What's the last PS game you played simply to enjoy it, not plat it?

stellanovas

I feel like I'd be cheating here, because every copy I receive, is one I intend to enjoy for the story and gameplay first, and platinum second (if feasible).

That being said: it would have to be Mortal Kombat 11. Embargo is still in effect, so I can't say anything specific about the game, but that's the latest game I booted to actually play for fun.

The game before that? World War Z. PS4 owners had to miss out on a L4D game for a very long time and despite it being very shallow on content (in terms of episodes), I still think it's great fun when you're playing with a capable team. Especially those huge swarms of zombies are always a sight to behold.

Batman Return to Arkham games - I already got the plats on PS3 and also know there are no missables trophies except for two ones really easy so I just play calm and later on go for the collectibles :)

I was on a phase of my life when I get bored of gaming on PS due to the trophies I broke my gold rule "only plat the game if I enjoyed a lot the first time and want to doit" but now I'm trying to almost always respect that one rule and I'm enjoying all again! Hopefully soon I will respect that rule 100% again.

• Like 2

Just finished my yearly-ish playthrough of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Gosh, is it ever a patchy remaster. Should've been given to BluePoint... but then, so should anything. Apart from messing up the cinematic feel of MGS2 and 3 by making everything including cutscenes run in (buttery-smooth and rock-solid, it must be said) 60FPS, those guys are the best in the remaster biz.

Asylum and City deserved better. So much atmosphere lost to clumsy lighting changes. Strange's beard looks like cardboard. Talia has been hitting the tanning beds too hard. All these hacks should have done was upscale the thing, optimize pop-ins, and stabilize the framerate. Game's too good for it to become an absolute clucking fluster but seriously. You don't have macaroni finger painters restore the Mona Lisa; the art form of games deserves a steadier, more artisanal touch than this.

• Like 1

I currently cycle through 3 games that I play just for fun : 

For Honor - always up for a medieval tussle 

Devil May Cry 5 - Need to remember the combos , Bloody Palace is bloody fun xD plus I can't get enough of M20 on dante must die mode.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 - I suck at the game, love it nonetheless

Well, it used to be Mortal Kombat 11, until I did 200 Towers and I got sick of playing so much to get all of the Victory animations. Now I'm just playing to get the remaining trophies, depsite the fact it's a great fighting game.

So, recently I actually streamed Outlast for fun (still love the game), and I often play Rainbow Six Siege, so those two. But my active games change quickly, considering I cover so much stuff. :D