Bloody Palace Trophies

Neme-ita

7 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Im more disappointed that you can save in BP now. Also no co-op, so they made us wait a month for nothing as BP was in since day 1 and fully working. Im happy we have BP but a co-op BP would add infinite replay value on top of insane combos.

V could use cain and Dante uses his summoned swords. Sadly as I put just because its in the files doesn't make it playable nor is it confirmed coming :( 

Yeah, that's really disappointing. What was even the point of adding anything with an online networking feature then? The only level where you can even play with another player is Mission 15 and only then it's a couple of minutes. Maybe they will add it in later but I'm not getting my hopes up.

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah, that's really disappointing. What was even the point of adding anything with an online networking feature then? The only level where you can even play with another player is Mission 15 and only then it's a couple of minutes. Maybe they will add it in later but I'm not getting my hopes up.

You can play with other players in 7 and 13 the others you just watch

Actually, there is co-op in multiple levels (you can see this in the Main Menu by checking which missions are tagged as "Link Missions"), it's just that the game is usually copying someone's data and putting it in your game, so the other player isn't actually there and is just a ghost of their play data. That or you can't see the other players at all, take M14 as an example, where you're stuck in that purple dimension with V and the game says there are other players with you... but you cannot see them until you defeat the three bosses and get out of that area.

This page has a lot more info about the system if you're curious: https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Cameo_System

11 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

You can play with other players in 7 and 13 the others you just watch

10 minutes ago, Ren said:

Actually, there is co-op in multiple levels (you can see this in the Main Menu by checking which missions are tagged as "Link Missions"), it's just that the game is usually copying someone's data and putting it in your game, so the other player isn't actually there and is just a ghost of their play data. That or you can't see the other players at all, take M14 as an example, where you're stuck in that purple dimension with V and the game says there are other players with you... but you cannot see them until you defeat the three bosses and get out of that area.

This page has a lot more info about the system if you're curious: https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Cameo_System

Eh apart from those examples though I don't really consider it true co-op. Sure it's ghost data and aside from the couple of exceptions you don't really play with anyone else and I can see why since if you could co-op more in the story it would make getting S Ranks easier or what have you but overall it just felt like the cameo system didn't really have much point at all. Especially since the system was hyped up to be way more than it actually was. It just feels like a waste to not have co-op for Bloody Palace at least because otherwise the cameo/online system may as well just not be there is what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Ren said:

Well yeah we know there's co-op, just BP would be perfect. Also its live people on M7 and 13 as I was able to play with a friend and taunt, also while farming orbs people would drop in and taunt with me after the room was cleared out. 

3 hours ago, Ren said:

are you sure? I tried going in with a friend in M13 and after like 5 mins of trying we saw each other finally and took some screen shots, I also sometimes do taunts on others and they taunt back.

9 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Well yeah we know there's co-op, just BP would be perfect. Also its live people on M7 and 13 as I was able to play with a friend and taunt, also while farming orbs people would drop in and taunt with me after the room was cleared out. 

6 hours ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

are you sure? I tried going in with a friend in M13 and after like 5 mins of trying we saw each other finally and took some screen shots, I also sometimes do taunts on others and they taunt back.

I'm not saying it's always a ghost data, but it does happen. You can know when it's someone's data by pausing the game, if the player is kicked (their name vanishes), then a real player was with you at that time, if the name stays, then it's a ghost. Going into a Divinity Statue doesn't kick the other player though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ren said:

I'm not saying it's always a ghost data, but it does happen. You can know when it's someone's data by pausing the game, if the player is kicked (their name vanishes), then a real player was with you at that time, if the name stays, then it's a ghost. Going into a Divinity Statue doesn't kick the other player though.

Ahhh very surprising then as the majority have been live. Thanks for explaining.

15 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

The fact you can use Super costumes means this is no trouble. V and Dante just destroy everything without issue. Nero you have to actually try but even if you do have trouble... you can suspend the game and upload your data.

Dante has a ton of utilities to make it a cinch, and everything for V was pretty simple. HOWEVER I almost died on Urizen 3 (Stage 100) with V. At his last phase, the Devil Trigger part, he starts warping and kicking all over the place. No one else had an issue with that??

