5 - Dino Crisis 2

6 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

7 - Grand Theft Auto IV

8 - Fallout: New Vegas

9 - Final Fantasy X

10 - Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

Oh man, the good old days.

• Like 1

I had lots fun playing these games, but putting tyhem in a top ten order seems impossible:

1. Ni No Kuni

2. Borderlands 2

3. Assassin's Creed Origins 

4. Kingdom Hearts

5. Final Fantasy Tactics

6. Dragon Quest XI

7. Dark Cloud

8. Last of Us Remastered

9. Skyrim: Enhanced Edition

10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieved

Honorable mentions: Neverwinter, Just Cause 2 and Fortnite Save the World. I dislike Battle Royale with a passion.

I can't put number ranking to games since they're all awesome but here's a few.

Marvel's Spider-Man 

Uncharted 4 (all of them were awesome but 4 best)

Asuras Wrath (pls capcom ps4 remaster)

GTA V

Assassins Creed 2(Followed very very closely by IV Black Flag and then again very very closely by Origins)

Bayonetta (please bring 2 to ps, don't want to buy a whole new console for 1 game)

Gravily Rush (absolutely awesome indie that everyone should try)

Infamous 2

God of War 2018

Monster Hunter World (love/hate relationship)

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:38 AM, Spaz said:

Very nice selection.

Streets of Rage 2 and ToeJam & Earl were the fucking shit back in the day. Streets of Rage 2 has some of the best 16 bit music in any 16 bit game or 16 bit inspired game. ToeJam & Earl was a SEGA exclusive with two hip hop aliens who crash land on Earth. Played this a ton with my older sister.

Yeah the soundtrack of SoR2 is probably one of the best ost of all time (if not the best). I'm so hyped for Streets of Rage 4!

Toe Jam & Earl is criminally underrated imo. A remake has been released recently, Toe Jam & Earl Back in the Groove (I'm playing it right now) and it's pretty good, up to 4 players online! 

Flashback is a bit interesting. It has a sort of Another World vibe to it. Blizzard borrowed and stole a lot from Flashback to make Blackthorne, a rather obscure 2-D platformer that had a password save system.

Flashback was groundbreaking at the time with its neat animations and sci-fi scenario. I guess the devs were fans of Schwarzenegger because you find a lot of influence from his movies: Total Recall, Running Man, Terminator...:giggle:

Secret of Mana was pretty good, but Chrono Trigger is definitely my favorite game from Square and my favorite JRPG of all time. Earthbound is probably in my top 2 or 3 favorite JRPGs. Final Fantasy 3 (Final Fantasy 6 in some regions) was also pretty decent.

Damn, I can't believe I forgot Chrono Trigger :facepalm: you're right it is superior. Played it a lot but still haven't seen all the endings (I read there are 13 different endings). Not a big fan of FF though, never finished 6 (or 3 in US).

I forgot how many versions Capcom made on Street Fighter 2. Still think Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers was the best one of them all. Loved that Bruce Lee inspired character and that Jamaican kick boxer.

Yeah too many versions, I lost count too. I picked that version because that's the one I was playing on Arcade before getting it on console.

Edited by FrenchDevil54

My most recent list. Will be reviewed at end of the year. I say that because REmake drops in and out of my top 10 all the time.

1) Bloodborne (New entry)
1) NieR Automata (New entry)
3) Final Fantasy VIII
4) Dark Souls (Remaster version played) (New entry)
5) Metal Gear Solid
6) The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
7) Silent Hill 2
8) Resident Evil (Remake) (New entry)
9) Bethesda open world games (FO3,4; Elder Scrolls IV, V)
10) Battlefield Bad Company 2

• Like 1

1. Persona 3 FES/Portable

2. Persona 4 Golden

3. Halo 2

4. Halo 3

5. Halo Reach

6. Halo: Combat Evolved

7. Persona 5

8. Fallout New Vegas

9. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

10. GTA San Andreas

I'm a big fan of Persona and Halo, as you can see. ?

• Like 1

In no particular order. I could name a lot of games from various series but I'll try to limit to ones I enjoyed most.

1) Final Fantasy X

2) Witcher 3

3) Diablo 2 (include LoD) 

4) Shining Force 2

5) Red Dead Redemption 2

6) The Last of Us

7) Dragon Age 2

8) Uncharted 2

9) Assassins Creed: Black Flag

10) Metal Gear Sold 3: Snake Eater

What a hard list to make. I am sure I could think of 10 of my favorite series/single games. 

In no particular order. 

Resident Evil (series)
Life is Strange (single game)
Uncharted (Series)
Tekken (series)
Assassin's Creed (Series)
Metal Gear Solid (series)
BioShock (series)
Souls/Borne (series((Demon's souls, dark souls 1-3, bloodborne)))
Kingdom Hearts (series)
Borderlands (series)

so hard to narrow a list down. I could add a bunch of other games to this. or things I have played and beat multiple times. Just not easy to limit to just 10. 

