Tips, Tricks & Strategies for Platinum Trophy

VlayerTheSlayer

Okay, so I got 5 missions left to S rank on DMD, all of them are Dante missions. M10, M12, M17, M18, M19. I have a vague idea of what I need to do for M10, M12 and maybe M19. How the hell do I get through M17 and M18 with enough points? I barely made it on both DH and SoS (didn't play Human) and I got absolutely no idea how to squeeze enough style points from both Urizen 3 and the dastardly trio!

34 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Okay, so I got 5 missions left to S rank on DMD, all of them are Dante missions. M10, M12, M17, M18, M19. I have a vague idea of what I need to do for M10, M12 and maybe M19. How the hell do I get through M17 and M18 with enough points? I barely made it on both DH and SoS (didn't play Human) and I got absolutely no idea how to squeeze enough style points from both Urizen 3 and the dastardly trio!

If you got a lot of red orbs and are willing to use Faust, then that's your fast ticket to success. Check the first post of this thread, I have a video on Mission 17 showing me beat Urizen without taking damage.

51 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

For M18, i recommend you to only fight the enemies before the battle with Shadow & Griffon after you destroy the two Blood Clots, that way you can keep the Style for all enemies. Killing the 3 Red Empusas that spawn the Blue Orb Fragment is okay though.

For M17 and M19, i personally like using RoyalGuard to perfect block the bosses' attacks which builds up Style very fast and then using Royal Release which also deals a high amount of damage once the RG gauge is completely filled. One sweet tip about M19 i can give you is that when Vergil summons the swords around you, if you jump with Balrog while having its "Rolling Blaze" skill, then it will instantly destroy all swords at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VlayerTheSlayer said:

If you got a lot of red orbs and are willing to use Faust, then that's your fast ticket to success. Check the first post of this thread, I have a video on Mission 17 showing me beat Urizen without taking damage.

I don't wanna use Faust because I'm saving my orbs to buy the last taunt I need for the trophy, so I was wondering if there was some other way

1 hour ago, Ren said:

For M18, i recommend you to only fight the enemies before the battle with Shadow & Griffon after you destroy the two Blood Clots, that way you can keep the Style for all enemies. Killing the 3 Red Empusas that spawn the Blue Orb Fragment is okay though.

For M17 and M19, i personally like using RoyalGuard to perfect block the bosses' attacks which builds up Style very fast and then using Royal Release which also deals a high amount of damage once the RG gauge is completely filled. One sweet tip about M19 i can give you is that when Vergil summons the swords around you, if you jump with Balrog while having its "Rolling Blaze" skill, then it will instantly destroy all swords at once.

The issue isn't keeping style, sadly, so much as getting it in the first place. The Shadow fight and the Shadow+Griffon fight regularly fuck my style up and the 3 Empusas are almost never enough to make the rating climb back up enough for me to pass the final fight with a few fuckups, which I always do.

As for M19, I already got RG and all that down pat, tbh. The issue was more M17, but the real problem in that is phase 2, in which Urizen just decides to stay at a distance and shoot his stupid swords and whatnot at me instead of getting up close, so I can never build up style by comboing on him.

14 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

I don't wanna use Faust because I'm saving my orbs to buy the last taunt I need for the trophy, so I was wondering if there was some other way

You can farm millions in no time. Then Dante's mission are much easier to S-rank if you spam Faust gatling gun and get the no-damage bonus.

Anyway, for M18 you can build thousands of points during the first fight with Griffon with perfect blocks with RG.

For M19 you can 1-shot Vergil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCrbgPxmM4 

2 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

The issue isn't keeping style, sadly, so much as getting it in the first place. The Shadow fight and the Shadow+Griffon fight regularly fuck my style up and the 3 Empusas are almost never enough to make the rating climb back up enough for me to pass the final fight with a few fuckups, which I always do.

As for M19, I already got RG and all that down pat, tbh. The issue was more M17, but the real problem in that is phase 2, in which Urizen just decides to stay at a distance and shoot his stupid swords and whatnot at me instead of getting up close, so I can never build up style by comboing on him.

Most people won't have any real battle advice for Dante's bosses because we all pretty much cheese them with Faust. Not only because it's easier but also because it is so much faster. I only did the fights for real on DH, when I was playing blind.

For M19 I have always done it with No Damage, only building a bit of style on the 3 scythe dudes after Griffin. The Royal Guard strat on the first Griffin fight is acceptable, but it takes too long and it is not viable for HaH.