Nero is definitely the hardest character even with Super costume as he has no real tricks for some of the bosses. Distance spam with gun charge shots does not do enough damage so you are forced to go up to them and play fair. No Breakers in the game really help with distance spam or additional damage. A letdown, I thought he'd have something broken for post-game play, but no, only slightly elevated damage DT, or charged Ragtime which only helps with small popcorn enemy encounters, not as much on bosses, Buster is hard to plan into your set for BP and only helps with some bosses and only a part of their lifebar, still have to play fair the rest (they can't stutter with gun spam, at least on Goliath).

If Suspend/save backup was not possible, hardly any would have his done. Stage 60 with Angelo boss is where it gets serious.

Edited by QQQ_AX

2 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Dante has a ton of utilities to make it a cinch, and everything for V was pretty simple. HOWEVER I almost died on Urizen 3 (Stage 100) with V. At his last phase, the Devil Trigger part, he starts warping and kicking all over the place. No one else had an issue with that??

Nero is definitely the hardest character even with Super costume as he has no real tricks for some of the bosses. Distance spam with gun charge shots does not do enough damage. No Breakers in the game really help with additional damage. A letdown, I thought he'd have something broken for post-game play, but no, only slightly elevated damage DT.

If Suspend/save backup was not possible, hardly any would have his done. Stage 60 with Angelo boss is where it gets serious.

I don't recall having any trouble with Urizen 3. You have Nightmare/Shadow/Griffon attacking him at all times and often he'll get stuck kicking them. If he starts to focus on you close up you can just shadow dodge and then jump away after his attack has ended.

Suspending around that point is certainly a good idea though I only did it myself at 69 (actually wouldn't advise it as had some tricky fights with those they throw a Fury or two in). Something that is a good idea is to stockpile Ragtimes (you do this by having them as your oldest breakers) so on harder stages like the 3 Furies (70) you can bust them out. 1 Ragtime was enough to kill two of the furies for me.

12 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

I don't recall having any trouble with Urizen 3. You have Nightmare/Shadow/Griffon attacking him at all times and often he'll get stuck kicking them. If he starts to focus on you close up you can just shadow dodge and then jump away after his attack has ended.

Suspending around that point is certainly a good idea though I only did it myself at 69 (actually wouldn't advise it as had some tricky fights with those they throw a Fury or two in). Something that is a good idea is to stockpile Ragtimes (you do this by having them as your oldest breakers) so on harder stages like the 3 Furies (70) you can bust them out. 1 Ragtime was enough to kill two of the furies for me.

For V Urizen 3: It's the final phase where he throws constant map-covering lasers and jumps around to kick you and gets super-buffed health with DT that almost seems like super-armor, attacks hardly do damage anymore. A cheap feature of DMC5, the superior DMC4 didn't have that.

I could not get him away from attacking me in that phase even after dodging to the other sides of the map.

I think some people bypassed most of that phase by getting lucky big damage attacks from Nightmare in before/while the phase started. I think I got unlucky. I was down to 20% health on that and I had no backup made but luckily I beat it.

Nero: Ragtimes take problem enemies and Furies down easily but don't help as much on bosses. For DMD bosses for them to even help you'd need like 20, not the measly 8. You have to play out most of the BP bosses "fair" (going in their face and air slashing and dodging), even with Super costume.

Edited by QQQ_AX

1 minute ago, QQQ_AX said:

For V Urizen 3: It's the final phase where he throws constant map-covering lasers and jumps around to kick you and gets super-buffed health with DT that almost seems like super-armor, attacks hardly do damage anymore. A cheap feature of DMC5, the superior DMC4 didn't have that.

I think some people bypassed most of that phase by getting lucky big damage attacks from Nightmare in before/while the phase started. I think I got unlucky. I was down to 20% health on that and I had no backup made but luckily I beat it.

Nero: Ragtimes take problem enemies and Furies down easily but don't help as much on bosses. For DMD bosses for them to even help you'd need like 20, not the measly 8. You have to play out most of the BP bosses "fair" (going in their face and air slashing and dodging), even with Super costume.

Ummm, really don't recall having any trouble but maybe you're right on the getting lucky part. Ultimately though you can see where the lasers are going to go so you should be able to put yourself somewhere you'll be safe. You don't have to worry about attacking so it shouldn't be any trouble.

