Sekiro Get Gud??? Lower trophy completion rate?

13 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

When did I say I was such a great gamer? I really can't believe how ignorant people actually are in this fourm... All I said was I don't like when people don't play the game for themselves and then they go around telling other people how easy the game is.... Meanwhile they had a friend do it for them. That's all I said. And you can STFU with your "opinion" if you don't like it leave! Go start your Own fourm. If it bothers you that much why are you here? Goodbye! 

I'm pretty sure, that people with your opinion are in the minority. Therefore, no reason for me to change the forum. For your own sake, just enjoy the game(s) and ignore the people saying it's easy while they just use summoning or cheesing. As I said before, the game doesn't get any worse or better by less people completing it. Personally I wouldn't mind if there still were options to get help as I never used them on the first playthrough either way. But some people might get stuck at one boss and won't be able to see the rest of the game. I don't get any incentive on them quitting after 50% of the game, but they might be sad to not being able to see the ending.

Edited by Silencer0004

On 3/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I never understood how on earth the Souls-borne games got this 'hard' reputation.

Because the games around it were so damn easy. Shoot'em ups have always had a niche following, as have retro NES titles (to answer a couple of examples you made).

4 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

Is Dark Souls a worse game if someone says it's easy if someone summons two friends doing everything?

Of course not. But it doesn't make such a poster any more tolerable.

4 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

I'll never understand why people care what other people say about a game.

I think a lot of people care what other people say about a game. After all, every game has its own forum, and that's in addition to general forums about the PS4, PS3, PSVita, PSN, etc. These fora would get very boring if the only discussion was the technical detail of the games. 

19 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

And you can STFU with your "opinion" if you don't like it leave! Go start your Own fourm. If it bothers you that much why are you here? Goodbye! 

Unnecessary. It would be nice for a single thread about trophy difficulty not to devolve into feces slinging.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

I get the point the OP made. The question has been raised a number of times with the Souls series of "Why is the rarity so high on these games", the response is either "because it's a niche market" or "The game is not really that hard".

I guess this game falls into exactly the same category, so if those really are the reasons we'll see whether the platinum rarity just like the souls games remain above 10%.

Just now, FawltyPowers said:

I get the point the OP made. The question has been raised a number of times with the Souls series of "Why is the rarity so high on these games", the response is either "because it's a niche market" or "The game is not really that hard".

I guess this game falls into exactly the same category, so if those really are the reasons we'll see whether the platinum rarity just like the souls games remain above 10%.

You are leaving out the third response, which is, "You can summon your friends to do all the work." :D

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Because the games around it were so damn easy. Shoot'em ups have always had a niche following, as have retro NES titles (to answer a couple of examples you made).

That's true, first of the 3 Dark Souls was what, late 2011? Around that time the main kind of games were of course the Call of Duty games and various other very handholding easy games. I guess in contrast to the games of the time it could have been a shocker to have been hit with a game that doesn't babysit you throughout, especially for the mainstream. I guess that goes to show just how dumbed down those years were for AAA gaming lol.

6 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

That's true, first of the 3 Dark Souls was what, late 2011? Around that time the main kind of games were of course the Call of Duty games and various other very handholding easy games. I guess in contrast to the games of the time it could have been a shocker to have been hit with a game that doesn't babysit you throughout, especially for the mainstream. I guess that goes to show just how dumbed down those years were for AAA gaming lol.

Not exactly. It's got the hard reputation because of all the big damage the enemies do right off the bat without needing to go to hard mode, punishing casual playstyles. If you a bunch of other games on super hard modes you die in a few hits too. But the game's got also a lot of youtube clickbait videos of dying over and over and raging and stuff. That got popular fast, plus word of mouth and so on. The fans try to tell you oh it's not about the difficulty, it's about the lore and atmosphere and a bunch of other nonsensical things why these games are popular, but vast majority of the time the hardness is always the first thing people mention. "You play dark souls? Oh I heard about that game, it's like super hard no?"  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

What we have to understand is that back then the gaming audience was significantly less at that time. 

Shmups always had a niche following, largely because they are highly skill dependent. Retro NES games like Ghosts n’ Goblins and Ninja Gaiden were extremely brutal. 

People like James Rolfe, The Angry Video Game Nerd and Mike Matei were the primary audience. Many grownups saw video games to be simply toys for kids and teenagers. 

Now there is a lot more choice, and games like Marvel’s Spider-Man attract a huge, diverse audience. 

Realistically speaking, we can’t really consider the Soulsborne games to have a cult following anymore. It was probably that way back when we just had Demon’s Souls some 10 years ago, but since then the Soulsborne games have proven to be some of the most popular games out there. 

Last but not least, I don’t consider any of the Souls games to be that hard. At least not hardcore anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Happy said:

The platinum rarity not only being as high as all previous Souls games but OP also having only beaten two bosses at the time of writing this is the funniest thing to come out of this website in a hot minute.

Actually I don't have the plat as well but this is more due to time issues as I just need the Shura ending, the grind and the prosthetics. Hopefully I'll finish the game this weekend as it's just a matter of time and not skill once you've beaten the game.

But just having beaten two bosses...man...git gud.

Edited by Silencer0004

2 hours ago, Happy said:

The platinum rarity not only being as high as all previous Souls games but OP also having only beaten two bosses at the time of writing this is the funniest thing to come out of this website in a hot minute.

Ya this post aged poorly haha.

• Like 1

On 20.3.2019 at 11:24 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I never understood how on earth the Souls-borne games got this 'hard' reputation. They're really not all that difficult at all, they don't hold your hand sure, but they're not like some of the crazy hack and slash games or SHMUPs out there, or retro NES stuff.

