Sekiro Get Gud??? Lower trophy completion rate?

4 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

The plat rarity will be the same like other dark souls games. If a guide is up everyone can plat it.

I guess you missed the point I was trying to make. If you can't do it. Then you can't do it. Doesn't matter if there is a guide. If you suck at playing the game you won't be able to finish it. The reason Dark souls and bloodborne have a pretty high completion rate is cause people summon other people or friends or whatever and they essentially play the game for them making it significantly easier. An Example in dark souls is the boss fight ornstein and smough. A lot of people can't beat them alone. So they summon other players. If you had to do that battle alone I guarantee a lot of people would not have the dark souls platinum trophy. That's just one example. And it doesn't matter if you follow a guide. Some people just CAN'T do it. They can't beat that boss alone. And that's why Sekiro Will have a lower completion rate in my opinion. Because if they have any situations like that. Some people won't be able to call for help. They will have to either not finish the game. Or they will have to GET GUD!!!! 

• Like 1

Well, that if there's no glitch on launch that could make the game easy and they won't add co-op later like Nioh (in those missions where you fight two bosses as I've heard)

Anyway, this is really interesting.. let's see how things goes, I guess ?

4 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

it all depends if it matches the same style as the souls games...

and also dont forget ppl shareplay if they cant finish it xD

It's supposed to be a completely different style of play. The developers were saying if you run in and treat the game like dark souls.. you will die. A LOT!! No more invincibility dodge rolling. It's going to be a new play style. So players will have to adapt. You will basically have to UN LEARN everything you know from dark souls and bloodborne. But I love that. It keeps things fresh. Oh and I think a good majority of people don't actually shareplay to finish parts of games. I think that's more of a trophy hunter thing.That's why MOST of the time if you check the percentages of trophies world wide overall players compared to just trophy hunters or trophy sites like this one they are usually much lower. Most gamers overall are not trophy people. And most are not so dedicated to finish games. If a game is too hard they just move on to the next.  Most don't even care about trophies. We are a small community compared to the overall amount of people that play games. But anyway I'm getting sidetracked. I'm so excited for this game and to see what it brings! Praise the sun! lol

• Like 2

The soulsborne games were only ever hard to learn but not particularly to master. Once you started to get used to the game play style and get used to how to deal with most situations the games actually became pretty easy so long as you weren't putting restrictions on yourself and way of play. This is why most people view their first Soulsborne game as the hardest in the series when in reality it is basically just which one you had to learn first (I started on DS1 and found the others to be reasonably simple, I never really faced a challenge that I would consider incredibly hard to beat. Though I would probably say the closest I got to DS1 learning difficulty was some of the BB chalice dungeons). I assume Sekiro is going to be very much the same, a steep learning curve for the first few hours (to the first boss or so) and then a steady path through the rest of the game as you start just naturally getting noticeably better.

Edited by stargate1995
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I'll never understand those who hate people playing souls like games with a friend

I never said I hate people who play with a friend. I said I hate when people have other people play the game FOR THEM.. and then the person that can't do it alone goes and says ohhh that game is easy. It's not easy. Most people if not everyone has died 100's if not 1000's of times playing these games. It just seems like it's easy because you play it sooooo much and you learn the mechanics of the game and enemy placement through trial and error. But that doesn't mean its easy. If it was easy you could finish it without dying first time playing. That would be easy. A game like Flower or Jack N Jill Dx. Those are easy games. I can't see how someone can put Souls games in an "easy" category. 

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

What's the problem with inviting people into your game to help you out?

I never said I have a problem with that. I said I hate when people invite other people to play the game for them and then they say the game is easy. Meanwhile they can't do it alone. 

• Like 1

I think summoning for the odd boss you were struggling with in the Soulsborne games is totally fine as that's what the feature was intended to be used for, but I always found it odd how there are people out there who buy these games and let other players do all the work for them. They don't even try to better themselves... what's the point? These games never had what I'd call difficult platinums though, even playing solo. You just have to be good enough to beat the bosses and everything else is just grinding for materials and collecting items.

