Maahniac

So to sum up: Is it possible to get 100% in FFXV still or not?

23 posts in this topic

Is it true, that due to the closing of servers or something, it's not possible to 100% Final Fantasy XV? I would love some sort of summary, so I know exactly what's happened here, because if It's true, that sucks.

Posted (edited)

Because of the release of the stand alone version of comrades with a seperate trophy list you can NOT 100% ff xv anymore without downgrading to a previous version of the game because the comrades dlc was patched out...

Edited by Milkyray

2 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Is it true, that due to the closing of servers or something, it's not possible to 100% Final Fantasy XV? I would love some sort of summary, so I know exactly what's happened here, because if It's true, that sucks.

They made the Comrades multiplayer a standalone DLC with it's own trophy list, and from what I understand, it's no longer accessible from FFXV itself, meaning the Comrades DLC trophies on FFXV's list are no longer obtainable through normal means. The reason I say "through normal means" is because there's a workaround you can do to install a specific patch and get them that way. You can read more about the method here:

What happened was they patched out Comrades DLC and delisted it from the store.

It is however possible to obtain the Comrades trophies by reverting to a previous patch and doing them all offline by yourself. What you need is:

1) Access to the DLC itself, which requires an account that has the DLC previously purchased as it has been delisted. You can also get the DLC by using the code in the physical version of the royale edition.

2) Knowing how to install previous updates of games by using a PC as a kind of DIY update server, fooling your PS4 into thinking whatever update your'e giving it is the most recent one.

Excuse me, but what's the situation for people like me who haven't purchased/started the game yet? Are we safe? Can we get 100% trophy completion?

Thanks a lot guys! Man, that sucks. At least it IS kind of possible. I don't understand what Square Enix are thinking though. The decent thing to do, would be to remove the Comrades trophy list from the game, since it isn't even available.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Excuse me, but what's the situation for people like me who haven't purchased/started the game yet? Are we safe? Can we get 100% trophy completion?

I'd like to know this as well, but either way I'd recommend just getting FF XV Pocket Edition. It feels more like classic Final Fantasy anyway.

Edited by B1rvine

You can still get the 100% provided you go to the provided link above and do not mind using the downgrade workaround. @B1rvine @Lance_87. Read the posts... lol. 

I would not suggest it personally, because I feel like comrades would be a total slog to do solo and completely not worth it. The RNG for getting Kenny to show up with 3 AIs would not be fun either.

20 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

The post above you describes it flawlessly:

41 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

What happened was they patched out Comrades DLC and delisted it from the store.

It is however possible to obtain the Comrades trophies by reverting to a previous patch and doing them all offline by yourself. What you need is:

1) Access to the DLC itself, which requires an account that has the DLC previously purchased as it has been delisted. You can also get the DLC by using the code in the physical version of the royale edition.

2) Knowing how to install previous updates of games by using a PC as a kind of DIY update server, fooling your PS4 into thinking whatever update your'e giving it is the most recent one.

and yes you can get 100% but:

7 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

You can still get the 100% provided you go to the provided link above and do not mind using the downgrade workaround. @B1rvine @Lance_87. Read the posts... I would not suggest it personally, because I feel like comrades would be a total slog to do solo and completely not worth it. The RNG for getting Kenny to show up with 3 AIs would not be fun either.

Posted (edited)

Wait, so the game still generates the old Comrades trophy list even if you haven't played the game before and it's fully patched? Jesus Christ.

Edited by Lance_87

I'm sure Square had a valid business reason to pull Comrades from the main game and make it a standalone. Having a Live Service DLC that's tied to an old game that everybody has already completed and deleted from their consoles doesn't make sense in the first place.

It does suck for players though, no doubt. I believe there's also a chance to get the DLC via a physical Royal Edition of the game - but as people suggested earlier, it would be best to take some time and go through previous topics.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:19 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

You can still get the 100% provided you go to the provided link above and do not mind using the downgrade workaround. @B1rvine @Lance_87. Read the posts... lol. 

I would not suggest it personally, because I feel like comrades would be a total slog to do solo and completely not worth it. The RNG for getting Kenny to show up with 3 AIs would not be fun either.

It appears that they've now patched it so you can get 100%.  The patch was released today so hopefully some people can confirm later today.

I jist started multiplayer today.

7 minutes ago, big_bob002 said:

It appears that they've now patched it so you can get 100%.  The patch was released today so hopefully some people can confirm later today.

I jist started multiplayer today.

What you are saying is that the new patch lets you play Comrades in the main game without using the downgrade method and without generating a new trophy list?

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Ravers said:

What you are saying is that the new patch lets you play Comrades in the main game without using the downgrade method and without generating a new trophy list?

I'm not 100% sure yet.  I just started mp and all the old trophies take a long time.

I created that topic.  The patch notes say "Updated saves will now work on former versions of the game".

if that does NOT mean 100% unlockable Square has some f****d up patch notes.  Lol.

Edited by big_bob002

Oh I see. I've been playing with an older patch just to manage the 100%, but I have been struggling with AI so much. It would be nice to play with some people again. Let's see if someone can confirm this.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Ravers said:

Oh I see. I've been playing with an older patch just to manage the 100%, but I have been struggling with AI so much. It would be nice to play with some people again. Let's see if someone can confirm this.

The timing of everything worked out quite well for me.  I got lucky.

Dec 21, 2018 Got the first campaign trophy not too long after hearing about dlc getting canceled

Feb 24, 2019 Got the plat.  Learned while playing about mp trophies being unobtainable

March 22, 2019 Got the final season pass trophy

I played other games over the last 3 days anxiously waiting for this update and started mp today.  I'm hoping for confirmation if trophies auto pop when switching between mp modes (assuming it even works at all to get 100%).

Edit: I just checked the patch notes again and it says something different.  I am positive it said what I posted above but I did not take a pic because i did not think it was necessary.  

I guess I will wait for the Livestream tomorrow and hopefully Square did actually fix this.

Edited by big_bob002

Downgrade still possible as of 9/1/19? Anyone know?

8 minutes ago, GenHanTen said:

Downgrade still possible as of 9/1/19? Anyone know?

It is still possible yes i just did it less then 2 weeks ago.

53 minutes ago, Rhagen91 said:

It is still possible yes i just did it less then 2 weeks ago.

Excellent I will be purchasing a Laptop just for this endevour! potato died last year!

This may be a stupid question-but using this method, will it transfer the trophies I had already gotten on the stand alone Comrades OVER to being the ones attached to FFXV? I completed every freaking trophy thinking I was completing it for XV and had no idea.

Does anyone know if the Royal Edition would have a different version than the base game only?

I plan on buying the Royal Ed.

"To sum up" in the title but it's just another thread for XXIV Comrades...

58 minutes ago, ipot_04 said:

Does anyone know if the Royal Edition would have a different version than the base game only?

I plan on buying the Royal Ed.

What do you mean by different version? The Royal Edition is the same as buying the base game plus season pass and the Royal DLC so the trophy list is the same for both.

The only thing different between Royal Edition and Base Game + DLC is that if you want 100% you would need to buy Royal Edition since the Season Pass sold separately on the PSN doesn't have the Comrades DLC included anymore since it was separated into a standalone game.