They're mechanically rather easy, Bloodborne is a bit faster pace but it's mostly about strategy over mechanical skill on the gamepad. Managing your stamina, observing enemy patterns, waiting for your opportunity, building your character appropriately etc.

It's just crazy how obsessive people are with treating Souls-borne like it's THE hard game, everything from Cuphead and even flipping Crash Bandicoot when people had difficulty with them labelled them the 'Dark Souls' of their respective genre... Seriously, it's just a joke by this point.

Souls-borne games are some great quality and fun, less hand holdy ActionRPGs, nothing more than that. Ditch this reputation already.

Completion % will be about the same, assuming the games good. The reason DS/BB are common isn't because of coop or cheesing, it's because they're good games and the audience who play them want to finish them, especially with the false reputation, people want those 'look at me I'm a hardcore gamer' points.

Yeah these games are really nothing to brag about beating or heck getting the Platinum Trophy. Honestly there are way harder Hack N Slash games out there being overlooked or Ignored by the Souls-borne players.

I am willing to bet OP himself hasn't tried Ninja Gaiden. If these Souls-borne players are so obsessed about super hardcore difficult games, why not try Ninja Gaiden? a game designed to be hard as hell and punishing.

I can't stand when these guys belittle others because of the way they play, even tho these games are not that hard like people make them out to be. I mean for crying out loud DSP one of the worst gamers out there beat these games.

• Like 4

Tbh, if the possibility of the cloud/USB save not exists, I will not be able to adquire the platinum trophy. I'm farming xp for a week in NG+ because I can't defeat the final boss again. In NG I suffer a lot with that badass. Using all the life items available, including jizo for reviving 4/5 times. The first two phases are easy, but the final two are far beyond my skills.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:07 AM, SuchRemorse said:

Finally! A single player From software game! This will sort the real players from the fakes! If this game has a difficulty level to match Bloodborne and the Souls games we can finally see who the REAL good people are! And who needs to "GET GUD" I'm so tired of people riding on the heels of other players. Or summoning people and having them do all the tough work and then they say the games are easy. Yeah it might be easy if you don't do anything or if you hide in the corner and constantly chug estus while your 2 other friends tackle a tough boss and earn you that platinum. Or the ultimate loser move. When you invade a game and 3 people are just waiting for you. Gank squad style and they surround you before you can even move and they all start attacking not even letting you breath and then put up the "what's up" gesture when you die. YOU would not beat anyone in a one on one fight. You need your friends to feel good and think you are good. I have seen so many times when I invade and fight 2 or 3 people at once and the host is acting tough in the background but then when you kill his summons he runs away! I'm sure you have all encountered this as well. Lets see how well you do on your own! This is a single player ONLY game. You have to do it all on your own. I have a feeling this game will have a much MUCH lower completion rate than the other games. Only time will tell. Thoughts???

And this is for all the people that can't seem to read today. I never said I don't like co op.. Or I don't like friends to help each other. I said I don't like when people don't do anything in the game and have their friends do everything for them. AND THEN THEY SAY THE GAME IS EASY but they can't seem to finish it on their own.

Basically.... The point I wast trying to make is that Sekiro Is going to be regarded as a more difficult game than dark souls or bloodborne.. That's it!! That's the point I was making And MOST people won't say it's EASY. 

I find it really amusing that you've got as many trophies in this game as I do, which is hardly any, with a thread like this, and I've never played a FromSoftware game before... ??

Everyone has to start somewhere. I really only picked this game up because of all of the crying from games media over an easy mode. That seemed ridiculous to me, and that's just been even more my opinion when I found out how enjoyable this game is to learn. How exhilarating it is when the game starts to click. I also like that you can chip away at this game. Put it down for a bit and come back fresh. I'm sure there are many, many setbacks to come.

• Like 1

The 16% platinum rarity actually motivated me to come back to this game after rage quiting multiple times because I thought it was actually high for a game like this.

I probably got gud somehow..

Managed to slap Sword Saint Isshin Ashina finally yesterday and got to the bad ending in less then 5 hours on ng+ the same day

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, DoctorSyntax said:

I find it really amusing that you've got as many trophies in this game as I do, which is hardly any, with a thread like this, and I've never played a FromSoftware game before... 1f609.png1f61d.png

Everyone has to start somewhere. I really only picked this game up because of all of the crying from games media over an easy mode. That seemed ridiculous to me, and that's just been even more my opinion when I found out how enjoyable this game is to learn. How exhilarating it is when the game starts to click. I also like that you can chip away at this game. Put it down for a bit and come back fresh. I'm sure there are many, many setbacks to come.

What do you find amusing? I never once said in any of my posts that I was amazing at these games... I said I don't like when people say they are easy. And I myself never said it was easy. 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:51 PM, Spider-Beyond said:

Yeah these games are really nothing to brag about beating or heck getting the Platinum Trophy. Honestly there are way harder Hack N Slash games out there being overlooked or Ignored by the Souls-borne players.

I am willing to bet OP himself hasn't tried Ninja Gaiden. If these Souls-borne players are so obsessed about super hardcore difficult games, why not try Ninja Gaiden? a game designed to be hard as hell and punishing.

I can't stand when these guys belittle others because of the way they play, even tho these games are not that hard like people make them out to be. I mean for crying out loud DSP one of the worst gamers out there beat these games.

DSP is not a good example. On Dark Souls he only got up to Blighttown and then got carrid by 2 people the rest of the game.

Then for Bloodborne he grinded and was overleveled for more than half of the game. Later for the "redepmtion" playthrough he ragequit on Ludwig I think? I don't remember what happened with that one.

But I agree with the Hack n' slash games. Without going too far, Devil May Cry 5 is harder to platinum than Bloodborne or Dark Souls. Ninja Gaiden is definitely harder.

• Like 2