Yeah, didn't even bother on bosses outside 101 where it can actually be helpful and you may as well as you no longer need to save them.

For Nero abuse aerial combos. Especially the one with "R1 back forward attack" is very powerful and keeps you in the air. I was almost only spamming this against all Urizen forms.

For Vergil, punch line makes the fight super easy, since you can stun lock him in the air for a lot of time. 

On 2019. 04. 03. at 5:07 AM, QQQ_AX said:

I could not get him away from attacking me in that phase even after dodging to the other sides of the map.

DMC4 wasn't superiour at all, it was half a game and made more easier than DMC3. Devil Triggered enemies in 4 weren't that hard to stun at all, their defenses weren't as good as DMC1,3,5 enemies.

I have a friend who used ragtime for urizen 2 and beat him no damage on dmd, so it's entirely possible to use it on bosses. It's designed that well

I thought DMC4 was better than DMC5, and DMC3 was easily the best one. It will be hard to top #3 IMO. I just can't stand using V anymore. His movements are horrible, and it becomes insanely annoying to dodge anything when both of his pets are stalemated.

The Bloody Palace is underwhelming compared to DMC4 also. #4 had super hardcore trophies that truly tested your limits in that game. In #5 we get only 1 trophy for a basic completion... bummer. The game still throws some curve balls at you though, 3 Furies at once caught me off guard.

How the fuck is 4 better than 5 when 4 was just a 50% game rushed, has the stupid dice, less weapons, the stupid backtracking, the slow ass campaign and so on?! This is Itsuno's magnum opus putting everything in it to make it as pure action game as possible with way cooler bosses and more content! DMC5 is the best one and the goty hands the fuck down. As for trophies, 4 didn't have any trophies where you needed to s rank hell and hell, I had zero problems with getting everything in that game, especially since they made normal mode the equivalent of easy from vanilla. As for bloody palace, take out that one floor with the blitzes and you're done. It's only a problem with Trish but that's why you come prepared. You know what would've tested my limits? SSS rank DMD with no upgrades bought

38 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

How the fuck is 4 better than 5 when 4 was just a 50% game rushed, has the stupid dice, less weapons, the stupid backtracking, the slow ass campaign and so on?! This is Itsuno's magnum opus putting everything in it to make it as pure action game as possible with way cooler bosses and more content! DMC5 is the best one and the goty hands the fuck down. As for trophies, 4 didn't have any trophies where you needed to s rank hell and hell, I had zero problems with getting everything in that game, especially since they made normal mode the equivalent of easy from vanilla. As for bloody palace, take out that one floor with the blitzes and you're done. It's only a problem with Trish but that's why you come prepared. You know what would've tested my limits? SSS rank DMD with no upgrades bought

You seem really triggered about this. How is 4 better? A few simple reasons. V is a stupid character and doesn't belong in this game. Dr. Faust is a stupid weapon and doesn't belong in this game. The bosses in 4 had better designs. They felt more challenging and engaging, not just spamming lasers, electricity, etc. at you constantly. 5's bosses just seem forgettable in comparison. As far as trophies go, I was only referring to the Bloody Palace trophies. And as mentioned in the other thread, S ranking Hell and Hell can be made very easy with Dr. Faust, the biggest hand-holding attribute of 5. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So if you were to suck at this game, what's the best way to go about beating the BP with each character? I was able to trudge through DMD, but most of the time I ended up dying to bosses or Furies unless I could counter them with RG. Vergil especially, he really kicks my ass once he gets to phase 2 or summons a phantom on either m19 or m20. I'm on Xbox by the way, since both achievement hunting forums are dead I wanted to post here. The only difference is I have 3 achievements for beating BP instead of 1 trophy, so I can pick and choose who I want to play as rather than having to worry about clearing it with all 3.

Obviously I plan on using supers, and if Xbox allows me to, I'll save before each boss and suspend if I'm about to die. It worked when I was scumming for easy S ranks, so it should work for BP. I'm mainly thinking ahead to floors 98-101. Nero may be out of the question to be honest, at least with the super costume. I can't see myself beating 3 Urizan and Vergil without healing, and there is no easy way out. However, I think Dante and V are obtainable. What is the safest strategy for the final four floors for these two? Should I hop on Nightmare as V, or focus on dodging the bosses so I don't lose DT? Should I spam RG and let it recharge until the boss is dead as Dante, or should I try to mix in some SDT / Dr. Faust? Is it possible to camera manip these bosses? (may be a dumb question but I honestly haven't tried).

