Tips, Tricks & Strategies for Platinum Trophy

VlayerTheSlayer

Hey guys, for Dante on Hell and Hell abuse Faust meteor and gatling gun. The meteor one-shot everything and gives you more style points, but use it only before enemies spawn since it takes time to charge (that's an easy easy way to kill Furies, for instance). Then clean the area with the gatling gun. Also, I noticed that "late/early blocking" with RG is very dangerous, as if your timing is not ok you will lose all DT in one hit. So for instance you cannot just guard all time against the spinning lizard (which I was doing), as they do multiple hits and they'll kill you at the second one. If you are not very confident about your perfect blocks, use it with caution (I will probably use it only against bosses).

Here is a video showing how to easily get S-rank on mission 10. It works at any difficulty. Instructions in the description. (I wish I would have done this on DMD, it would have saved me a lot of time T_T).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CannibalX666X said:

On mission 8 I know a sneaky trick to help build up a better combo at The beginning of the round. Basically there are 3 scythe enemies at the start which you can 'carry' up to the area with the other scythe enemy and the bat using the basic Devil breaker Snatch ability Just before you go into that part with the 2 enemies and the Fury, just build up to an SS combo with all these enemies and try to get the final kill right near the entrance to the fury fight and you can carry a higher combo into that battle and hopefully keep it upwards of an SS for way longer, bagging a much larger points value. I used this for over 6300 points on my SOS playthrough. Sorry for the garbled message. 1f44d-1f3fb.png

Thx i try 

6 hours ago, DigimonCrusher said:

Hey guys!

Here is my Mission 14 Walkthrough on DMD Difficulty. No Damage S Rank.

Hope this will help :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPD0rfT_X2Y&t=46s

Thx every help is welcome mate 

There is one tip I'd like to add which is in my opinion very important for HaH and that is V is immune to damage while Nightmare is being summoned. This helps tremendously with the M04 Boss for example and can help with other situations too. The immunity also lasts for a couple of seconds, maybe 5 or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vgor1988 said:

There is one tip I'd like to add which is in my opinion very important for HaH and that is V is immune to damage while Nightmare is being summoned. This helps tremendously with the M04 Boss for example and can help with other situations too. The immunity also lasts for a couple of seconds, maybe 5 or so.

It doesn't seem so. I summoned it and there was the "cocoon-like" thing on the ground (he still didn't fully spawn), and I still died. Same for when it jumps into the battlefield. I didn't try with the animation when it seems it comes from another dimension.

Also, if you do "Promotion" and V jumps on him, then Nightmare dies in one hit (but V lives). So better not to use "Promotion" or it's like wasting Nightmare.

47 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

I have difficulty with mission 18 for S rank on SOS and DMD i HATE this damn rank system i prefere old system now you need to stay on S lots of times 

Build up rank against first boss with RG perfect blocks. Do not attack him, just block hits attacks (it's very easy). Then kill it. On DMD I ended that fight with 7200 points.

Edited by nudoetcrudo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

It doesn't seem so. I summoned it and there was the "cocoon-like" thing on the ground (he still didn't fully spawn), and I still died. Same for when it jumps into the battlefield. I didn't try with the animation when it seems it comes from another dimension.

Also, if you do "Promotion" and V jumps on him, then Nightmare dies in one hit (but V lives). So better not to use "Promotion" or it's like wasting Nightmare.

How did Nightmare spawn for you? For me it was as a meteor, I'm 100% sure it gives immunity because V is not able to move during that time and I got hit by the boss and didn't lose a life. But I know that Nightmare doesn't always spawn as a meteor at the boss in M04, so that might be why. Anyway, it's good to have an Oh-Shit button like Nero did in DMC4.

6 minutes ago, vgor1988 said:

How did Nightmare spawn for you? For me it was as a meteor, I'm 100% sure it gives immunity because V is not able to move during that time and I got hit by the boss and didn't lose a life. But I know that Nightmare doesn't always spawn as a meteor at the boss in M04, so that might be why. Anyway, it's good to have an Oh-Shit button like Nero did in DMC4.

Oh right, there is also the meteor spam. I think there are 4: meteor, cocoon, dimension warp, jump.

Only during meteor V is not able to move, but 5 seconds seem too much, maybe 1-2 at most. Will check if that happens.

1 hour ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Build up rank against first boss with RG perfect blocks. Do not attack him, just block hits attacks (it's very easy). Then kill it. On DMD I ended that fight with 7200 points.

R1+Circle at the exact time against Griffon right? I try thx mate for all you advice 

Edited by Neme-ita

3 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

R1+Circle at the exact time right? I try thx mate for all you advice 

Yes, it is very easy against its bullet attack. Against the laser I usually do normal blocks. 

Also, if you do always perfect blocks you'll reach SSS in no time with fully colored letters. DO NOT ATTACK or then the letter will become "empty" and the score will decrease.

6 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Yes, it is very easy against its bullet attack. Against the laser I usually do normal blocks. 

Also, if you do always perfect blocks you'll reach SSS in no time with fully colored letters. DO NOT ATTACK or then the letter will become "empty" and the score will decrease.

