How far into the one piece anime should I be?

44 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

How far is that from where the pirates are about to try to save luffys brother? And is it dubbed?

I'm not the person you asked but i can answer that question. Saving luffy's brother is in the 400s and the situation in question happens in the 800s. It is not dubbed yet unfortunately. If you are only up to the marineford arc then the amount of spoilers is actually quite large. The show is completely different these days and every move that luffy has developed over the years will be spoiled along with many important details about characters that both have and have not been introduced yet.

At the rate the dub is going itll probably be a long time before its caught up enough to play this game without spoilers. If you got completely up to date in it (its at around 575 now) then you could minimise a lot of the spoilers but without switching to sub or manga it'll likely be many years.

To any sub watchers wondering i would recommend being up to roughly 804 at the bare minimum to have all aspects at least introduced and 840 if you want to be 100% unspoiled.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Terarded said:

At the rate the dub is going itll probably be a long time before its caught up enough to play this game without spoilers. If you got completely up to date in it (its at around 575 now) then you could minimise a lot of the spoilers but without switching to sub or manga it'll likely be many years.

We’d be closer by now if they were actually still dubbing it. We’ve been at 575 for nearly a year now. 

Thanks for this though, I wanted to know too. Shame i’ll have to switch to the Sub for a bit but it’ll be worth it in the long run no doubt!

2 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

We’d be closer by now if they were actually still dubbing it. We’ve been at 575 for nearly a year now. 

Thanks for this though, I wanted to know too. Shame i’ll have to switch to the Sub for a bit but it’ll be worth it in the long run no doubt!

I thought they was still dubbing I got the last dub DVD a couple months back collection 23 I believe. So are they done dubbing or just taking a break?

Eh I don't mind spoilers I just mainly wanna know if I'll understand what's going on

24 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I thought they was still dubbing I got the last dub DVD a couple months back collection 23 I believe. So are they done dubbing or just taking a break?

Eh I don't mind spoilers I just mainly wanna know if I'll understand what's going on

In terms of the DVD it says on Amazon that it was released in November but the actual release of them episodes (online anyway) was mid May.

Usual gaps between seasons were around 2-3 months but it's been 10 months otherwise. 

That's what's strange really, as far as I can tell after looking around a bit literally no news has been released on it. No stop to the Dub or even some sort of tease for the episodes beyond what we have.

If not, it's probably best to continue along with the sub and then eventually go back. Think that's what I'll do. Since, I want to start the game series soon. I've been holding off on Pirate Warriors 3 as well because that's in Sub territory again. Really want to play this one too. It looks great.

Well I haven't played the game yet, but I've seen footage which includes some characters from current episodes (epi 876 was released yesterday). Marineford Arc with Luffy's brother Ace is around epi 500.

I've read that the game has a completely unique story which doesn't connect to the original story. All recent One Piece games are like this and have own made up "dream"/fantasy stories so they can still make new games.

Luffy's gear 4 transformation is from around epi 720.

I believe it should be safe to play this game if you've seen the Marineford Arc and know about the admirals. Not really sure but looks like the only new characters are those colorful brothers from epis 800+ which would be new to you since you haven't seen them

I just finished the entire Dressrosa arc. Finished episode 746. Wanted to take a break from the anime since basically binged the entire series to this point in like 14 months. Which kind of takes a toll, especially with the extremely slow pacing these last few arcs have. And of course i also watch other anime nad play games. Now i saw @Toma_Gabriel 's comment that you have to watch till Sanjis familly arc. I know from the show that the Zou arc is next and i heard from a friend of mine that that arc is like 100 episodes long. I assume Sanji's family arc is after that since there's only like 850-860 episodes at this point i think. So basically if i were to play world seeker i would get these 2 arcs spoiled? or is there more that i'm missing?

1 hour ago, gamesfourever said:

I just finished the entire Dressrosa arc. Finished episode 746. Wanted to take a break from the anime since basically binged the entire series to this point in like 14 months. Which kind of takes a toll, especially with the extremely slow pacing these last few arcs have. And of course i also watch other anime nad play games. Now i saw @Toma_Gabriel 's comment that you have to watch till Sanjis familly arc. I know from the show that the Zou arc is next and i heard from a friend of mine that that arc is like 100 episodes long. I assume Sanji's family arc is after that since there's only like 850-860 episodes at this point i think. So basically if i were to play world seeker i would get these 2 arcs spoiled? or is there more that i'm missing?

I don't think they have included anybody from Zou arc since it was short, the next arc after that is Big Mom Arc which is combined with Sanji's family so yes. As I wrote earlier only the characters will be spoiled but not the original story since this game has its own fantasy story using original characters

Japanese episodes that I'm watching are around 876 and it's at the end of Big Mom Arc.

The Zou one is a part of a bigger "prequel" arc and it's really short and not like 100 episodes. It includes Silver Mine, Zou and Marine Rookie arcs that ends at episode 782 so you need around 40 episodes to start the Big Mom's one.

14 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

They haven't stopped per se, they've just gone on a 10 month break without giving any info as to why. Long breaks aren't uncommon they have done 6 month ones a few times but this is by far the longest and most infuriating. Most presume its due to the sheer number of episodes in the dressrosa arc as they usually like to release in collections. They are still technically dubbing though, they just released the 3d2y special, a special based around the dressrosa arc is coming up soon, and they announced the foxy fox special is being dubbed for a june (or was it july?) release just a couple days ago.