SuchRemorse

Sekiro Get Gud??? Lower trophy completion rate?

175 posts in this topic

I never understood how on earth the Souls-borne games got this 'hard' reputation. They're really not all that difficult at all, they don't hold your hand sure, but they're not like some of the crazy hack and slash games or SHMUPs out there, or retro NES stuff.

 

They're mechanically rather easy, Bloodborne is a bit faster pace but it's mostly about strategy over mechanical skill on the gamepad. Managing your stamina, observing enemy patterns, waiting for your opportunity, building your character appropriately etc.

 

It's just crazy how obsessive people are with treating Souls-borne like it's THE hard game, everything from Cuphead and even flipping Crash Bandicoot when people had difficulty with them labelled them the 'Dark Souls' of their respective genre... Seriously, it's just a joke by this point.

 

Souls-borne games are some great quality and fun, less hand holdy ActionRPGs, nothing more than that. Ditch this reputation already.

 

Completion % will be about the same, assuming the games good. The reason DS/BB are common isn't because of coop or cheesing, it's because they're good games and the audience who play them want to finish them, especially with the false reputation, people want those 'look at me I'm a hardcore gamer' points.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I never understood how on earth the Souls-borne games got this 'hard' reputation. 

 

I'd guess the reputation started with the "Prepare to die" tagline Dark Souls adopted or the general opinion the series is Nintendo hard. 

 

Quote

They're mechanically rather easy

 

On paper and to those used to them, sure. In practice  the punishment dished out by enemies for getting the mechanics wrong can be daunting and even off-putting.  

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I never understood how on earth the Souls-borne games got this 'hard' reputation. They're really not all that difficult at all, they don't hold your hand sure, but they're not like some of the crazy hack and slash games or SHMUPs out there, or retro NES stuff.

That is because for most people, Souls games were the first to actually challenge them. Many players were not around when games had to be hard by design, back in the days when the possible size and length of a game was severely limited so it being hard was the only thing stopping you from finishing it in less than an hour or two. My first hard games were Mega Man games, were they the hardest shit I ever played? No, but I was very young and they were some of the first game I played, and certainly were way more unforgiving than the easy going Nintendo games I was also playing. You just remember the first game that kicked your ass over and over as a kid. The souls games got popular in a time when challenging games were really rare, that is why the hype around them blew up so much. We have more challenging games again currently, so it is no longer that unique of a experience.

 

I never played a souls game on my console or pc so far but whenever I played at a friends house, I thought it controlled like crap but was probably managable once you got used to it. It is certainly hard for casuals though because your mistakes actually get punished. I will learn it this year, planning to play Nioh and Blodborne at some point during this or next year, but I do not expect to be challenged all that much with the trophies being so common.

 

Edit: Also, my respect for Starlove. Putting up with two people who appear to be downright simple and entirely incapable of reading even on a basic level for so long is commendable, I know I would not have the patience for it.

Edited by Nighcisama
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never understand why the souls/borne fans act like gods in gaming with the GET GUD  idealism, Everything can be done with persistence. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The less like dark souls the better imo. I got bored of dark souls by the time i played the 3rd one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

 

This is probably the most ignorant post I've seen on this site. Seriously. Encouraging social seclusion? Penalizing people for having friends? Is it really that hard to get the idea of what the person meant or you just want to be toxic? I guess the letter because it's really not that hard to understand that getting Platinum in coop vs. getting it solo is hardly the same achievement, hence the same playing field. That's all there is to it.

 

And please don't bother throwing that "trophy elitist" bullshit at me. The only thing I'm "bothered" with is how you purposely derailed the discussion by insulting the person, not your trophies or how you got them.

 

Dude, this thread is so yesterday.  We've all moved on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, mastiingwerf said:

The less like dark souls the better imo. I got bored of dark souls by the time i played the 3rd one.

Yeah well that's why they didn't want to kill the franchise with Dark souls 4. They ended it at the perfect time! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it matter how players get their plats? As long as they aren't cheating it shouldn't affect the way you live your life.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhhh guess I was right... People are already complaining how hard it is and they can't get past areas... Where is your help now? Oh well.. Guess you gotta do it on your own! Or put down the controller and go back to playing call of duty LOL

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuchRemorse said:

Ahhhhh guess I was right... People are already complaining how hard it is and they can't get past areas... Where is your help now? Oh well.. Guess you gotta do it on your own! Or put down the controller and go back to playing call of duty LOL

 

 

Stop contradicting yourself. You start a thread about people complaining the games too hard and they must get good but you yourself complain about games been too hard if you struggle. Example of you post in Inksplosion complaining you won't finish it because you struggled  "Some games are harder for people than others. Some games are easier for people than others. Me personally. I didn't think this game was too difficult. But.... I can't finish Alteric! And other people tell me that's easy. But for me it's 10/10. I won't play that game anymore! Maybe one day.. But I gave up on it.." 

