Difficult PS4 games that are fun to plat and have UR trophies.

Black_Rose_IX

Like someone already said, I would suggest “Super Time Force Ultra”. It’s fun, challenging and it has several ultra-rare trophies. In my case, the HellaDeck levels were too much for me, so I ended up not  getting the platinum, but I still had a lot of fun with the game. Maybe I will return to it someday.

”Styx: Master of Shadows” is also a very good game and it also has ultra-rare trophies. It’s not exactly hard, unless you aren’t good at stealth, but it’s somewhat time-consuming, since you need to complete each mission several times, meeting certain criteria, in order to have the points necessary to unlock all the skills. It’s definitely a game worth playing, if you like stealth.

”Dead by Daylight” is another great game, with lots of ultra-rare trophies. A must play, if you like online games.

These games helped me increase my ultra-rate count, while still enjoying myself. Maybe they can help you too.

Edited by Carol
  • Like 1

Rogue Legacy if playing solo - when you die, you choose a new hero to play with in a different castle (layout is changed). overall, the game is difficult but then add in remix bosses and it becomes very difficult (and more rewarding when you beat them). 

Magicka 2 if playing coop - really fun game, great atmosphere throughout and amazing when played in coop. It can be very difficult on higher difficulties and especially on trials.

• Like 1

Hardy Ultra Rares that just require time:

• LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Super Time Force Ultra
  • Strike Vector EX
  • Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends
  • Tumble VR
  • AC Brotherhood
  • Amnesia Collection
  • Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (PS4)

Edited by JNSpradlin
  • Like 1

I second The Evil Within. People are fawning over REmake2, but there has been a true successor to RE4 since 2014. Working towards the plat has been absolutely amazing, the art direction and story (once you get it) is truly top tier.

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 1

Magicka 2 is filled with URs that are actually quite easy. 

Binding of isaac rebirth is a great game with a few URs that are grindy.

Trine 2 complete story has a difficult spot here or there but has URs

Dead nation apocalypse edition a great game and a few URs.

Payday2 crimewave edition, lots of URs scattered throughout it and it's by far my favorite game of this console generation. Quite a time sink though. 

Surgeon simulator, it's on sale with I am bread atm and both games have URs and are pretty damn difficult too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

The ones for me that stand out are,

Dead By Daylight

Flame Over

Downwell

Tricky Towers

Starwhal

Drawn To Death

Dead Nation

Slain Back From Hell

I'd advise staying away from drawn to death unless you have a solid boosting partner. The servers go down the 25th of March I believe. 

• Like 1

Furi - Really fun game and quick, pretty easy imo, platinum doesn't take too much time dedication.

Overwatch - If you like multiplayer games, Overwatch is a great game but be willing to dedicate your time to the game. Platinumed it twice. 

Tricky Towers - Really fun game as well, but takes a while to plat unless you have played the game before. Took me 30 days the first time I platinumed, but only about a day the second time. 

Black Ops 3 - Great platinum to add to your collection, is a bit grindy but it felt nice earning the plat.

Trials Fusion - Not a plat but will most likely always be my proudest 100% with only 187 earners, and has 46 ultra rare trophies if you include all the dlc, with the rarest trophy capping at 0.17% on psnprofiles.

Edited by XIXShadowXIX07
  • Like 1

On 19/03/2019 at 10:01 AM, Mori said:

Raiden V is definitely worth a shot, especially if someone is not sure about Shmups in general. I've played one, two Bullet-Hell games but I always "feared" Shmups, and watching some insane playthroughs strenghtened that fear. Imo Shmups are more difficult than lets say SMB, though in the end it always comes down to preference. I also thought Trials Fusion was more difficult than SMB.

After getting the plat in Raiden V, I became more confident and I plan to play Dariusburst Chronicles at some time, which seems way more difficult.

I think Raiden IV and Ikaruga are one of, if not the most difficult Shmups currently out there, but I also dont know that many Shmups so I cant really tell. 

I'd love to play Ikaruga in the future though.

Ikaruga, Raiden 4, and Dariusburst are the holy trinity of SHMUP plats in my book. I have 2 of them....but Raiden 4 is just too painful and tedious for my liking. One day I might finish it when the pressure from my friends becomes too great for me to handle, but until then it will sir incomplete on my profile ?

Anyways. My fun plat suggestions are Jamestown and Velocity 2X. Both are great games with UR platinums.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 2:13 AM, KaKrackle said:

Anyways. My fun plat suggestions are Jamestown and Velocity 2X. Both are great games with UR platinums.

Jamestown I don't know much about in terms of difficulty.

Velocity 2X wasn't too difficult for me. But that Dual Core DLC pack where you control two ships at once will be pretty tough to do if you only have a PS4.

• Like 1