Sekiro Get Gud??? Lower trophy completion rate?

Just now, SMDoS2 said:

For someone that stated that wouldn't lose sleep because of something like this you're still complaining. It's increadible.

A casual player who still wants a trophy has the right to get it even if they're in co-op or solo. For each their own tastes.

Sure, it's your opinion but the moment you publish it on the internet there will be backlash. This is a public community after all.

And I don't know, it doesn't seem to me that I'm the one not understanding what it's being said. This is a trophy hunting site and still there were people defending trophies unlocking with co-op. It has been said again and again. But in the end I'm the troll. Yeah, right.

I am not complaining, I am simply responding to your nonsense, which will soon end as well if you continue with these empty statements. I don't mind backlash at all to an opinion. It's when someone misrepresents that opinion like yourself and mocks the person in question while doing so that it becomes annoying.

Just now, IntroPhenom said:

OMG.  So people who play with their friends shouldn't get trophies for playing with their friends?  Give me a break.

Why is it exactly that playing with friends should reward you trophies? Is that a god given? Is that a logical thing? Why is it more logical than not unlocking trophies? It's very simple for me. If you have invited a friend, that can clear the boss for you, then you have not really earnt that trophy, your friend did. And that, in theory should not put you on the same level as someone who beat a boss fair and square solo. This is not an illogical stance to take, it's not a radical stance to take either.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, STARLOVE said:

I am not complaining, I am simply responding to your nonsense, which will soon end as well if you continue with these empty statements. I don't mind backlash at all to an opinion. It's when someone misrepresents that opinion like yourself and mocks the person in question while doing so that it becomes annoying.

Honestly if someone downplays your opinion simply as a complaint then counters all comments with "but you still complain". The person completely ignoring and de-valuing your opinion already has a gold medal in mental gymnastics and it's best to just let them stew on their own thinking they won a "argument".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Are you threatening me???

Will you report me?

I'm so scared. Thank goodness I didn't do anything wrong.

5 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Why is it exactly that playing with friends should reward you trophies? Is that a god given? Is that a logical thing? Why is it more logical than not unlocking trophies? It's very simple for me. If you have invited a friend, that can clear the boss for you, then you have not really earnt that trophy, your friend did. And that, in theory should not put you on the same level as someone who beat a boss fair and square solo. This is not an illogical stance to take, it's not a radical stance to take either.

Now who sounds like a troll?

Just now, SMDoS2 said:

Are you threatening me???

Will you report me?

I'm so scared. Thank goodness I didn't do anything wrong.

Now who sounds like a troll?

As someone has stated earlier in here about you, you are not worthy of any more responses. I have no idea where you get the idea that I am threatening you, but I guess it's true, you can't read or you won't. It's sad that there are people out there like you who just can't have a conversation without acting up. You can have the last word for all I care. Me and you are done.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

I am honestly, genuinely, trying to understand where you're coming from, for the record...but are you encouraging social seclusion?  Are you suggesting penalizing people for having friends?  What's the real problem, here?  Do you not have any friends to play with?  If that's true, I'm sorry to hear it.  

• Like 2

As someone has stated earlier in here about you, you are not worthy of any more responses. I have no idea where you get the idea that I am threatening you, but I guess it's true, you can't read or you won't. It's sad that there are people out there like you who just can't have a conversation without acting up. You can have the last word for all I care. Me and you are done.

Right back at ya, buddy~

9 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Honestly if someone downplays your opinion simply as a complaint then counters all comments with "but you still complain". The person completely ignoring and de-valuing your opinion already has a gold medal in mental gymnastics and it's best to just let them stew on their own thinking they won a "argument".

He also ignored and de-valued my opinion sooo guess we're even. He even called me a troll for flupps sake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I am honestly, genuinely, trying to understand where you're coming from, for the record...but are you encouraging social seclusion?  Are you suggesting penalizing people for having friends?  What's the real problem, here?  Do you not have any friends to play with?  If that's true, I'm sorry to hear it.  

Are you being serious? Am I really going to have to explain myself for the third time to you? What part do you not understand? I will put it in full for you again.

Co-op can and should exist, it should be encouraged, I don't mind co op in itself. No, people should not be penalized for having friends, no we are not encouraging social seclusion.

All I am saying is that only trophies should unlock when done solo. This does not deter players from doing co op, this does not penalize people for having friends. This does not encourage social seclusion. The logic as stated for an equal playing field is that players who get trophies in games like Dark Souls co op aren't really earning those trophies themselves. They should not be put on the same field as people who did it solo.

This means that:

- Players can still co op

- They can still praise the sun together

- They can still kill bosses together

- The playing field for trophies is equal

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SMDoS2 said:

Right back at ya, buddy~

He also ignored and de-valued my opinion sooo guess we're even. He even called me a troll for flupps sake.

