What's the last PS game you played simply to enjoy it, not plat it?

stellanovas

Red Dead Redemption II, played it to enjoy it's awesome story. I'm going for the plat now but keep getting sidetracked by the story and side missions.

Anytime I start a new game the focus is just to play it and finish it. Only go for the plat if I really enjoyed the game.

3 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

After forcing myself through Shift 2 I swore I'd never again play a game if I'm not having fun with it. That's why red dead, Spider-Man and GOW will forever be stuck at like 1% I wasn't having fun so moved on. So all games I play are for fun now not trophies.

Is the character in your avatar missing her panties? :P

As for me, I do sometimes play games for the platinum trophies.  One game I'm not aiming to get the plat on is Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions because I lack the reflexes to get some of the trophies and no one to coop with.  Another game I abandoned the plat on is Ys VIII.  I figured I couldn't hack it on Nightmare, so I didn't go for it until after the patch.  Seeing the missing trophies on Playstation Network website was like an open sore, so I went back and got it.

Grand Theft Auto V on the PS4.

Was one of the first games along with Batman: Arkham Knight that I played when I got my PS4 four years ago.

Did the main story, did some screwing around in free roam, and pretty much ended it there.

I don't think I'll ever get the platinum for this game. Hundreds of hours of work plus there is some luck involved.

• Like 1

Pretty much every game I play I try to get some enjoyment out of. I do look up trophy guides beforehand in case of anything missable. There are some games that stopped being fun before the platinum that I forced myself (Root Letter, Devil May Cry 2, Earth's Dawn) or am still in the process of forcing myself (Asura's Wrath, Ni no Kuni II) to do anyways, wish I could stop. The last 2 games I'd rate my overall enjoyment with as an 8/10+ would be 428: Shibuya Scramble and Devil May Cry 1. Recently did Devil May Cry 3, Rez Infinite, Bastion, Aragami, and The Witness which were all about 6-7/10. Doing Dragon Quest XI (4-5) and God Eater 2 (6-7) right now, both are getting better the more I play. About to start Devil May Cry 4 tomorrow in hopes I can platinum it in a month or two. Cannot wait to start Devil May Cry 5.

Titan Fall 2, got it for a good price and I've been jamming multiplayer.

One day I'll go for the plat, but at the moment jamming pvp is pretty fun, Bringing a mech into battle changes the fps pace.

When we all go mech shit gets explosive

I still play Hyper Light Drifter even after the getting the 100%

It's just so damn nostalgic with collecting of triangles, it's a faster paced zelda and that's what keeps me coming back.

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls
  • Like 1

Its been a while since I have had no intention on platting,  Hades I guess because its on PC and I play it a lot,  with Sekiro coming out I do not plan on even thinking about trophies my first playthrough because I want to enjoy my first couple playthroughs and then I will decide weather I want to get the plat or not.

I only play games that I enjoy (JRPG), and also sure that I can plat it such as Kingdom Hearts 3. If I can’t plat a game I’ll just play it on my other account and enjoy it to the fullest such as Red Dead Redemption 2, DMC5 and Yakuza 0

Edited by sona_11

I still play Entwined sometimes even though I got the 100% in 2015.  Often it's months before I play it again, but I've been playing it more over the last two months than I have in a while.  I find it's a nice game to pick up and play for 10-30 minutes.  I like playing the challenges and trying to beat my high scores.

Other PS games I have played without concern for trophies:

Titanfall 2, fall 2018.  After I got the platinum, I just kept playing the multiplayer for a while.  It has a really good MP.

No Man's Sky, early 2018.  Kept going after the platinum for about a month, exploring a little pocket of a universe.  I can see why people dislike this game, but despite it's roughness there was something very relaxing about it.

MLB The Show 17, fall 2017.  Played nearly 100 games online and worked on building up my Diamond Dynasty team.  It was fun, and ~90% of it was not necessary for trophies.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, 2016.  I didn't do everything to get the platinum until 2017, but I played a lot of the FOB stuff for months, even though none of it was useful as far as getting trophies is concerned.

I do generally try to play a game because I think I'll enjoy it or because I'll find it interesting, or challenging, or something.  And I generally like to give it one playthrough without worrying too much about trophies, assuming it's the type of game where that makes sense.  And even if I am for whatever reason hunting for trophies during the first playthrough, it'll usually be in spurts.  Most of the time I'll be trying to just enjoy the game and then I think, OK what trophies can I go for right now and try to go for them for a while.  I do often miss some missable trophies that I could have easily gotten on the first playthrough by focusing more on trophies instead of doing it this way.  But, oh well.

• Like 1

Hitman 2016, which I'm coincidentally playing now. I generally avoid playing games I don't like simply for the trophies, but I will admit I've finished a few bad games to the plat/100% because by the point I gave it a chance, the rest of it was braindead or incredibly short. Unsurprisingly, almost all of these games were obtained through PS+.

Farm Together. I don't have to play at all anymore, just pop on the 22nd[I assume that will be "a month" after I created my farm] to get the plat and I'm done.