For M17 if you are so hell-bent to do it normally, all I can say is that last phase is meant to be done with SDT. Breaking the little sword with Ebony & Ivory shots give a lot of DT, so play defensive until you get your SDT and then deal damage with it.

Anyway, I was just done playing and today I got another 4 missions done. This thing of leaving DMD to do back to back with HaH is helping me a lot.

I've got M03 on 2nd attempt: I died to the Riots on the 3rd fight. Then on the succesful attempt I actually died once to the boss but still got enough points.

M04 on 2nd attempt: died to a bat once on the 2nd fight and just restarted it. Got this one with No Damage but I would still have had enough points even without it.

M05 on 3rd attempt: got killed by one of those legs coming from the ceiling on 2nd fight and then died to 1st fight, so I restarted that one, lol. The battle with Cavalier took over 5 minutes but I managed to do it with No Damage thanks to the long ass iframes from activating DT when I got slowed down by a bubble.

M06 is just a boss: got this one on first try with No Damage after getting smacked a bunch while doing it on DMD.

So far so good. I'm only a bit concerned about M12, I think after I get past that one I should be golden.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

You can farm millions in no time. Then Dante's mission are much easier to S-rank if you spam Faust gatling gun and get the no-damage bonus.

Anyway, for M18 you can build thousands of points during the first fight with Griffon with perfect blocks with RG.

For M19 you can 1-shot Vergil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCrbgPxmM4 

Farming makes the game a chore so I'd much rather avoid that. Besides, it feels a bit like cheating to me to just play the game like that, getting no dmg bonuses instead of actually using style to fuck the bosses up. I was looking for some combat style strats more than just a way to end fights quickly and with no dmg

6 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Most people won't have any real battle advice for Dante's bosses because we all pretty much cheese them with Faust. Not only because it's easier but also because it is so much faster. I only did the fights for real on DH, when I was playing blind.

For M19 I have always done it with No Damage, only building a bit of style on the 3 scythe dudes after Griffin. The Royal Guard strat on the first Griffin fight is acceptable, but it takes too long and it is not viable for HaH.

For M17 if you are so hell-bent to do it normally, all I can say is that last phase is meant to be done with SDT. Breaking the little sword with Ebony & Ivory shots give a lot of DT, so play defensive until you get your SDT and then deal damage with it.

Anyway, I was just done playing and today I got another 4 missions done. This thing of leaving DMD to do back to back with HaH is helping me a lot.

I've got M03 on 2nd attempt: I died to the Riots on the 3rd fight. Then on the succesful attempt I actually died once to the boss but still got enough points.

M04 on 2nd attempt: died to a bat once on the 2nd fight and just restarted it. Got this one with No Damage but I would still have had enough points even without it.

M05 on 3rd attempt: got killed by one of those legs coming from the ceiling on 2nd fight and then died to 1st fight, so I restarted that one, lol. The battle with Cavalier took over 5 minutes but I managed to do it with No Damage thanks to the long ass iframes from activating DT when I got slowed down by a bubble.

M06 is just a boss: got this one on first try with No Damage after getting smacked a bunch while doing it on DMD.

So far so good. I'm only a bit concerned about M12, I think after I get past that one I should be golden.

That's a shame, I was hoping somebody here had some "legit", so to speak, combat style strats.

That's M18, and no dmging it isn't the only way considering I did it the normal way twice already and I'm close (4800 w/o bonus, second try) on DMD

That's something I haven't tried yet, I'll try doing that then, thanks for the advice

25 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Farming makes the game a chore so I'd much rather avoid that. Besides, it feels a bit like cheating to me to just play the game like that, getting no dmg bonuses instead of actually using style to fuck the bosses up. I was looking for some combat style strats more than just a way to end fights quickly and with no dmg

That's a shame, I was hoping somebody here had some "legit", so to speak, combat style strats.

That's M18, and no dmging it isn't the only way considering I did it the normal way twice already and I'm close (4800 w/o bonus, second try) on DMD

That's something I haven't tried yet, I'll try doing that then, thanks for the advice

It's not a chore at all, 300k per 90 sec it's A LOT. I probably farmed only 1h in total (mostly for HaH).

I understand that feeling and I did all S-rank on DMD without any of trick (simply because I didn't know any :D).

The combat strats you can use are very simple: learn to perfect block with RG to build up stile. That's it, for Dante, as in many of the missions you mentioned building up points with just regular hits is extremely hard (especially M10). You may want to use the EX taunt with camera manipulation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrGJFcv4ls but you may consider it as "cheating" as well.

1 hour ago, Valtekken173 said:

I felt cheated by the game on Missions 10 and 18, so I don't feel bad for cheesing those.