I just don't want to spend 1-2 hours on each character to get to floor 98 and then get put into the grave immediately.

6 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

So if you were to suck at this game, what's the best way to go about beating the BP with each character? I was able to trudge through DMD, but most of the time I ended up dying to bosses or Furies unless I could counter them with RG. Vergil especially, he really kicks my ass once he gets to phase 2 or summons a phantom on either m19 or m20. I'm on Xbox by the way, since both achievement hunting forums are dead I wanted to post here. The only difference is I have 3 achievements for beating BP instead of 1 trophy, so I can pick and choose who I want to play as rather than having to worry about clearing it with all 3.

Obviously I plan on using supers, and if Xbox allows me to, I'll save before each boss and suspend if I'm about to die. It worked when I was scumming for easy S ranks, so it should work for BP. I'm mainly thinking ahead to floors 98-101. Nero may be out of the question to be honest, at least with the super costume. I can't see myself beating 3 Urizan and Vergil without healing, and there is no easy way out. However, I think Dante and V are obtainable. What is the safest strategy for the final four floors for these two? Should I hop on Nightmare as V, or focus on dodging the bosses so I don't lose DT? Should I spam RG and let it recharge until the boss is dead as Dante, or should I try to mix in some SDT / Dr. Faust? Is it possible to camera manip these bosses? (may be a dumb question but I honestly haven't tried).

I just don't want to spend 1-2 hours on each character to get to floor 98 and then get put into the grave immediately.

Using super chars:

* V: whatever, just spam Nightmare and power-up Griffon and Shadow. You can also use camera manipulation so that enemies won't attack you, but it doesn't really matter.

* Dante: spam stinger in DT, for the first 60 lv enemies are weak and die soon. Then you can also spam SDT.

* Nero: you have infinite EX charges, so attacks are powered-up. Keep enemies in the air and use the R1+back+forward+attack, it's really powerful. Punch Line can help keeping enemies at bay, but you can also use Buster for more damage or Ragtime.

You can also quit the BP at any time (after you clear a level), exit the game and backup the save. If you die, you can restore it, so you don't have to start over. It doesn't work only for the last 4 lv, where you fight 4 bosses in a row without rest.

It just takes time, it's not hard at all.

Regarding enemies:

* For Furies you can literally spam whatever attack you want and you'll eventually hit them. With Dante SDT it's no trouble at all, same for V, while for Nero (if you don't have Ragtime) just spam regular attacks and you'll stop them (use camera manipulation to have only 1 at the time attacking you).

* For Urizen do as I wrote above. Don't jump over Nightmare, because if you get hit you'll lose DT and have to wait for it to be restored. (For the same reason, don't use V's crane attack which uses DT).

* For Nero vs Vergil use Punch Line when he is in the air after an attack. You will stun-lock him in the air and can juggle him for a loooong time (use also the gun). It's a very easy strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSsMImyEEA (for Dante and V, again, spam SDT and Nightmare).

Edited by nudoetcrudo

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, chrizz1500 said:

Just want a confirmation. Using the super  version of each character still gets you the trophy? Or does the game consider it cheating and disable the trophy?

You can get the trophy with Super Costumes. However, you won't going to get S rank because of it's x0.2 multiplier. It won't affect the trophy though.

On 16/04/2019 at 8:50 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

You can also use camera manipulation so that enemies won't attack you, but it doesn't really matter.

Are we sure this is a thing and its not assumed from previous instalments?

Ive asked because this would basically equal cheese mode:

Nero: Face the wall and use homing rocket arm, invulnerbility.

V: Face the wall and let pets attack, invulnerability.

Dante: Face the wall and use meteor, again, invulnerability.

I tried things like this for like a few mintues, was still getting attacked repeatedly! Ive even turned around when a common cockroach type enemy was at the other side of the encounter area, eventually it got to me and attacked me................

Edited by Optinooby