You have actually been pretty toxic the whole time. But if that is how you wish to see it then so be it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Watch out or he'll call you a troll as well.

Or that you can't read, or worse.

2 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Are you being serious? Am I really going to have to explain myself for the third time to you? What part do you not understand? I will put it in full for you again.

Co-op can and should exist, it should be encouraged, I don't mind co op in itself. No, people should not be penalized for having friends, no we are not encouraging social seclusion.

All I am saying is that only trophies should unlock when done solo. This does not deter players from doing co op, this does not penalize people for having friends. This does not encourage social seclusion. The logic as stated for an equal playing field is that players who get trophies in games like Dark Souls co op aren't really earning those trophies themselves. They should not be put on the same field as people who did it solo.

This means that:

- Players can still co op

- They can still praise the sun together

- They can still kill bosses together

- The playing field for trophies is equal

Actually i'm kinda confused here. You say you don't want to penalize people but then follow that up with making trophies only unlock solo? That is a form of penalization.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Actually i'm kinda confused here. You say you don't want to penalize people but then follow that up with making trophies only unlock solo? That is a form of penalization.....

That's what I've been trying to say...

And he even got mad when I called him a Trophy Elitist TM lmao

Edited by SMDoS2
  • Like 1

Just now, SMDoS2 said:

That's what I've been trying to say...

And he got mad when I called him a Trophy Elitist TM

Not even remotely close to being a "trophy elitist" but you really shouldn't jump to labeling people. Your first reaction to their comment was to label and get offensive. Just try to actually debate or ask why they feel that way about the subject.

• Like 1

Just now, EmoKitten4 said:

Well, let us call it a slight form of penalization then. I don't see it that way though. I feel like penalization should be a negative consequence. I don't feel that only being able to unlock a trophy solo is a negative consequence of playing co op, really. But I can see what you mean and I accept it if people want to see it as a slight form of penalization.

• Like 1

Just now, STARLOVE said:

Well, let us call it a slight form of penalization then. I don't see it that way though. I feel like penalization should be a negative consequence. I don't feel that only being able to unlock a trophy solo is a negative consequence of playing co op, really. But I can see what you mean and I accept it if people want to see it as a slight form of penalization.

5 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

I think we're finally on the same page!  Not allowing co-op folks to have a trophy during co-op is definitely a penalization.  No question about it.  

• Like 2

Just now, STARLOVE said:

I see where you are coming from. Soulsborne is at it's best while playing solo and will give you the greatest learning experience. But it was also built with coop in mind as well. Granted if you coop the entire game to platinum that does kinda make it the "easy way" but does not make it wrong either.

I didn't plat any of the soulsborne games yet but i did stop at Dark souls 2 SoTFS simply because getting all spells and everything else was a major pain when you need to do PVP or really bad grinds to get a single spell. By that point i did absolutely everything else and had my fill. But i did do it entirely solo and it was a lot of fun. But like i said before there is nothing wrong with those who want to play it coop. The main issue is that people see that Sekiro lacking coop will make the game worse in some form.

1 minute ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Not even remotely close to being a "trophy elitist" but you really shouldn't jump to labeling people. Your first reaction to their comment was to label and get offensive. Just try to actually debate or ask why they feel that way about the subject.

....when I got offensive?

and I'm interac ting with this post because I read his stand on the subject. As he also read mine, and we're still disagreeing. That's what having a conversation is like. Not my fault if he's behaving like a spoiled brat :/

4 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

I see where you are coming from. Soulsborne is at it's best while playing solo and will give you the greatest learning experience. But it was also built with coop in mind as well. Granted if you coop the entire game to platinum that does kinda make it the "easy way" but does not make it wrong either.

I didn't plat any of the soulsborne games yet but i did stop at Dark souls 2 SoTFS simply because getting all spells and everything else was a major pain when you need to do PVP or really bad grinds to get a single spell. By that point i did absolutely everything else and had my fill. But i did do it entirely solo and it was a lot of fun. But like i said before there is nothing wrong with those who want to play it coop. The main issue is that people see that Sekiro lacking coop will make the game worse in some form.

(Y)

5 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I think we're finally on the same page!  Not allowing co-op folks to have a trophy during co-op is definitely a penalization.  No question about it.  

It's still a stretch to me to say it's punishment for people that are playing co op considering the trophy is never not accessible to the player. But even if we grant that it's punishment, I do wonder if it's such a bad thing. If we are to achieve a more level playing field, then perhaps it is necessary. In football you aren't going to allow 13 players v 11 players, you will not grant them the win for obvious reasons. I think this is very much the same in the sense that in order to create an equal playing field there is a consequence to playing co op and that is that you should not earn the trophy. Which brings us back to the why again and you may argue with this point.

