Is trophy hunting a waste of time your thoughts.

Yes.

All pursuits for pleasure are a waste of time - in fact, all pursuits whether for pleasure or not are a waste of time for the 99.99% of people who are not smart enough or brave enough or special enough to be advancing the cause of the human race.

We are cursed with awareness of our own mortality, and our own insignificance in the universe. In the first world countries, we no longer have to spend the majority of our energies simply staying alive, and so destracting ourselves from the bleak hopelessness of our meaningless lives is all most of us can hope for. 

Entertainment provides that. 

As do hobbies.

As do collecting useless things.

Want all three of those things in one?

*ding* 

*ding*

*ding*

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

It’s only a waste of time if you’re not enjoying yourself and you focus on something as unimportant as the leaderboards. 

Whether you have 1 platinum, 50 platinums, 100 platinums or 200 platinums, what matters the most is enjoying yourself. 

In short, it’s entertainment.

• Like 1

On 17.3.2019 at 1:05 PM, Erkawest said:

Yes it is, but still I can't stop it. 

I wish I could be like my friends who just beat the story and then drop the game

You have 122 open games and you are talking about not dropping games.. rlly funny :D

Imo its a waste if you just play a few games too 100%, do it for all games or let it stay!

I think it's only a waste of time if it is stopping you from playing the games you want to play because you are too worried about finishing your old games. That's how it was for me. Ive been kicking that habit and have started several games since dropping out of the events I joined on this site. I still feel like I'm wrecking my list but at the same time I feel a sense of freedom I didn't have before when I only cared about getting 100%.

Edited by coldsphinx93

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

It’s only a waste of time if you’re not enjoying yourself and you focus on something as unimportant as the leaderboards

Whether you have 1 platinum, 50 platinums, 100 platinums or 200 platinums, what matters the most is enjoying yourself. 

In short, it’s entertainment.

FTFY.

Although seriously, some people enjoy focusing on ''the leaderboards''. Then it's not a waste of time. 

In my opinion, what mostly entertains you it's not a waste of time, whether collecting trophies or not. If, for instance, after a stressful day, you finally came back home and for chilling out what you want to do is a long grinding or just a quick play on any game, i wouldn't judge better the former rather than the latter or vice versa.