As @nudoetcrudo said, on DMD you can sit there and parry attacks until SSS and then kill the enemies. For me that is boring and takes too long, on top of not being viable for HaH.

If the game balanced its points better we wouldn't need to come up with these cheesy strats. How come I get like 7000 (pre bonus) in mission 11 but then I play equally fine on mission 10 and get like 4500... Bosses have a much bigger weight in points, that's why the general points on M10 are so low. No beatable boss, so no extra points at the end.

48 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

I felt cheated by the game on Missions 10 and 18, so I don't feel bad for cheesing those.

As @nudoetcrudo said, on DMD you can sit there and parry attacks until SSS and then kill the enemies. For me that is boring and takes too long, on top of not being viable for HaH.

If the game balanced its points better we wouldn't need to come up with these cheesy strats. How come I get like 7000 (pre bonus) in mission 11 but then I play equally fine on mission 10 and get like 4500... Bosses have a much bigger weight in points, that's why the general points on M10 are so low. No beatable boss, so no extra points at the end.

Yep, I think that if the final score would have been the sum of all points instead of the average, it would have been perfect (instead of using cheesy tactics like EX taunt and RG, you fight optional enemies to get more points, like in DMC4).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Yep, I think that if the final score would have been the sum of all points instead of the average, it would have been perfect (instead of using cheesy tactics like EX taunt and RG, you fight optional enemies to get more points, like in DMC4).

Plus it encourages skipping fights. M01 is even more laughable when ignoring everything and just going for the boss. It gives 7400 points, lol.

M08 is the only one I get into a skippable fight since the points are so low and is much easier than beating Urizen.

The problem with DMC4 scoring was putting so much weight on Red Orbs. I dunno why it's so hard to get right.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

You can watch the video of ellajjaz about mission 18. He used the bike in the air to knock out the bird and then did the prop shredder on the core to raise his style. Then you get out and quickly get in again with the bike to his face to repeat, but you can also use honeycomb fire to get to a higher rank. For Shadow, you can also use honeycomb fire and shotgun stinger and then the prop shredder combo again on his core. When they double team you, focusing on the cat will end the fight but if you focus the bird it will still go on. Then you get a checkpoint at the last room and can try over and over to perfect it but you don't have to no damage it, S rank is still possible without using the cheese tactic some people use.

On 28/3/2019 at 11:42 AM, nudoetcrudo said:

It's not a chore at all, 300k per 90 sec it's A LOT. I probably farmed only 1h in total (mostly for HaH).

I understand that feeling and I did all S-rank on DMD without any of trick (simply because I didn't know any :D).

The combat strats you can use are very simple: learn to perfect block with RG to build up stile. That's it, for Dante, as in many of the missions you mentioned building up points with just regular hits is extremely hard (especially M10). You may want to use the EX taunt with camera manipulation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXrGJFcv4ls but you may consider it as "cheating" as well.

It feels like a chore still, you gotta do repetitive stuff with Faust and I can't really say I like that...

Perfect block with RG could work on many of the fights, but Fury simply fucks that plan up by existing. The thing that makes me furious is that m10 starts off great for me because I get a fuckton of points, upwards of 6000 even, which steadily drop over the course of the like 6 mandatory fights the level has. As for the taunt, I already use camera manipulation to avoid enemies fucking me up while I charge a shot, so I might as well use it.

22 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I don't feel cheated, but I sure feel like keeping a 5000 as the base score for this mission is a shitty design choice. Parrying attacks can work if you got good timing but I'm crap at it, plus there's the Fury problem as stated above.

17 hours ago, KainDMD said:

You can watch the video of ellajjaz about mission 18. He used the bike in the air to knock out the bird and then did the prop shredder on the core to raise his style. Then you get out and quickly get in again with the bike to his face to repeat, but you can also use honeycomb fire to get to a higher rank. For Shadow, you can also use honeycomb fire and shotgun stinger and then the prop shredder combo again on his core. When they double team you, focusing on the cat will end the fight but if you focus the bird it will still go on. Then you get a checkpoint at the last room and can try over and over to perfect it but you don't have to no damage it, S rank is still possible without using the cheese tactic some people use.

I'll watch it, thanks
EDIT: I'm back with one down and four to go. M17 has been S-ranked, with a whole lot of effort, a bit of luck and some cramps. Now all that's left are M10, M12, M18, M19. M19 is the one with the closest result to 6000 (with the no continue bonus, 5113) so I'm probably going to be practicing that one. I still don't know how I'll deal with M10 and M12, but I'll worry about that later.
EDIT2: Thanks to Kain's advice I managed to S rank M18. Only M10, M12 and M19 left now.
EDIT3: M10 is done, thanks to some luck and a LOT of Cavaliere Swordmaster air combo. Only Vergil and M12 left now.