 

So it's ok you too complain but not others. Oh please

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 7:33 AM, Hakoom said:

it all depends if it matches the same style as the souls games...

and also dont forget ppl shareplay if they cant finish it xD

Shareplay and buy plats 🙄 Pretty certain I have a friend that bought a Demon's Souls plat. So pathetic. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

 

 

Stop contradicting yourself. You start a thread about people complaining the games too hard and they must get good but you yourself complain about games been too hard if you struggle. Example of you post in Inksplosion complaining you won't finish it because you struggled  "Some games are harder for people than others. Some games are easier for people than others. Me personally. I didn't think this game was too difficult. But.... I can't finish Alteric! And other people tell me that's easy. But for me it's 10/10. I won't play that game anymore! Maybe one day.. But I gave up on it.." 

 

So it's ok you too complain but not others. Oh please

Wow.. What a surprise.. Someone else who can't read. I never complained about the difficulty in the souls games! I said I don't like when people summon their friends or other random players that do ALL THE WORK FOR THEM! And then they say the games are easy meanwhile they can't beat most bosses solo. That would be like you going to fight Mike Tyson solo... Realizing you can't beat him... You call 3 of your friends to fight him.. Then just stand there and watch. Then when they beat him. You say... Oh he's easy! Get it together! Learn to read and understand what people are saying. 

Edited by SuchRemorse
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

.... I can't finish Alteric! And other people tell me that's easy. But for me it's 10/10. I won't play that game anymore! Maybe one day.. But I gave up on it.." 

Haha I thought I was the only one. 

 

Give me a Souls game over bloody Alteric any day.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

 

First of all, get over yourself and second, stop insulting others. You're making yourself look like an idiot.

I'm not insulting anyone but when people are coming at me saying things that I CLEARLY didn't not say... It just makes them look stupid. Please show me where I said I don't like Co op? Or where I said I don't like that the game is too hard? That's what other people keep saying I said. Never said it.. So I guess they can't read. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Ahhhhh guess I was right... People are already complaining how hard it is and they can't get past areas... Where is your help now? Oh well.. Guess you gotta do it on your own! Or put down the controller and go back to playing call of duty LOL

Yes you are correct I said it was hard, but if you look back one of my earlier posts I also said that I never used co-op in the other games I've played, so you're rhetoric about doing it on your own is irrelevant. Most people present in this thread don't fit into your scrub profiling, and you apparently haven't seemed to notice yet. Btw everyone can read, so maybe think of another smart burn to use on everyone

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bairuto said:

Yes you are correct I said it was hard, but if you look back one of my earlier posts I also said that I never used co-op in the other games I've played, so you're rhetoric about doing it on your own is irrelevant. Most people present in this thread don't fit into your scrub profiling, and you apparently haven't seemed to notice yet. Btw everyone can read, so maybe think of another smart burn to use on everyone 

Did I ever mention you!? 🤔

4 hours ago, reiner- said:

Haha I thought I was the only one. 

 

Give me a Souls game over bloody Alteric any day.

Me too! lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2019 at 11:22 PM, Nighcisama said:

Edit: Also, my respect for Starlove. Putting up with two people who appear to be downright simple and entirely incapable of reading even on a basic level for so long is commendable, I know I would not have the patience for it.

Hahaha 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, mastiingwerf said:

The less like dark souls the better imo. I got bored of dark souls by the time i played the 3rd one.

That's pretty much why they didn't make a 4th one... It would have killed the series! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine being this shook over people playing games as they are presented. The souls games have extremely high completion rates for their reputation. You can make all the excuses in the world for why that is the case, but it just makes you seem petty and defensive.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

That's pretty much why they didn't make a 4th one... It would have killed the series! 

Agreed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, Tyfighter80 said:

Imagine being this shook over people playing games as they are presented. The souls games have extremely high completion rates for their reputation. You can make all the excuses in the world for why that is the case, but it just makes you seem petty and defensive.

They have a high completion rate because people play together. I know someone that totally sucks at these games.. They don't play these types of games at all. They are into sports or simulation games. This person can't even get through blight town by themself. He was stuck because he is not good at this type of game. Yet he still has the platinum for the game. Because he summons other people and they basically played the game for him. I guarantee Sekiro will have the lowest platinum rate out of all souls games for this reason. And my stating my opinion is not petty or defensive. It's just my opinion. Your comments are the ones that seem petty. And I don't seem out my opinion can seem defensive. It's just an opinion.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never understand why people care what other people say about a game. Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy? Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy if they choose to cheese the boss? Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy if someone summons two friends doing everything? NO, my game just doesn't change and my accomplishment stays the same. It matters what I think of my own. If you have some issues with your confidence and you have to go out and tell everybody what a great gamer you are, do so, but please stfu with your "opinion" on other peoples style to play.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

I'll never understand why people care what other people say about a game. Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy? Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy if they choose to cheese the boss? Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy if someone summons two friends doing everything? NO, my game just doesn't change and my accomplishment stays the same. It matters what I think of my own. If you have some issues with your confidence and you have to go out and tell everybody what a great gamer you are, do so, but please stfu with your "opinion" on other peoples style to play.

When did I say I was such a great gamer? I really can't believe how ignorant people actually are in this fourm... All I said was I don't like when people don't play the game for themselves and then they go around telling other people how easy the game is.... Meanwhile they had a friend do it for them. That's all I said. And you can STFU with your "opinion" if you don't like it leave! Go start your Own fourm. If it bothers you that much why are you here? Goodbye! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.