to face the wall, run alongside it while jumping and shooting with the Kalina Ann to avoid taking any damage. It wasn't pretty.

3 hours ago, Vergil said:

A tip for Nero. Is switching DT with Shoot. L1 to Square. This way you can charge your gun while fighting. I believe though many does this already :)

Yeah, the default controls are pretty clumsy, so configuring them is almost a must.

I found a good strategy to easily kill Furies with Dante. Just before he spawns, use Double Kalina Gunslinger R1+forward+O (laser beam) towards him: by the time the attack is ready the Fury will be fully spawned and you'll immediately damage and trap him for a while. Don't go for full beam, but stop it after a while because the Fury will teleport away. You'll take half of his health this way, and it is a very safe method (I used it for both encounters in mission 10). Then I usually kill hum with RG (the laser gives me some DT, so I can block without perfect timing). It is rather easy to do both encounters without getting hit, although style-wise it's not the best.

Also, still about mission 10 (it was the worse to S-rank on DMD so far, but I still have to do 18, 19, 20) a good way to build up style is:

* First encounter (Empusa Queen). Have red orbs surrounding you (Faust), build up style to SSS (I use real impact + dance macabre) and then stay close to her and hit her with normal attacks: these + the red orbs will keep her stunned and the style to full SSS (letters will be fully colored). You should get 6300-6500 points only from this fight.

* Flying enemies. Use Faust hat trick to bring all of them down together, build style (again, I like real impact + dance macabre): this will kill the small birds and keep the big red one alive. Then just RG perfect guard (it is easy to do against it, especially against its flamethrower attack), taunt and shot once in a while.

If you do well in these two encounters, even if you don't do extremely well in the other fights you'll get S at the end (and you won't need the no-damage bonus).

(And remember that Urizen doesn't give you points unless you kill him, so if you don't get 5000 points after the last fight against knights, either quit and restart to retry the last two fights (that's where the checkpoint is) or retry the whole mission.)

Hope this helps.

Edited by nudoetcrudo
  • Like 1

Lol I actually figured out that you can charge the meteor only 10 minutes ago in the Void. It does 20k damage to an Empusa, that's ridiculous (Real Impact is only 1k).

EDIT: I tried it, it doesn't always one-shot Vergil on DMD (still the easiest way to S-rank it).

Edited by nudoetcrudo

1 minute ago, VlayerTheSlayer said:

That sucks. I'll update the OP and suggest fighting the weaker enemies without Faust to build up some style.

I hate this damn S rank xD really and thinking redo this on DMC and H&H drive me crazy on DMC4 SE with lady is a piece of cake ARGH 

23 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Mission 10 SOS No damage, A rank -_- i use Faust, only no damage is not ok damn 

If you can do a no-damage run with Faust, then just built up style in the very first fight (against the Empusa Queen), it's very very easy. 

On 3/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

Have red orbs surrounding you (Faust), build up style to SSS (I use real impact + dance macabre) and then stay close to her and hit her with normal attacks: these + the red orbs will keep her stunned and the style to full SSS (letters will be fully colored). You should get 6300-6500 points only from this fight on DMD.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

If you can do a no-damage run with Faust, then just built up style in the very first fight (against the Empusa Queen), it's very very easy. 

Thx another problem on mission 12 i use skip with cavaliere and trickster great tip mate, but A rank i got damage on boss for S i need no damage? 

Edited by Neme-ita

1 minute ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx another problem on mission 12 i use skip with cavaliere and trickster great tip mate, but A rank i got damage on boss for S i need no damage? 

I did it No Damage because I had problems building up enough style with Dante and the enemies you face in that mission. I don't have a video of the boss fight unfortunately, but it's very similar to the Mission 17 DMD video I put up, specifically the 2nd phase of that fight. You can use the Faust turret to damage him, dodge everything but for the tentacles that chase you, use Royalguard to block them rather than try to outrun/dodge them. Save up some DT before the fight so even if you don't get perfect blocks, you won't take damage.

9 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

I think that in mission 12 you can choose different paths to destroy the "blood roots". I didn't skip any and started from the bottom entrance, then followed the path linearly. When Dante says "Crossroad? Decisions, decisions..." (or something like this) turn left and there will be a mandatory fight with an Empusa Queen. Get rid of the other enemies and do the same trick I wrote before on her. If you do just well (not necessarily extremely well) in the other encounters you should still get S.

For the boss, I spammed Real Impact all the time when his barrier is up (avoid attack, Real Impact, avoid, ... and again, since there is enough time between his attacks). When the barrier goes down Real Impact can miss, so I was using Dante Sword aerial combo + Swordmaster. You should also be able to build up style in this fight. (Also, always keep Faust red orbs surrounding you).

I am pretty sure there are best ways to do it, and that the Faust gatling gun if safer (although you won't get style), but it just worked fine for me :D 

2 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx guys finish SOS with all S in all mission but not in mission 8 and 10 i HATE rank system in this two mission HATE hope they patch this bulls$%

On mission 8 I know a sneaky trick to help build up a better combo at The beginning of the round. Basically there are 3 scythe enemies at the start which you can 'carry' up to the area with the other scythe enemy and the bat using the basic Devil breaker Snatch ability Just before you go into that part with the 2 enemies and the Fury, just build up to an SS combo with all these enemies and try to get the final kill right near the entrance to the fury fight and you can carry a higher combo into that battle and hopefully keep it upwards of an SS for way longer, bagging a much larger points value. I used this for over 6300 points on my SOS playthrough. Sorry for the garbled message. ??

Edited by CannibalX666X

Found a really easy way how to beat Cavaliere in mission 11. 
Just parry all his sword attack with Cerberus spin-attack (Lock+Stick-Forward+Triangle). When his sword got discharged and he tp to charge it just use meteor attack with Faust, it will deal great damage and get more then half Bosses health bar.

• Like 1