"Invalid login information" When attempting to access multiplayer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We tried and it still didn’t work. The person I did it with (@darkryuuzaki) tried to contact the developer Luc Bernard on Twitter and he said he’d look into it, but I don’t think he has heard back. We should all try! :)

• Like 1

Ok will try to contact the devs as well. Sometimes the small devs can surprise us. When I found out that the bards Tale Remastered and Resnarkled had a trophy glitch, I (and I’m sure others) wrote to Red Art Games and the devs to see if they could put out patch prior to the physical release and they actually did! So here’s to hoping this dev helps us out with Mecho Wars ?

• 1 month later...

Is the online still broken? Looks like no one's gotten it in a while, but also there's not many players.

@LucBernard?

Also anyone know if you can play against yourself? (One Vita one PS4? Does the PS4 version have online?) I think that's what I did on Pocket God vs Desert Ashes, or maybe even regular Desert Ashes.

The game's on sale now, I might pick it up anyway even if the Vita version is broken, since it's cross buy with PS4 and that one doesn't have online trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I tweeted the developer and to my surprise he just replied back saying he's doing maintenance. It might have been a very long maintenance, hopefully that's true and we can finally earn those trophies.

I'm able to log in right now.

To answer my question regarding PS4, that one does not have online. So looks like I need to find someone to boost with. I've got the game at 0% on my profile and updated here, but it still won't let me make a session. ☹️

32 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I'm able to log in right now.

To answer my question regarding PS4, that one does not have online. So looks like I need to find someone to boost with. I've got the game at 0% on my profile and updated here, but it still won't let me make a session. 2639.png

I tried to login earlier today like 12 hours ago. I tweeted him some hours ago and he replied back less than an hour ago. I deleted the game, but gonna re-download it now to test the multiplayer.

Edit: It looks like the issue is solved, but you need NAT type 2 to successfully access the multiplayer.

Edited by Deceptrox

48 minutes ago, visighost said:

My connection is type 2, and I still get the same result. Doesn’t look like it’s fixed...

Well, there should be at least 2 people besides me who can connect. I was ranked 29 last night and rank 31 now. Also goes to show how unpopular this game is, if you can be ranked so highly without ever playing.

ikxB3fC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got the platinum today and even if the game was an average advance wars clone (but with amazing art) i had so much trouble with crashes (game crashed amd i had to reload a previous cloud save and lost 30 minutes of progress each time) and online connection problems i am not sure it was worth it.

Thanks for the heads-up. I get a “Network request failed” instead of the usual “Invalid network request” - but still can’t get in any sort of lobby.

For those who managed to get it: what usually happens after you click on multiplayer? The screenshot you put above?

Edited by visighost

• 10 months later...
On 24/7/2019 at 1:46 AM, Milktastrophe said:

There's a new update out today. The patch notes says it improves online stability. Maybe it'll work now for you guys who had trouble connecting? @Deceptrox @visighost @NathanielJohn

I downloaded the game today (for the third time) and I still get the "Invalid Login Information" message.

I have no idea why I can't connect online. My NAT is type 2, and the internet signal is good. 

Maybe it has to do with Mecho.net and my ip? Maybe only ips from certain countries can connect online? 

Edited by Deceptrox

On 1/6/2020 at 11:40 PM, Deceptrox said:

Maybe it has to do with Mecho.net and my ip? Maybe only ips from certain countries can connect online?

Maybe.

I started playing the Asian physical version and I can connect. I can also connect to the original Desert Ashes digital game. I am in Latam. I know a player in the States that can not connect with either title.

Edited by xBest_1989x

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add to my previous post:

Today I managed to get the online trophies for the Asian physical version. My theory is that you can only connect right now if you had your account registered in the server at some point in the past when it was working fine, either playing this or Desert Ashes. In my case, I had completed the online trophies for Desert Ashes some years ago, so it was working.

Every single new player I found here or in another forums were getting the Invalid Login error. I managed to get in touch with a player that got the online trophies some time ago and he was also able to connect. Through some excruciating boosting with multiple timeouts and disconnections, he helped me to get all the MP trophies. Big shot-out to @Torchwood4sp for his help. A curious thing is that the trophies popped when I connected back to the server and my info was updated on the Vita system.

I'm happy that I was able to get that out of my mind, but boy, what a messed up online system lol.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I finally found a solution. I don't know if the devs actually fix the issue here though.

On 13/6/2020 at 9:17 PM, xBest_1989x said:

I just wanted to add to my previous post:

Today I managed to get the online trophies for the Asian physical version. My theory is that you can only connect right now if you had your account registered in the server at some point in the past when it was working fine, either playing this or Desert Ashes. In my case, I had completed the online trophies for Desert Ashes some years ago, so it was working.

Every single new player I found here or in another forums were getting the Invalid Login error. I managed to get in touch with a player that got the online trophies some time ago and he was also able to connect. Through some excruciating boosting with multiple timeouts and disconnections, he helped me to get all the MP trophies. Big shot-out to @Torchwood4sp for his help. A curious thing is that the trophies popped when I connected back to the server and my info was updated on the Vita system.

I'm happy that I was able to get that out of my mind, but boy, what a messed up online system lol.

What @xBest_1989x said is correct, I confirmed it after I went ahead and downloaded Desert Ashes some minutes ago, then I started it and was successful on creating a Mecho account. After that I re-downloaded Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes and was finally able to login into Mecho.net and got the screen where I can create an online game. 

I hope this helps everybody with the same problem.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

Whoa, cool, it totally does work now with no problem!  The trophies are a little glitchy though, not always popping when they should.  The first match I played, the loser got the "Win your first online battle" trophy instead of the actual winner.  It all popped eventually though.  Having your opponent surrender 5 times in a row is a quick way to get the five wins instead of playing a bunch of matches.