What games did you play even though you knew the platinum was near impossible?

RynRodriguez

Not sure this topic is in the right sub forum, but gonna reply to it anyway.

When I began to play Orcs Must Die Unchained, a game that needs servers to be playable, there was no information on how long the servers would last. The game was dying with the developers having stopped supporting it long ago and it could have been over at any time. The platinum for this game is among the grindiest you can imagine, and it is definitely the most one sided grind, pretty much forcing you to do the same 10-12 minute map around 500 times for the last silver trophy you need. I got lucky and had months to get the platinum, with the developers even announcing the shutdown a few months before it was due. Others are still fighting for it now until the servers shut down in a few weeks.

The other game is Super Meat Boy, a notoriously hard game with the highest difficulty rating. I got it for free on psplus and heard it was a great game, so I played it anyway. Fast forward a few years and multiple on and off attempts, and I still do not have the platinum thanks to the sick ironman trophies. Recently I got a few more of these, even getting Missile Boy and Demon Boy, with only the 3 hardest of the bunch missing now. The problem is that the hardest of them is called "impossible boy" for good reason and I just see no chance of me getting it. What makes me feel better about it is that I am not alone with this, there are many people who gave up when confronted with the last 2 or 3 of these trophies because the increase in difficulty over the previous ones is just so insane.

Trackmania Turbo! This is a prime example for a difficult, but really fun game. I'm definitely gonna Plat it.............eventually ?

edit @Uchiha_Snake__ Almost everything you have left in GT5 can either be done by glitching or rocking B-Spec mode ;) Only the GT-R challenge on the Nurburgring might prove a bit tricky, but is also very doable with Skid Recovery Force and a little bit of practice.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

This weekend alone I started I Am Bread, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, PlayStation VR Worlds and Starblood Arena. All of them are UR, and for 3 of them, less then 1% of players on this site have attained the Platinum. I know I'm unlikely to platinum any of them (especially because I can only stomach VR in short bursts) but I'll give them all a go and move on when I'm ready. I won't be a slave to the platinum on any game but I'm not afraid to try any game that interests me either.

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 5:04 PM, Nighcisama said:

Not sure this topic is in the right sub forum, but gonna reply to it anyway.

When I began to play Orcs Must Die Unchained, a game that needs servers to be playable, there was no information on how long the servers would last. The game was dying with the developers having stopped supporting it long ago and it could have been over at any time. The platinum for this game is among the grindiest you can imagine, and it is definitely the most one sided grind, pretty much forcing you to do the same 10-12 minute map around 500 times for the last silver trophy you need. I got lucky and had months to get the platinum, with the developers even announcing the shutdown a few months before it was due. Others are still fighting for it now until the servers shut down in a few weeks.

The other game is Super Meat Boy, a notoriously hard game with the highest difficulty rating. I got it for free on psplus and heard it was a great game, so I played it anyway. Fast forward a few years and multiple on and off attempts, and I still do not have the platinum thanks to the sick ironman trophies. Recently I got a few more of these, even getting Missile Boy and Demon Boy, with only the 3 hardest of the bunch missing now. The problem is that the hardest of them is called "impossible boy" for good reason and I just see no chance of me getting it. What makes me feel better about it is that I am not alone with this, there are many people who gave up when confronted with the last 2 or 3 of these trophies because the increase in difficulty over the previous ones is just so insane.

I really like platformers, and I'm considering Super Meat Boy. I figure I can get it if I try hard enough. Worst case scenario, I can have someone else do it via share play.

Years I heard how difficult the DMC games were but never played them. Finally, when 5 was announced I said heck with it I wanna play them, I didn't care about getting the platinum. Now I'm sitting here pretty with 1-4 platinumed and 5 looming over my head. I'll play it #eventually but I need a break cause I just got 4 last week.

Furi is another one. I didn't find the game until it was getting released for Switch but I knew I wanted to play it. Got it and told myself, "Hey, don't worry about the trophies just enjoy." I wound up enjoying it a lot and wanted to try the hardest difficulty. Then I wound up with the platinum.

El Shaddai for the final one. I first played it knowing the genre wasn't for me at the time. I must've died 500+ times through the whole game. I don't remember what struck me to buy it but I did. I finished the campaign on normal mode and shelved it. Like a year later when I played Furi and found out wait a moment I enjoy this genre I went back and had a much easier time and got the platinum.

As for games where I don't has the platinums. Jotun comes to mind, though I might be able to now that I'm better at the genre. Super Cloudbuilt, I thought I'd have fun with it but I wasn't and only got 1 trophy so far. Vanquish, I actually played until the fourth chapter first, said this game isn't for me, and shelved it. About two years later I hated it having only about 5% so I did as much as I could. Can't do ghost challenges but I did everything else.

Assetto Corsa.

This game kills you from boredom first, then when you finally think you made the worst part, the nightmare begins with that ridiculous time trials. This game needs some improving, but it's fun to play, their simulation was one of the best I've played.

Badlands

This one is truly boring, I dropped, but I like it from the start.

• Like 1

These plats aren't impossible if you have the skill and dedication, but impossible for me and I knew from the start by just either looking at the trophy guide or having played the original game and knowing the difficulty already if its a remake. However, as I love these games I got them for the fun

1. FFX: I played the PS2 version and already knew from that that I would never be able to accomplish the chocobo game, lightning dancer and could not be bothered with Blitzball

2. KH 1.5 + 2.5: I played all the original KH games and never managed proud or critical modes.

3. Disgaea 4 and 5: very difficult and grindy post game work

Played Lost Planet 2 back in 2015 just because the game is strangely alluring. I was familier with the game (played it before on 360) so I knew for a fact I won't be able to platinum it. 

There's tons of other titles, like Destiny and Destiny 2, Overwatch, Black Ops III, Yakuza 4 and Kiwami, Resistance 2, Crysis 2 and 3, Max Payne 3, Ghost Recon FS etc. that I've tried simply out of curiosity.

Dead By Daylight, I didn't have a PC that could run it at the time and I really wanted to play it. Now I do have a PC that can run it so I play on PC instead. Not only that but it requires a lot of luck and I hate playing killer. Maybe I'll have a go at clearing up some of the trophies one day but ehhhh...