The Challenge Trophy in 5 minutes, Guide with explanations and tips

sunashigure1

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing, thank you for this useful forum thread sunashigure1!

I wanted to follow that guide for the final challenge trophy, it seems to be the right one, especially for the tip to take pictures (with a cellphone) sometimes and turn off the PS4 to Rest Mode while solving a puzzle, to stop the timer:

will go for it soon

theGoon44.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, carteloffreedom said:

OK will add you tonight 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, theGoon44 said:

Amazing, thank you for this useful forum thread sunashigure1!

I wanted to follow that guide for the final challenge trophy, it seems to be the right one, especially for the tip to take pictures (with a cellphone) sometimes and turn off the PS4 to Rest Mode while solving a puzzle, to stop the timer:

Thank you and my pleasure!

Appreciate the video you posted, but The Witness got patched and the Rest Mode trick doesn't work anymore.

Tip to take pictures is helpful - I didn't and got lost in the Maze, which costed me some time. Thankfully, you have around 6 minutes and 30 seconds to get all puzzles done, so there is a margin for error. I believe anyone with strong willpower and perseverance will be able to get this trophy. We need more games like this one ^0^

7 hours ago, blazinghelldash said:

The tetris puzzles always get to me hahahaha 

Hahaha, yep.

Tetris in The Witness seems little too unorthodox (compared to the other puzzles), but is a great addition nonetheless.

I try to combine those 2 blocks together in my head, always ^0^

Damn this trophy is frying my head. Im not the best with the tetris ones but I can get them done. I just can't do the pillars. Closest I've got is the last pillar.

I dunno if it's the music that makes me fumble or if I been getting harsh rng. I will keep trying and after watching the vid i got a good tip from the colour puzzle and the right pillar and gonna try it without that damn music

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kazeh54 said:

Damn this trophy is frying my head. Im not the best with the tetris ones but I can get them done. I just can't do the pillars. Closest I've got is the last pillar.

I dunno if it's the music that makes me fumble or if I been getting harsh rng. I will keep trying and after watching the vid i got a good tip from the colour puzzle and the right pillar and gonna try it without that damn music

Aye, it's a very demanding trophy indeed. For pillars try to be "snaky" (zigzaggy) - all my attempts with "straight lines" ended up in failure. That might be just me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Cool thing about pillars is they won't randomise like other puzzles - you could hail mary willy-nilly, in a pinch.

Muting the TV is a good idea, as the music can make people nervous (especially at the end, like you know the time is running out). RNG plays a role as well.

You will get it done, eventually. Fingers crossed for your run.

On a side note, you have an amazing trophy completion rate ^0^ Well done!

5 hours ago, sunashigure1 said:

Muting the TV is a good idea, as the music can make people nervous (especially at the end, like you know the time is running out). RNG plays a role as well.

You will get it done, eventually. Fingers crossed for your run.

On a side note, you have an amazing trophy completion rate ^0^ Well done!

Tried a few runs without the music and it's certainly less stressful. However still no luck yet.

Thanks. I try to 100% every game I play. I know it won't last as eventually I will be bested by a certain trophy. Right now I feel its this 1. Just didn't think my completion would end with a puzzle game lol 

• Like 1

Never mind I got it. Your tips helped for certain. Thanks so much @sunashigure1

- I turned off sound to cut down the adrenaline

- My maze was super easy to navigate

- The colour puzzle seemed so easy when you look at the groupings that are impossible where they were on opposite ends. Spent so much less time with them

- I zigged the shit out of my pillars and made several mistakes, but got it done. 

Final time 5:57

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kazeh54 said:

Never mind I got it. Your tips helped for certain. Thanks so much @sunashigure1

- I turned off sound to cut down the adrenaline

- My maze was super easy to navigate

- The colour puzzle seemed so easy when you look at the groupings that are impossible where they were on opposite ends. Spent so much less time with them

- I zigged the shit out of my pillars and made several mistakes, but got it done. 

Final time 5:57

Very glad to hear it! Your completion won't end that easily ^0^

More than 30 seconds to spare. Not too shabby :)

My pleasure and congrats. You earned it.

• 2 months later...

So I got the glitch to work but under different circumstances. I did my best to time the completion of the 2nd Triangle puzzle, I was a little early but not too early and I waited after pressing X dont press anything. I wanted a little over 10 seconds after the screen went dark but it never took me out of the puzzle. I pressed Circle and Heard the puzzles shut off in the pillar room, thankfully to a comment on youtube, I walked over to the pillars and saw they were off, I held the PS button and closed application, When I reopened the game, I spawned by the 2nd Triangle puzzle with the screen off and heard a sound, I walked to the pillars room and they were on! Infinite time to complete them and satisfying trophy pop!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...