People who play co op and clear bosses co op have not put in the same amount as people doing it solo and therefore should not be put on that same field of play. It does not disable the player from playing co op and nothing is stopping that player to get the trophy solo. As a matter of fact, co op can still be very useful in this aspect to watch other players and learn before attempting it solo.

Edited by STARLOVE

1 minute ago, STARLOVE said:

(Y)

It's still a stretch to me to say it's punishment for people that are playing co op considering the trophy is never not accessible to the player. But even if we grant that it's punishment, I do wonder if it's such a bad thing. If we are to achieve a more level playing field, then perhaps it is necessary. In football you aren't going to allow 13 players v 11 players, you will not grant them the win for obvious reasons. I think this is very much the same in the sense that in order to create a playing field there is a consequence to playing co op and that is that you should not earn the trophy. Which brings us back to the why again and you may argue with this point.

People who play co op and clear bosses co op have not put in the same amount as people doing it solo and therefore should not be put on that same field of play. It does not disable the player from playing co op and nothing is stopping that player to get the trophy solo. As a matter of fact, co op can still be very useful in this aspect to watch other players and learn before attempting it solo.

I understand your position.  I would define trophies differently, however, as indications of an accomplished task, not the associated difficulty.  If co-op is built into a game, then playing co-op doesn't change the task.  The difficulty behind accomplishing the task might change, but per my definition, it's the task that pops the trophy, not the difficulty behind it.  

1 minute ago, iGGTheEnd said:

This has to be the most cancerous thread ive seen on psnp fucking lol.

Makes for an interesting afternoon.  ?

• Like 1

Just now, IntroPhenom said:

I understand your position.  I would define trophies differently, however, as indications of an accomplished task, not the associated difficulty.  If co-op is built into a game, then playing co-op doesn't change the task.  The difficulty behind accomplishing the task might change, but per my definition, it's the task that pops the trophy, not the difficulty behind it.  

What you say is true, but to me the way you achieve a trophy is more important. I'm going to leave it at that as it clearly is a difference of opinion, none of which are wrong per sé. Thanks for dealing with this in proper fashion unlike some others and than some dude who's like ThiS TheAd iS CanCeR LuL. Have a good evening!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

(Y)

It's still a stretch to me to say it's punishment for people that are playing co op considering the trophy is never not accessible to the player. But even if we grant that it's punishment, I do wonder if it's such a bad thing. If we are to achieve a more level playing field, then perhaps it is necessary. In football you aren't going to allow 13 players v 11 players, you will not grant them the win for obvious reasons. I think this is very much the same in the sense that in order to create an equal playing field there is a consequence to playing co op and that is that you should not earn the trophy. Which brings us back to the why again and you may argue with this point.

Actually if you make all of your substitutions and one of your players get the red card you will get less players in the field. And they can still win. That's how life is.

If you're good you're good with or without help. That's why sometimes the AI makes the game harder in co-op.

What you say is true, but to me the way you achieve a trophy is more important. I'm going to leave it at that as it clearly is a difference of opinion, none of which are wrong per sé. Thanks for dealing with this in proper fashion unlike some others and than some dude who's like ThiS TheAd iS CanCeR LuL. Have a good evening!

You as well.  If you ever find yourself playing a game that has co-op and want to give it a whirl, and I happen to be playing the same game, give me a shout.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

Now don't get me wrong, people can play the way they want and get their trophies how they want, I don't care at all. But when I see that kind of thing I just think "what a waste".

I get this point and agree with it to an extent. I personally "bought" trophies on Nier Automata, but let me tell you this. I did both of the endings and the true ending plus a couple of the side endings (on accident). I also had like 78% of the archives and did 90% (not just the 80%)  of the side missions and felt like I got the true experience and was able to walk away from the game at my own terms.

I would have enjoyed the game LESS if I would have grinded out getting all of the weapons and upgrading them and did all of the"alternative" endings. I don't particularly like the idea of the trophy store, but it saved me hours of grinding that would have eventually soured my fondness of the game.

I will say though, if you bought the true ending. Shame on you. I felt empty and upset until I saw that ending. That's why I agree and disagree with cheesing these trophies.

OT: I still have Bloodborne in the backlog and it's coming up. I'll use co-op, but I won't hide in a corner. I don't see how anyone could call that "playing" or "experiencing" a game. If you don't like hard games, go play something else. Sounds like FS games aren't for you. I get the OP's point. He's just saying that he's glad that people will get the full experience of this game and hopefully be reflected in the rarity of the plat. Nothing terribly wrong with that.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Some of you guys are so strange. Who cares about hardcore skills and trophies? the only one who cares about your trophy collection is you... remember the time when we play games for fun...

also i think its okay if someone can get trophys even in coop.... or with help. i think every single car racing related trophy in my collection wasnt unlocked from myself, because i suck at virtual driving :-D

• Like 2