What game series have you never played?

RynRodriguez

As popular as they are, I've never laid my hands on an assassin's Creed or battlefield game. I saw a posting on eBay for battlefield 4 for PS3 for $5 and I thought I'd give it a try, it didn't end up working so I thought that was a sign. Skull and Bones and firestorm looks intriguing so I might give them a shot when they release

2 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Metal Gear Solid (sort of, ive played MGS 1 for like an hour and beaten Revengance a lot)

Castlevania

Resident Evil

Uncharted

Killzone

Street Fighter

Killzone is so overlooked I forgot to put that in. I only played one game in public match of shadow fall for my 7 day free trial on PSN now 

I’m new to gaming so I haven’t actually played a lot of titles/series. Some of the games I own but have yet to play:

Assassin’s Creed

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 3

Fallout 4

Far Cry 4 and Far Cry Primal

Metro Redux

Metal Gear Solid V

Tomb Raider

Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War 

I really need to step up my gaming speed. ?

I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to come up with a console series but I can't think of any.

Phoenix Wright is really all I can think of and that's mainly cause I'm not huge on handhelds. I'd like to try the series though. I like to try everything I can.

Just now, Splathew said:

Final Fantasy

It's a series I always meant to try but feel it's too late with how many of them there are now.

Each one has it's own story and characters, so it's never too late. Just start with whichever ones look interesting.

@Parker @Stevieboy @BlindMango, can one of you move this to the correct section? 

OT:

Deadspace

Battlefield

Soulsborne (atm)

Killzone

FIFA

Madden

NBA2K or any other big sports titles

Metro series

Far Cry (atm)

Street Fighter

Castlevania

Monster Hunter

Dragon Quest

Phoenix Wright

Danganronpa

Mass effect

Dragon Age

That's all I can think of atm. I'm down to trying all of them. I put atm next to series that I own and plan to play soon ish, but haven't played yet.

Final Fantasy. I've always meant to at the very least play FF7 but haven't gotten around to it, and JRPGs don't really appeal to me (other than Ni No Kuni, but that's mostly because it's a Studio Ghibli game)

Metal Gear Solid. I remember trying to play MGS on PS1 back when I was a more fickle gamer and couldn't be bothered with stealth. I played through the first three acts of MGS4 but stopped after that return to Shadow Moses bit and told myself I'd start from the beginning, especially because I was so confused, but still haven't gotten around to it.

1 hour ago, kevin2013 said:

As popular as they are, I've never laid my hands on an assassin's Creed or battlefield game. I saw a posting on eBay for battlefield 4 for PS3 for $5 and I thought I'd give it a try, it didn't end up working so I thought that was a sign. Skull and Bones and firestorm looks intriguing so I might give them a shot when they release

Dark Souls, Borderlands, Battlefield, JRPGs (other than FFXV (?)), Yakuza, etc.

Never played any of the Arkham games, mass effect, bioshock, resident evil, devil may cry, every type of fighting game, and so much more. Some games get away from me and others I don’t have interest in. Like I just played modern warfare for the first time thanks to ps plus this month. 

Edited by Aceboy9

48 minutes ago, Splathew said:

Final Fantasy

It's a series I always meant to try but feel it's too late with how many of them there are now.

Iirc, much of the series are self-contained, like you could play FFXV without having played the previous games, and not miss anything. 

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

I've never played any of the soulsborne games. They look great and I want to play them but I'm scared to because hard games be hard. 

Just do it man I always avoided them because everyone said they were too hard,  I finally decided to play Bloodborne and after hundreds of deaths it finally just clicked and opened up a whole new genre for me.  I personally believe anyone can beat the soulsborne games it just takes patience.  There is no greater feeling than beating a boss you have died to 15-20 times.

For me its final fantasy,  I have never been interested in them for some reason.

• Like 1

I haven't played a Witcher or Kingdom Hearts game, but I'm stoked to play TW3 and the entire KH franchise over this summer. I already have TW3: Complete Edition.

But of course there are far too many series to name. One for instance, that I'll never play, are the Souls games. I understand they're good games but I'm not prepared to get high cholesterol trying to beat them. That and horror games because I'm a pussy. With that being said I'm a pretty open-minded guy when it comes to trying new games.