A tough list for me, to be sure. But here goes nothing:

1. Final Fantasy III (SNES) - numbered VI in Japan, this game absolutely knocked me out when it was released. It was light years ahead of other console RPG offerings.
  2.  (but really 1A) - Valkyrie Profile (PS1) - It's hard to believe that such a flawed game could still be so high on my list. I've beaten it no fewer than 15 times over the years, most recently 2 years ago. I will most likely pick it up again sometime. 
  3. Persona 4 (PS2) - I caught this one at the end of the PS2 cycle (so much at the end that I played it on the PS3). I liked P3:FES, but this game just blew me away. Dispensing with the secret government organization stuff really helped. Having just a club for students made the game so much more...believable (as ridiculous as that sounds about a game where an ancient Japanese deity is trying to enslave a town)
  4. Dark Cloud 2 (PS2) - While I enjoyed the original Dark Cloud, DC2 just had so much...STUFF in it. The characters were much more likable as well.
  5. Dark Souls (PS3) - I had liked Demon's Souls, but nothing prepared me for the awesomeness of Dark Souls. I can pick it up and play it to this day, even on PS3
  6. Dragon Quest VII (PS1) - critics didn't like it, but this game more than any other sequel since IV really felt like an extension of the Dragon Warrior games I played on the NES. Additions like the Monster Park were just icing on the cake.
  7. Suikoden II (PS1) - I remember this game just coming out of left field. I had played and enjoyed Suikoden, but it was ultimately a 15 hour RPG, Suikoden II added so much to the original game in terms of story and content, but kept that fast-paced combat and leveling in place. The hidden storylines only added to the fun, and multiple (distinguishable) endings added even more. And how many games let you load data from the previous one to unlock NEW content? Nowadays, this would be paid DLC, but back then, you could only get the (overpowered) MC from Suikoden from having played the original game and completing it with 108 stars.
  8. Super Mario World (SNES) - I had loved all the previous Mario games, but this one really resonated with me. It was the first time I really wanted to unlock everything possible.
  9. Final Fantasy (NES) - no list would be complete without the RPG that started my love for the genre. I had played games like Ultima III and IV, and while I liked them, they were kind of clunky. By comparison, Final Fantasy reduced the scale immensely, but buttressed up things like story and gameplay. it was a great experience, and I still remember saving money for the steel armor...and then wondering why I wasted all that time saving money for the steel armor.
  10. Persona 5 (PS4) - I've liked a lot of games from the PS4 generation, but I haven't loved them...except for P5. While not as good as P4 to me, it is still the most memorable experience on the system. The style, the music, the bosses - it just works so well.

I'm sure there are plenty I'm leaving out, but this is what comes to mind.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy XII TZA

Metroid Prime

Valkyria Chronicles 3

Atelier Meruru

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (+ Golden Country)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Trails in the Sky FC

Gal*Gun Double Peace

Senran Kagura Estival vs

Probably something like this when choosing only one game from a series. I'm not too fond of listing tons of legacy titles I haven't played in ages, although they might have been impactful experiences at the time. These are more games/series that I think would make me happy playing them right now. I'd like to squeeze in some MGS, Star Ocean, maybe even Morrowind, but this will have to do for now.

• Like 1

In alphabetical order:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Borderlands 2

Fire Emblem Awakening

God of War (2018)

The Last of Us

Life Is Strange

Metal Gear Solid

Overwatch

Persona 5

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Also want to shout out the Pokemon and Uncharted franchises; two of my top five favorite gaming series, but ultimately I couldn't put a game for them in the list like the other three (Animal Crossing, MGS, and Borderlands).

Let's see:

1- Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

2- Final Fantasy VIII- VI -VII

3- Persona Series

4- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2

5- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

6- Silent Hill Series

7- Zelda: Ocarina of Time

8- Super Mario World

9- Super Mario 64

10- Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

(Bonus) - Bayonetta - Catherine - Souls/Borne Series - Uncharted games - Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha...

I love Atlus games, they're the best!!! Resultado de imagen para shin megami tensei nocturne protagonist

No particularly order...

• The Last of Us 

• Mickey‘s Magical Quest (SNES)

• Max Payne 3

• Red Dead Redemption 2

• Super Mario Sunshine

• Metal Gear Solid I (PS1)

• The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

• BioShock 

• Bioshock Infinite

• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

In no particular order and I probably forgot some...

1. Fallout 3

2. God of War 2

3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

4. Dragon Age: Origins

5. GTA: San Andreas

6. Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction

7. Dark Souls

8. Dead Space

9. Bioshock

10. Bayonetta

1. The legend of heroes: ao no kiseki

2. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

3. Persona 3

4. Final Fantasy IX

5. Dragon Quest V

6. Bloodborne 

7. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

8. Resident Evil 2

9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations 

10. Hitman 2 (2018)

Ugh only 10. This is going to be tough as hell. Here we go, not in order: 

Games from series with more than one deserving entry, awkwardly narrowed down to 1 apiece:

-Breath of the Wild 

-God of War 3

-Grand Theft Auto Vice City 

-Uncharted 3

-007 Everything or Nothing

-Doom (1993): I was really tempted to put the PS4 reboot instead but it’s hard to argue against the classic

Other games (some are part of series too but I haven’t played enough of those series):

-Skyrim (never played Oblivion or Morrowind so pass judgement accordingly)

-Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

-I-Ninja (I really wanted this game to be more popular because I had a blast with it)

-Need for Speed Most Wanted PS2 (yes it’s in a series but IMO it’s the only game that deserves a top 10 spot)

If Hyrule Warriors is considered not a part of the Zelda series (since it’s not part of the Zelda canon), I would bump off NFS for it. 

Now I will leave this place before I realize that I forgot something I totally love and feel the need to constantly edit my list. (Edit: forgot all about RDR :( )

Edited by DBTrophyGuy