Apocalypse mode - teleport or running

esstee11

Have ANY of you completed apocalypse mode using teleport?

only videos I see of people using teleport in apocalypse... just shows them dying lol. 

only successful youtube vids use the running setting. but thats a fat nope man. no can do.

i'm gutted that the running setting is not an option for me cuz makes me instantly wanna puke bad! :/ so i can only use teleport travel.

EDIT: I have now completed it using teleport, little struggle but it is possible.

Edited by esstee11

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:08 PM, ddd49 said:

Hi guys! I found out about an exploit that makes Apocalyptic mode 10X easier and noticed there wasn't any videos or published articles on it, so I made one and wanted to share this with you guys, hope this helps someone out :D

Thank you so much for this, I had no idea, and I’ve been stuck on the cave level for so long now, this is a huge help

On 10/03/2020 at 0:08 AM, ddd49 said:

Hi guys! I found out about an exploit that makes Apocalyptic mode 10X easier and noticed there wasn't any videos or published articles on it, so I made one and wanted to share this with you guys, hope this helps someone out :D

hot dam thats a great exploit! congrats on the discovery ?

not only apocalypse mode, but this will also surely work in horde mode too which can also be pretty dam hard!

People will be able to breeze the plat now! ...well i hope not too many people cuz i like my 1.22% ultra rare plat lol ? 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, ddd49 said:

Thanks, this was a very useful exploit , although a bit inconsistent at times.

Here's another invaluable tip : once you're done killing all the zombies with the machine gun at the end of Refinery, eject its magazine, just like you would with your gun, and pick it back up. This will grant you max ammo for your gun. Yes you read that right, 300 freaking bullets ! Once you've got them, you're pretty much set for the rest of the game. Credits to my friend @Salamandxrs for the great find.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Thanks, this was a very useful exploit , although a bit inconsistent at times.

Here's another invaluable tip : once you're done killing all the zombies with the machine gun at the end of Refinery, eject its magazine, just like you would with your gun, and pick it back up. This will grant you max ammo for your gun. Yes you read that right, 300 freaking bullets ! Once you've got them, you're pretty much set for the rest of the game. Credits to my friend @Salamandxrs for the great find.

Trust me to read this after literally just beating the damn mode and nearly sweating out a few lbs ?

I didn't find the last few chapters too bad in comparison to the Caves, that level took some serious effort (height glitch isn't too helpful here, kept getting stuck in the darkness). I found my main issue was, low and behold, constantly running out of ammo!

Ah well, just the Deadman Apocalyptic Mode to tackle now and then I am checking out!

My one other tip to anyone reading this. If the zombies get trapped underneath you and you're all out of bullets, walk backwards away from the tv, turn your camera 180, then walk forward. Then repeat again walking back and forth. You'll slowly move in the direction you want to go in, and might save you having to start again. (This saved my ass at the very end of the Trainyard with the unlimited horde spawn).

Edited by ScintillaWolf

13 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Trust me to read this after literally just beating the damn mode and nearly sweating out a few lbs 1f602.png

I didn't find the last few chapters too bad in comparison to the Caves, that level took some serious effort (height glitch isn't too helpful here, kept getting stuck in the darkness). I found my main issue was, low and behold, constantly running out of ammo!

Ah well, just the Deadman Apocalyptic Mode to tackle now and then I am checking out!

My one other tip to anyone reading this. If the zombies get trapped underneath you and you're all out of bullets, walk backwards away from the tv, turn your camera 180, then walk forward. Then repeat again walking back and forth. You'll slowly move in the direction you want to go in, and might save you having to start again. (This saved my ass at the very end of the Trainyard with the unlimited horde spawn).

Caves were a nightmare. I must have died about ten times when waiting for the elevator. Definitely the worst level of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Caves were a nightmare. I must have died about ten times when waiting for the elevator. Definitely the worst level of the game.

See I was struggling with running out of ammo when facing the horde upon removing the lever from the dead guys back. I even died accidentally blowing myself up with a grenade, despite seemingly being well clear of it.

The elevator part I died twice by trying to be clever and rushing into it with the height glitch in use, but my screen went black both times and I got stuck. Died as soon as I repositioned as they had all swarmed me. For some unknown reason I assumed it was an endless wave, but the third time I reached the elevator, I just stayed in the corner and picked them off, not realising there is only about 15 to deal with.

4 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

See I was struggling with running out of ammo when facing the horde upon removing the lever from the dead guys back. I even died accidentally blowing myself up with a grenade, despite seemingly being well clear of it.

The elevator part I died twice by trying to be clever and rushing into it with the height glitch in use, but my screen went black both times and I got stuck. Died as soon as I repositioned as they had all swarmed me. For some unknown reason I assumed it was an endless wave, but the third time I reached the elevator, I just stayed in the corner and picked them off, not realising there is only about 15 to deal with.

Oh I did think it was an endless wave, which probably led me to take unnecessary risks and die a lot. Anyway, glad it's over. ?

Good luck about the DLC. It's overall easier than the main game, except for the end of the second part (when the rocket launches and you get out of the elevator).

3 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Oh I did think it was an endless wave, which probably led me to take unnecessary risks and die a lot. Anyway, glad it's over. 1f605.png

Good luck about the DLC. It's overall easier than the main game, except for the end of the second part (when the rocket launches and you get out of the elevator).

Yeah, currently stuck on that exact part, keep dying once I get out the elevator haha. Honestly can't wait to 100% this and move on. If I had a physical copy I would burn it ?