Thx again i try tonight :D

5 minutes ago, OnlyHardPlatinum said:

Ok I'm finish HAH difficulty, now I miss a 10 S on DMD difficulty, I'm using checkpoints trick, but it,s very hard…..

Only one S for plat? Congratz mate 

13 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

This may be know to many, but apparently I was never doing the EX taunt correctly and I was always doing the basic one. I did by accident a full EX taunt and the style point went to S. Combined with camera manipulation, this is a GREAT way to get A LOT style points: just turn the camera such that no enemies is on the screen, do a full taunt, then proceed normally.

This is a tremendous help in HaH, because you can get tons of skill points, die twice (no bonus/penalty) and still get S.

Practical example in this video: without EX taunt before juggling the enemies as much as possible, I was getting at most 3900 after the first fight and 5100 after the second. Now I end the second with 7000 points, which is more than enough do get S even without the x2.4 multiplier (no damage + no continue).

Hope this helps.

lol :D

On 3/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, vgor1988 said:

Do you mean when the camera pans out to the sky, showing where he's coming from? V is always invincible for a brief time when he snaps his finger, but perhaps he's also invincible when the camera pans out away from V since that's disorienting?

16 minutes ago, Ren said:

Do you mean when the camera pans out to the sky, showing where he's coming from? V is always invincible for a brief time when he snaps his finger, but perhaps he's also invincible when the camera pans out away from V since that's disorienting?

What I meant was that there are several ways that nightmare can spawn, sometimes he emerges from the ground while other times he comes crashing down as a meteor dealing a huge amount of damage. It seems like the meteor spawn is only possible once per fight, but it can save you from taking damage.

7 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

lol :D

21 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

This may be know to many, but apparently I was never doing the EX taunt correctly and I was always doing the basic one. I did by accident a full EX taunt and the style point went to S. Combined with camera manipulation, this is a GREAT way to get A LOT style points: just turn the camera such that no enemies is on the screen, do a full taunt, then proceed normally.

This is a tremendous help in HaH, because you can get tons of skill points, die twice (no bonus/penalty) and still get S.

Practical example in this video: without EX taunt before juggling the enemies as much as possible, I was getting at most 3900 after the first fight and 5100 after the second. Now I end the second with 7000 points, which is more than enough do get S even without the x2.4 multiplier (no damage + no continue).

Hope this helps.

You dont need this. Beat the level normally and leave one at the end. Hold R2 to grab an enemy and keep dancing. Nero's S is ez.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShiyuLiu said:

You dont need this. Beat the level normally and leave one at the end. Hold R2 to grab an enemy and keep dancing. Nero's S is ez.

I tried, but I think this gives you less points. 

If you do this, it means that you'll spent part of the fight with low rank (D, C, B, A) and you'll land hits at this low rank (hits to kill all but one enemy). 

If you taunt before, you'll start fighting at S instead.

Also, you if you do a second EX taunt during the same fight your style won't increase and actually will decrease, so you cannot keep dancing multiple times (not sure if this is what you meant by "keep dancing").

And finally, you cannot grab-hold some enemies like the Behemot.

Btw, with V and Dante is easier because with V you can dance and still use Griffon / Shadow / Nightmare to keep the enemies away.

With Dante, you can use "mini" Faust (Gunslinger R1+back+O) to keep shooting while doing other things (dancing).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

I tried, but I think this gives you less points. 

If you do this, it means that you'll spent part of the fight with low rank (D, C, B, A) and you'll land hits at this low rank (hits to kill all but one enemy). 

If you taunt before, you'll start fighting at S instead.

Also, you if you do a second EX taunt during the same fight your style won't increase and actually will decrease, so you cannot keep dancing multiple times (not sure if this is what you meant by "keep dancing").

And finally, you cannot grab-hold some enemies like the Behemot.

Btw, with V and Dante is easier because with V you can dance and still use Griffon / Shadow / Nightmare to keep the enemies away.

With Dante, you can use "mini" Faust (Gunslinger R1+back+O) to keep shooting while doing other things (dancing).

Oh so the EX Taunt puts you straight into S? Damn, that's awesome. Usually the problem is that enemies die too fast so the fight ends by the time SSS comes up (except for V... fucking Nightmare skyrockets the rank with those beams), but by starting at S that won't be a problem.

I was gonna just get 3m orbs, back up the save and use the same 3m to pop each trophy, but I guess I should actually farm 9m and get the skills for real.

2 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Oh so the EX Taunt puts you straight into S? Damn, that's awesome.

Yes, but enemies have to be not too far. If enemies are too far away when you start taunting, then the taunt won't increase your score until enemies come closer.

The taunt takes some time to complete and score will increase gradually. When the taunt ends you'll get S style + some red orbs.

(except for V... fucking Nightmare skyrockets the rank with those beams)

Lol yes.

I was gonna just get 3m orbs, back up the save and use the same 3m to pop each trophy, but I guess I should actually farm 9m and get the skills for real.

You would need around 14M to unlock all abilities + other several millions  if you want to use Faust to do no-damage runs with Dante.

Does the 'No Damage' bonus void if you close the game and continue, or quit mission then continue?

I finished Mission 18 pretty sure with no damage (but quit mission then continued), and did not get the bonus.

Does it have to be all in one uninterrupted go?