Maybe Sekiro's platinum will be rarer than the other Soulsborne games, but I don't think it'll be by much. The people who can't play these games solo and are only in it for the platinum will probably just avoid playing this one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I never said I hate people who play with a friend. I said I hate when people have other people play the game FOR THEM.. and then the person that can't do it alone goes and says ohhh that game is easy. It's not easy. Most people if not everyone has died 100's if not 1000's of times playing these games. It just seems like it's easy because you play it sooooo much and you learn the mechanics of the game and enemy placement through trial and error. But that doesn't mean its easy. If it was easy you could finish it without dying first time playing. That would be easy. A game like Flower or Jack N Jill Dx. Those are easy games. I can't see how someone can put Souls games in an "easy" category. 

I never said I have a problem with that. I said I hate when people invite other people to play the game for them and then they say the game is easy. Meanwhile they can't do it alone. 

The Dark souls games are easy, just because you don't beat the game in one life doesn't mean it isn't easy. Jack N Jill is a trophy whore game, it's in a completely different category. If you're dying 100's and 1000's of times you're doing something very wrong, those games should never kill you that many times, even for someone inexperienced. When I played the games as a 15 year old never did I once think this game is hard, all you have to do is watch enemy movement and learn when to attack. Basing a game on difficulty purely on how many times you die is a very poor way to judge difficulty. 

Edited by LucianaRosethorn
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Mmmm having a discussion on the difficulty of a video game where you can't actively choose a difficulty to play on is pretty mute imo. In games where there's just one singular difficulty to play on like Soulsborne, the difficulty is ultimately decided by a particular players skill set in said game. It is easy for you or me or others to say that the Soulsborne games aren't particularly difficult because we have the skillset or the mindset to learn from the trial and error parts of these games, and proceed to move through the games and beat them. Others players just don't have that particular skill or mind set, so Soulsborne will in fact be very difficult for them and they will die "100's or 1000's" of times throughout their playthroughs, it doesn't mean they are doing something wrong, they just don't have the same skillset as other players.

Edited by nazareth357
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

It's supposed to be a completely different style of play. The developers were saying if you run in and treat the game like dark souls.. you will die. A LOT!! No more invincibility dodge rolling. It's going to be a new play style. So players will have to adapt. You will basically have to UN LEARN everything you know from dark souls and bloodborne. But I love that. It keeps things fresh. Oh and I think a good majority of people don't actually shareplay to finish parts of games. I think that's more of a trophy hunter thing.That's why MOST of the time if you check the percentages of trophies world wide overall players compared to just trophy hunters or trophy sites like this one they are usually much lower. Most gamers overall are not trophy people. And most are not so dedicated to finish games. If a game is too hard they just move on to the next.  Most don't even care about trophies. We are a small community compared to the overall amount of people that play games. But anyway I'm getting sidetracked. I'm so excited for this game and to see what it brings! Praise the sun! lol

the trophy list looks straight but regarding the gameplay and bosses i hope the style is nice and challenging but not too annoying lol

i havent seen anything regarding the game btw :P

1 hour ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

The Dark souls games are easy, just because you don't beat the game in one life doesn't mean it isn't easy. Jack N Jill is a trophy whore game, it's in a completely different category. If you're dying 100's and 1000's of times you're doing something very wrong, those games should never kill you that many times, even for someone inexperienced. When I played the games as a 15 year old never did I once think this game is hard, all you have to do is watch enemy movement and learn when to attack. Basing a game on difficulty purely on how many times you die is a very poor way to judge difficulty. 

Oh ok so judging a game how many times you die is a poor way of rating difficulty? Ok then how would you rate a games difficulty? Dying in a game is a way to show you failed. 100's of times. Please tell me a game you think that is difficult that doesn't use death as a means to show you failed. And No the games are not easy. It only seems easy because you learn though trial and error. If something is easy you would be able to do it 1 or 2 tries. That's easy. Not something you have to play 100 times just so you can remember all enemy placements and whatnot. A good way to judge how easy something is to base it on the first time you try it. Someone that flies an airplane that's been doing it for 20 years can say it's easy.. Because they learned it and took time and got better. But they have learned and now they have the skills to do it. Doesn't mean it's easy. That's just an example. Not saying if flying a plane is easy or hard because I have never done that before. But I'm just saying someone who plays dark souls and says it's easy. Well it's only easy because of all the deaths and trial and error runs they had to go though to get to that point. 

