Should I go for it?

RynRodriguez

Yes go for it, if you've done the other 4, then this shouldn't be much of a problem for you. It's not particularly difficult, just the online is a bit of a grind. It's also harder to keep track of wins for AWP since its no longer linked to RSC so having a notepad or checklist would be useful

Let me assure you that going for the platinum will be really, really annoying! The online mode is absolutely awful and the engine is not made for fast paced action. However the co-op missions force you to move quickly in order to get the trophies. More importantly, you and another player need to focus and be lucky. AWP can be messy and the grind for the highest multiplayer level is not a piece of cake.

But if your goal ist to do the top 5 games and the game is already on your profile, I guess you should go for it nonetheless. :)

Just a little insight in my journey to platinum: SP is no "problem". It just takes a while.If you want to go for 100% then getting 100% for TBoBGT might be problematic but doable with some persistance (and YT videos).

The online part on the main game is actually the real dealbreaker. Grinding to level 10 would be an enormous task if my boosting partner and I hadn't use the happy island glitch. Also kind of time-consuming but at least it works while being 98% on idle. All the wins and races are time-consuming as well but nothing that a true trophy hunter wouldnt have already experienced in other games. Winning those coop missions were actually kinda problematic for us. We were able to get two done by ourselves (took us several evenings^^) but the last one just wouldnt fall for us. Thats when @ProfBambam55 appeared and it only took him like 2 tries with each of us. All in all I spend a lot of time on this game but squeezed every bit out of it and I liked the overall experience of it :)

Edited by Bobble_DD
  • Like 1

Single player is a box of piss and can be full 100%'d in 20 odd hours or so without too much effort, assuming you're running through it.

Multiplayer is also a box of piss, it's just going to take up your whoooooole life for a while.

If you have 2 PS3s, I'd very much recommend picking the game up digitally, downloading it to both, and self boosting. IIRC, most of the things can be boosted with just one player, just remember to keep a checklist of what you have and haven't done, it could be different from when I did it like 5 years ago, most of which was done on the old Game Spy servers IIRC, but back then it wouldn't really keep track of what you've done, and the Social Club connection for stats had long since died, so yeah, in short, boost where you can, and keep a checklist.

But aside from being time consuming, it's not too bad really.