Edited by Valtekken173

17 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Perfect block with RG could work on many of the fights, but Fury simply fucks that plan up by existing. The thing that makes me furious is that m10 starts off great for me because I get a fuckton of points, upwards of 6000 even, which steadily drop over the course of the like 6 mandatory fights the level has. As for the taunt, I already use camera manipulation to avoid enemies fucking me up while I charge a shot, so I might as well use it.

There are easy ways to deal with Furies as Dante. For the first one I charge Balrog's Ignition in kick mode and switch to oinch before going into the fight. I walk to the Fury spawn point and greet him with a Real Impact. This kills him outright in SoS. I haven't played that mission in DMD yet but if he survives there I would use Cerberus' back to forward move, Ice Age, to clash, then shoot a rocket with Double Kalina Ann to knock him down and immediately do the charged shot. My guess is that that should kill him, otherwise repeat.

For the other one after the bats I do a level 1 meteor, which also catches the Hell Bat that spawns over the Fury. Alternatively, if you still prefer to spent HOURS repeating the same missions instead of farming for 30 minutes, you can use your SDT.

41 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

There are easy ways to deal with Furies as Dante. For the first one I charge Balrog's Ignition in kick mode and switch to oinch before going into the fight. I walk to the Fury spawn point and greet him with a Real Impact. This kills him outright in SoS. I haven't played that mission in DMD yet but if he survives there I would use Cerberus' back to forward move, Ice Age, to clash, then shoot a rocket with Double Kalina Ann to knock him down and immediately do the charged shot. My guess is that that should kill him, otherwise repeat.

For the other one after the bats I do a level 1 meteor, which also catches the Hell Bat that spawns over the Fury. Alternatively, if you still prefer to spent HOURS repeating the same missions instead of farming for 30 minutes, you can use your SDT.

The Furies in M10 are no longer a problem. Can't say the same for the 2 Furies encounter in M12, however, and RI doesn't fuck them up enough to kill them sadly. Then again, other issues are present in M12, from the Judecca encounter to the 423 Riots+goat enemies encounter, not to mention that asshole Baphomet encounter. M12 is a damn nightmare, I have to revive like 10 times every time I play it.

1 hour ago, Valtekken173 said:

The Furies in M10 are no longer a problem. Can't say the same for the 2 Furies encounter in M12, however, and RI doesn't fuck them up enough to kill them sadly. Then again, other issues are present in M12, from the Judecca encounter to the 423 Riots+goat enemies encounter, not to mention that asshole Baphomet encounter. M12 is a damn nightmare, I have to revive like 10 times every time I play it.

Those 2 are super easy to deal with: just use the skips so that you only have 2 mandatory battles =). That way you only battle the goat and berserker in the first mandatory fight, and the enemy spawning thing with Riots after the 2nd blood clot (which can be won instantly by a level 1 meteor).

18 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

A Fury on SoS can be one shot if you do distorted real impact, normal one doesn't kill them right away. On DMD it brings them down to about half health I think

Are you sure you do a distorted RI? I think they removed DRI

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241018-devil-may-cry-5/77555356 

I also was never able to perform it, so maybe you are just doing a DT RI, which deals more than regular RI.

6 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Those 2 are super easy to deal with: just use the skips so that you only have 2 mandatory battles =). That way you only battle the goat and berserker in the first mandatory fight, and the enemy spawning thing with Riots after the 2nd blood clot (which can be won instantly by a level 1 meteor).

I ended up using the skips and destroying my thumbs to fuck Urizen up without dying, but the M12 S rank is mine. Now it's Vergil's turn to get fucked up, but Lord knows I can't do it today or my thumbs will just snap clean off.

4 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Are you sure you do a distorted RI? I think they removed DRI

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241018-devil-may-cry-5/77555356 

I also was never able to perform it, so maybe you are just doing a DT RI, which deals more than regular RI.

No I did a distorted real impact in the first fight in mission 11 when the fury spawns, it's in the game but they don't super slow it down like in dmc4

5 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

No I did a distorted real impact in the first fight in mission 11 when the fury spawns, it's in the game but they don't super slow it down like in dmc4

Alright, I'll test it again when bloody palace dlc will be out.

Did you test it in the void? When I tried, I checked the damage and was the same.