What games did you play even though you knew the platinum was near impossible?

RynRodriguez

Dead by Daylight - I play this a lot and got into it because I liked the concept of it, but I'll never get the plat without divine intervention. ? 

Same can be said for Hollow Knight and Eagle's Flight. I started those with no real intention to go after the platinum. I just don't have the time or patience for it.

Granted, I don't worry too much about these sorts of things.

To be honest it isn’t a consideration. I don’t care about completion rate, I just love games. A platinum is nice but not a requirement, a great fun game is. I’ve hardly made any inroads in the Last of Us trophy list, and I never will, but I am so very glad that I played that game - twice. 

• Like 1

The ones that come in mind and that I still play are Overwatch, Plants vs Zombies GW 2, and Paladins.

These are all online based games which I'm really not good at so I knew I will have a difficult time going for platinum but I'm still enjoying the games and having fun.

Amplitude

Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 6

Max Payne 3

GTA V

GTA 4

GRID 2

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Binary Domain

Yakuza 4

Yakuza Kiwami

KILLZONE 2

NFS Hot Pursuit

Red Dead Redemption

LBP Karting

Mirror's Edge

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Kane & Lynch 2

Free Realms ( before shutting down )

DriveClub

The Witcher 3

Watch-Dogs

Edited by yellowwindow7
typo fix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Dirt Rally. I was really looking forward to this one and i played it a few hours until i realised i'm not gonna even win a single race :(

This! I spend most of the time planted in a tree or upside down but it's great fun. 

Games are more fun when you don't care about the trophies. I'd be stressed to hell if I tried for the plat

Driveclub and Driveclub bikes most likely as I'm not that great at racing games but I wanted to give it a go.

Hollow Knight is fantastic, dont care if I dont get the platinum although it would be nice. Crash Bandicoot is another one as it is awesome but not easy to plat.

All games I've started I knew I could get the plat (although I might have doubted by ability to do so while playing Trackmania Turbo ?).

I mean, you just need to be determined enough and have the right mindset to avoid frustration. 

There is one exception to this, though... Recently I popped the first two trophies of Crypt of the NecroDancer. I'm determined to have this plat one day, no question, even though it's gonna take a very long time to get there.

But I still would argue if there is one game that can be described as "near impossible", it's this one. 

Edited by Arcesus7

Wolfenstein 2 was definitely one where I knew I wasn't going to get the Plat but played it anyway. Trophy difficulty doesn't matter if it's something I really want to play but it can have an influence on something I'm on the fence about. 

Nothing really other than games with online trophies that the servers have been taken down like Resistance 2

There are a fair few games on my list that I just can't be arsed platting due to them losing any further aspect of fun but never say never.  Any game can be platted with enough time and dedication but for me once they lose all the fun and become a chore thats me done most of the time.

One thing I'll never do is shy away from a game because its hard or it has online trophies that can no longer be earned.  Annoying yes but why deny yourself what could potentially be one of the best games you have ever played!

15 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

This! I spend most of the time planted in a tree or upside down but it's great fun. 

Games are more fun when you don't care about the trophies. I'd be stressed to hell if I tried for the plat

I did most part of it, need to go back to it to platinum it btw ... but still I visited a lot of trees too X) ;)

Edited by seblegamer