What's your favorite "stage" of the trophy hunt?

dertswa687o

Even if I complete all my games, I enjoy playing the game naturally more than cleaning up trophies. This is why I always go in blind, so I'd have to say that generally I enjoy the beginning and mid-game most. And I think I can say this for almost all of my games: I like to learn the mechanics, get immersed in the story (if applicable... ?) and discover what a game has to offer. 

It's definitely not the post-game though. I love Dark Souls III, but no one can tell me that offline grinding for covenant items for hours and ours is "fun". I had a great time playing Gautnlet with friends, but once we were done I needed to grind kills and deaths for hours. Final Fantasy IX is probably my favorite Final Fantasy... But really, going for 10k kills post-game.. who came up with this idea?? ?

I could go on, but I think you get the point ? Trophies are great, and I always go for them, but playing the game is what I enjoy most. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

My favorite time - trophy-wise - is everything until the end of the first playthrough. My first playthrough is always blind, so getting trophies while playing the first time are marks of playing naturally. Clean-up is almost always forced, the enjoyment of getting the Plat is secondary and more a kind of pleasure you get from closure.

• 4 years later...