But I want to keep playing and building my farm. It's relaxing and fun. Not so fun that I had to just make my farm local so that people wouldn't harvest my animals though. :( I put it in my welcome message to please not do that... but they do anyway. And it's a pain to feed them, so I keep them ready for quests to speed up the tedious process.

Been getting more ribbons so I can buy more sprinklers for all my plots. Slow going, but I'm getting there. Hoping that more of the DLC comes out soon, there's a couple of them on PC not on PS4 yet and I want to use the items in them to figure out how to fill out all my empty spaces. I don't want to fill it all out and then have to replace a lot with DLC things.

Entire reason I even bought the game is because it looked fun. Just so happens the plat is easy. All it requires is time, so as long as you play it you'll get the plat. *shrug*

I still regularly jump into Hitman 2 despite having got all the trophies a while ago.

i also have done a few ‘just for fun’ plays of the Bioshock games and Prey, as there is a ton of new fun to be had beyond the trophy requirements

• Like 1

I play very often Call of duty Modern Warfare 3 and Gran Turismo 5/6. Got the 100% of MW3, almost same for GT6 and only 40% for GT5.

I love the Survival mode for MW3, also i play often with my brother or friends Gun Game mode in the U-Turn map. Tons of fun.

Also i decided to plat GT6 recently, but i'm playing it since years (the server closure triggers that idea). I'm very close to get the 100%.

For GT5, i've noticed that has two online (and sadly unattainable) trophies, but i play it sometimes for fun. These two racing games are pretty amazing for both driving simulator and car quantity (and quality too).

Another games that i've replayed only for fun are WipEout HD Fury, GRID 2, Ace Combat Assault Horizon and MotorStorm Apocalypse.

• Like 1

Games that entertained me beyond the plat/100% were Just Cause 2 (liberating more locations) and not too long ago Devious Dungeon (buying out the shop and then some).

Like so many others here, there sure are many games that would be worth playing regardless of finishing the trophy requirements or not, but the backlog is far too huge and I'll only do that if somehow the game manages to captivate me extraordinarily like the ones mentioned above did.

Edited by fastflowdaman

Well, like a lot of people wrote already, first of all I aim to play games I'm supposed to enjoy. I might have a much thinner backlog had I not crossed path with the bad boys below, but I have absolutely no regrets:

- Games I sunk countless hours in MP after getting the plat, roughly in order :

Max Payne 3 (don't have the plat, only 98%)
Red Dead Redemption
GTA V (PS3 then PS4, even more)
TLOU (PS3 and PS4, per-maybe-haps a little more on 3)
Mass Effect 3
The Division
Mass Effect Andromeda
Uncharted 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

- SP games I played multiple times after getting the plat, and still play on occasion, roughly in order :

XCOM 2
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Rugby Challenge 3
The Witcher 3 (played it so much I decided go for another 100% with the GOTY when it was dirt cheap)
Skyrim
GTA IV (story, MP mainly for trophies)
Dragon Age Inquisition (some MP, but mostly SP playthroughs)

So yeah, gaming life doesn't stop at platinum/100%, I guess.

• Like 1

For me it depends on how difficult the trophy is. The most I managed so far is a 7/10 difficulty taking no more than 150 hours, and if a game is that or below I would go in and platinum it anyway. 

There are many games i played for fun as I loved the game, but found the plat to difficult so just played for fun, or were too long and I couldn't be bothered due to all the other games I have. These include Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 as I such as KH and could never manage proud or critical modes, Crash Bandicoot (too hard), Disgaea 5, Disgaea 4 on ps3, Disgaea D2 (all waaaay to long and grindy as Disgaea games are), Tales of Symphonia (too many playthroughs and no scene skip, also very old) and FFX because of all the dumb mini games and chocobo race which were too frustrating, and all the grinding needed for the sphere grid to max out stats. Persona 4 Golden is another game I just played for fun, but didn't bother with the platinum as I don't really like Persona games that much but had gotten it as a gift. 

I try to plat all the games I enjoy, so twisting a bit your question, is there any game I played for fun knowing I wouldnt get its platinum or wouldnt care at all its trophies? Hell yes, and the last one is Street Fighter V. I love the franchise and I still play it almost every weekend, knowing it has trophies for having a good rank that I will never achieve, as I'm quite bad playing online.

22 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Even though I have already achieved platinums in those games, I'm playing for over 2 months straight GTA 4 (maybe will do 100%), TLOU & Black Ops 2 multiplayer. 

Funily enough ive just started playing gta4 again after buying it again bout 6 years ago. Finished the story and now trying to 100 percent then dlc. Not bothering with any online trophies cos i cant get in a single game

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

Grand Theft Auto V on the PS4.

Was one of the first games along with Batman: Arkham Knight that I played when I got my PS4 four years ago.

Did the main story, did some screwing around in free roam, and pretty much ended it there.

I don't think I'll ever get the platinum for this game. Hundreds of hours of work plus there is some luck involved.

Is defo not hundreds of ours to.plat it. I recon 40 max