2 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I'm so tired of people riding on the heels of other players. Or summoning people and having them do all the tough work and then they say the games are easy. Yeah it might be easy if you don't do anything or if you hide in the corner and constantly chug estus while your 2 other friends tackle a tough boss and earn you that platinum.

And this is for all the people that can't seem to read today. I never said I don't like co op.. Or I don't like friends to help each other. I said I don't like when people don't do anything in the game and have their friends do everything for them. AND THEN THEY SAY THE GAME IS EASY. 

Basically.... The point I wast trying to make is that Sekiro Is going to be regarded as a more difficult game than dark souls or bloodborne.. That's it!! That's the point I was making And MOST people won't say it's EASY. 

I don't have anything against co-op itself. I even killed the storm king only in coop myself(A shame. Never tried him solo, though). The only people I have something against are the rare type of people, who are standing all the game behind a shield, doing nothing and just watching his two summons do the game for them. Well, to each it's own, of course, but at some point some of these people go to the forums and start shouting about an easy game, that doesn't present a challenge that it is praised for.

At this point I am just like: "Excuse me, what the h...?"

Edited by Akrioz

I doubt this will change anything for rarity sake. Yes, you could use co-op to get past bosses easier in DS, but honestly did people really struggle? I always played with a friend for fun, although I played Demon Souls offline for the plats. There were a handful of actually challenging bosses and I'm sure it will be the same for this. Once you find a playstyle that works for you and understand the differences, this will be the same difficulty.

And as others have pointed out, shareplay is a thing.

Single Player only, will make it a bit rare.

But But fromsoftware has a big following so it wont be rare for long

After watching videos, it seems parry will be used a lot too.

Plus you can JUMP and Grapple hook, where previous souls game don't have that at all

Sekiro-2.gif

See the source image

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls

3 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

but honestly did people really struggle

There are people really struggling with Spider-man on normal, at this point I am inclined to believe that there is no bottom line for struggling with something. There is always someone better and someone worse.

We are on a trophyhunting site and the "average skill line" is obviously a lot higher than "average", i guess. But when I look at some of my acquaintances who struggle at playing on lowest difficulty in dmc5... It really makes you think.

Well, there is also that Journalist, that failed to complete cuphead's tutorial.

Anyway, I always believed that the percentage is high, because the main audience (who bought the game and have a psnprofiles page) are the veterans of the series. You kinda get the hang of it and every next installment becomes easier. Sekiro is the least souls game of them all and plays different, so it will be interesting how it will all turn out. But I doubt that a series veteran will be stopped from learning and enjoying this game.

4 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

There are people really struggling with Spider-man on normal, at this point I am inclined to believe that there is no bottom line for struggling with something. There is always someone better and someone worse.

We are on a trophyhunting site and the "average skill line" is obviously a lot higher than "average", i guess. But when I look at some of my acquaintances who struggle at playing on lowest difficulty in dmc5... It really makes you think.

Well, there is also that Journalist, that failed to complete cuphead's tutorial.

Anyway, I always believed that the percentage is high, because the main audience (who bought the game and have a psnprofiles page) are the veterans of the series. You kinda get the hang of it and every next installment becomes easier. Sekiro is the least souls game of them all and plays different, so it will be interesting how it will all turn out. But I doubt that a series veteran will be stopped from learning and enjoying this game.

That's a fair point. I mostly play with friends that are equally skilled and play these types of games regularly. Overall though, I really don't think the rarity will change drastically unless there is something particularly difficult about getting the endings.

I don't think this game will have any rarer plat. If it goes by like every other soulsborne game, then there will be at least one type of build, that will destroy the game (for Demon's Souls,DS,DS2 magic, for Bloodborne it was bloodtinge builds, hell even Nioh could be broken). 

• Like 1