patrickogorman19

Is trophy hunting a waste of time your thoughts.

109 posts in this topic

I was wondering what your opinion do you agree or disagree or neutral. I feel that grinding 100 hours grinding trophies sometimes feel like a waste of time.But you gonna earn that ultra rare platnium.

It's a total waste of time for me.
Could I do better with my time? Absolutely.

Would I, then? Absolutely not.

If you like it, then why would it be a waste of time? It's your own time to do as you please

In something I will have to spend my free time.

As with any hobby, it’s about limits. If somebody enjoys spending their free time doing something, good for them. But it should be “free time,” not something that obstructs your relationships/work/family life/etc.

For me, it's certainly not a waste of time. It's a hobby that's turned into a bit of a passion for me. I make guides to help other people and the satisfaction I get from doing that allows me to say that it's not. Even if I wasn't doing guides, I'd enjoy trophy hunting regardless, but doing guides gives me that extra block to fill in my time and gives me something to do.

People might say that trophy hunting is a waste of time, but that's just their opinion. If you enjoy it, then do it. It adds another dynamic to gaming and gives people motivation to reach certain goals in a game. 

I've got nothing but time to waste, so why not waste it on something I enjoy?

Yes it is, but still I can't stop it. 

I wish I could be like my friends who just beat the story and then drop the game

16 minutes ago, PaoloGaldor said:

Going to be controversial and say yes !! Well for me anyhow !! I find that trophies have ruined my gaming somewhat.. I get obsessed every so often with whether games can give ma a platinum that  I loose sight of why I play games !! I've got a shed load of games in my backlog that are untouched or uncompleted due to this.  I know its my problem and on the flip side when i'm in the zone the thrill of getting an elusive trophy is amazing.

Pre trophy days I just played games.. because i liked them !!

Completely agree.  I'm not doing anything, artificially, for hundreds of hours or rounds or lightning strikes for a digital ping.  Oh well.

It's either that or slowly rocking back and forth on the couch with a spoonful of mushy peas in each armpit.

Therefore I chose trophy hunting.

If you enjoy doing something, then I don’t think it’s a waste of time. Playing games and hunting trophies are some of the things that I enjoy doing the most, so, no, these activities are not a waste of time, for me.

Not if you enjoy working on them, they give more value to the game.. but if you're not enjoy what you were doing then sure

Play games you enjoy and those grindy trophies wont be as bad. Is it a waste? Well, in the grand scheme of things yeah..... but there are worse ways we can be spending our free time

I hunted some trophies that I consider now as a waste of time. Now, I have change my mind on which trophies I will decide to hunt.

My main problem was to decide to plat a game before to even play it! Because I like the serie, because I like the developper, etc. And even when I like a game, sometimes trophies are stupid, like grind this or grind that. Would you like to do several runs like different difficulties? Or maybe a speed run, like for Ico, a poetic and comtemplative game where you enjoy the landscape...

1 hour ago, jaehyun1009 said:

To me trophy hunting provides that extra motivation to explore the game to its fullest extent in most cases. For example I wouldn't have gone the extra mile to get the 7 ultimate weapons, fight dark aeons, etc. in FFX if it weren't for trophies. I get more value out of games and earn trophies in the process, win-win situation.

Couldnt agree more. I look at nintendo and think so many fun games there but my god if there was a trophy/achievment system it would be a miles more popular console imo

Not time wasted if you enjoy what you do.

sleeping is a waste of time. any other time of the day where you are awake isnt. use the time you have on whatever you want.

Posted (edited)

I disagree, when you start to like hunt every trophy in any game, you change the way of playing games, currently I'm playing a game on my PSP and obviously, it does not have trophies, but I try to do every single side-quest or find every treasure because now I need to do most of the thing available and try to know more about the story or NPCs than just go for the main story and change to another game. So no, trophies are not a waste of time, is a way of reach a better experience and appreciate the labor of the developes.

Edited by AlchemistWer