PS4 Release date

WolfyRaiden

the first ones will likely overheat in any case (except for some lucky people)

You think so? The way I see it is that Sony has been planning this for 5 years. MS busted a gut to get the 360 out ahead of the competition and the first 1 year of the 360 had an astonishing 50% failure rate. The general consensus this time is that MS is as far as 6 months behind Sony with regards to the Xbone construction compared with the PS4. Now I know that MS has some serious pockets but surely in the rush to make up that 6 months its the Xbone that consumers should have heating concerns about.

Sony has pulled its finger out of its arse lately in relation to design and build of electronics and the stuff that they have constructed in the past year or more has been as good as you could possibly expect.

I do, Ps2 had heat issues, PS3 had heat issues.

Early production is never easy, and I remember a discussion we had recently where you didn't think Sony could deliver before chrimbo :P

I had 2 original PS - the first one died as a result of an unexpected rapid decent due to the controller lead being tripped over by a stoner at a party.

I had 3 PS2. The one failed as a result of a heart attack - it simply stopped working. the power unit gave up and Sony replaced it it was about 4 months old and it was a unit from 6 months after launch.

The other 2 are still going perfectly well

I have had one PS3, never missed a beat. Though my brother had his 40GB fatty suffer YLOD but it was a unit from maybe 8 months after launch.

So in my experience its the consoles that are bought 6/8 months post launch that have failed!

And I also recall that discussion and it was that Sony couldn't deliver the PS4 to Europe until after Christmas after they serviced the home market and North America. However Sony have said that Japan will wait until 2014 so that Europe was a priority. So that game has changed my friend.