Everyone's top 10 favorite games

ObsiEez

I see a lot of the usual suspects, so I'm going to go with online games I still install and play here and there.

1. Tribes 2

128 Players w/ vehicles and jetpacks. Best time ever. Way more fun than Battlefield. Difficult though because weapons are projectile based and require leading/arc and timing. 

2. Rust

Home invasion simulator? Yes and also life lessons about trusting people and a healthy dose of anxiety. Seriously though, a lot of fun brutal FPS.

3. Natural Selection 2

This game is great. Player vs creature players. Team based FPS but also has a captain role that's kinda RTS. Like Tribes, I can talk about this game all day.

4. Half Life 2 ( and mods like Dystopia)

5. Titanfall 2

6. Warcraft III

7. Age of Empires II

8. Unreal Tournament 2k4

9. Neverwinter Nights

10. Portal 2

I miss the old days of creating mods/sounds/textures/etc. and being able to drop them into a folder and use them.

Also the list would be different if certain games weren't a PITA to install on Winblows 10 or had a community server option since the official servers are closed.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD

10.- Yugioh franchise games.

9.- Kingdom Hearts 1

8.- Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)

7.- The King of Fighters 97 (Arcade/Neo Geo)

6.- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Xbox/PS2)

5..- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

4.- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3)

3.- Mortal Kombat II

2.- God of War 3

1.- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

1) bioshock 

2) bioshock 2

3) system shock 

4) system shock 2

5) Soma

6) heroes of might and magic 2&3 are tied

7) last of Us

8) x men legends

9) elder scrolls online (2000+ hours in this one)

10) bioshock infinite (barely makes it in but hey let's pretend it's as good as the first 2 or even good as system shock 1 or 2)

10: Skyrim

Great game, had a lot of fun with it. Lost out "points" to Dark Souls Combat and recently for glitched PS3 trophies. Would be higher up otherwise.

09: Horizon Zero Dawn

I enjoyed the story and machine fights so much, it was a gift and I didn't had it on my radar, fantastic surprise.

08: Rocket League

My first PS4 game, got it for free in PS+ and had so many fun hours.

07: Life is Strange

Chloe is my most favourite character in any video game up to this point. Sadly the last decision you make in the game was cleary one sided, you can see it in the quality of the endings imo.

06: Detroit: Become Human

I took so much from this game. I really like all 3 plots, yes even Marcus, honestly Marcus is my favourite story. For me it's Marcus -> Kara -> Connor.

05: Witcher 3

Amazing story, amazing world, amazing side stories, Gwent is way more fun than other minigames in the series. Don´t like the combat so much though.

04: Prison Architect

Sometimes I just let my prisons run over night to see if my system is working. Adding some QoL mods on PC for even more fun.

03: Minecraft

Let's be real, minecraft is amazing. You can be creative, you can try your best in hardcore mode, trolling your friends.

02: Factorio

Yet another building game. The factory must grow! Best PC game imo. Getting the ratios in your factory just right is such an amazing feeling

01: Dark Souls series

The whole series is fantastic. Those games changed the way I'm looking at combat systems. It "ruined" every other close combat game for me. The sense of accomplishment you get for beating a boss after many tries, killing an invader while carrying a bunch of souls, finding secrets, slowly painting the picture as a whole with all the small pieces of lore you get from items. I could go on, but the list would go on and on, longer than I can tell.

• Like 2

Pretty much all of my favourites have stayed the same with the exception of Three Houses:

#1 NieR (PS3)

#2 Danganronpa 2 (Vita)

#3 Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

#4 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (DS)

#5 Corpse Party: Blood Covered - Repeated Fear (PSP)

#6 Persona 3 (PS2)

#7 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)

#8 Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations (DS)

#9 Yakuza 4 (PS3)

#10 Ever 17: The Out of Infinity (PC)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

1. Yakuza 5 ( 龍が如く5)  (PS4)

2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3   (PS4)

3. Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

4. Quake II

5. Forza Motorsport 6

6. Splinter Cell: Convictions

7. Street Fighter II

8. Mortal Kombat II

9. Battlefield 4

10. WWE: HCTP

--

Notables:

Yakuza Ishin

Super Mario

Mike Tyson Punch-Out

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

In no order:

1) Metal Gear Solid (PS1) 

2) Valkyrie Profile (PS1) 

3) Odin Sphere (PS2) 

4) Persona 3: FES (PS2) 

5) Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) 

6) THE IDOLM@STER 2 (PS3) 

7) Okami HD (PS3)

8) Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) 

9) The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)  

10) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (NDS) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Probably, my list will be more Nintendo related because I grew up with that company rather than any other, but any ways, as I can see, I have my personal TOP 10 Best Games so, here it goes:

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  2. Super Mario World (SNES)
  3. Pokémon Red (GBC)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
  5. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
  6. Halo: Reach (X360)
  7. Batallion Wars (GCN)
  8. Chrono Trigger (Mobile)
  9. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
  10. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

Hmmm I don't want to sit and dwell on this, but if I had to choose off the top of my head in no particular order it would be as follows.....

1. God of War II

2. God of War III

3. Dead Space 2

4. Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

5. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

6. Resident Evil 4

7. Power Stone 2

8. Batman Arkham City

9. Ninja Gaiden Sigma

10. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 

I would need a top 20 list because I would want to include SF3 and SF4, but this was just a quick little list. Ugh Sonic Adventure as well!!!! Anyway this was just a quick list. lol  

It's probably my nostalgia talking, but off the top off my head:

1. Half-life

2. Half-life 2

3. Starcraft

4. Oblivion

5. The Last of Us

5. Bioshock Infinite 

6. Freelancer

7. Hitman 2

8. Red Alert 2

9. Dark Souls

10. Warcraft 3

(11.) Jade Empire 

(12.) Fallout 3

(13.) San Andreas

(14.) The binding of Isaac

(15.) Papers Please

(16.) The Witcher 

(17.) Mass effect 1

(18.) Divinity: Original Sin

(19.) Caesar 3

(20.) KOTOR

I love all of these. Out of these only Freelancer, The Witcher, Red Alert 2, Warcraft 3 and Caeser 3 are pc only. (I think.) 

Some may not the best of their respectable series, but left the biggest impression on me.

Edited by Bratinov
Typos, adding things...

In no particular order:

- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

- The Last Of Us

- Nier Automata

- Hollow Knight

- The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

- Persona 5 

- God Of War

- Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

Honorable mentions:

- Uncharted 4

- Pokémon Emerald 

- The Talos Principle 

- Gears Of War 3

Note that I still have to play Red Dead Redemption 2 and am still getting around to finishing Bloodborne so the list will surely change as time passes.

Also I don't own a Nintendo Switch.

• Like 1

1. GTA San Andreas
  2. Gothic 3
  3. Minecraft
  4. Skyrim
  5. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
  6. GTA Liberty City Stories
  7. Stardew Valley
  8. League of Legends
  9. Sonic DX Adventure
  10. Flatout 2

Followed by Advance Wars 2, GTA V, Fallout 4 and some Spongebob games. From an objective point of view the best game I have ever played was Red Dead Redemption 2 but it just feels too fresh.

Most of these I've played as a kid, so I have tons of good memories with them. For example there was a Minecraft server I played on during 2012-2014 and I would call it the best gaming experience I have ever had by far and certainly will ever have. Some games I even bought several times like San Andreas. Got it like 4 times for various platforms just to experience the nostalgia again.

1. Nier; Automata

2. FFXV

3. God Eater 3

4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

5. Breath of the Wild

6. The House in Fata Morgana

7. Persona 5

8. Steins;Gate/Chaos;Child

9. Ys VIII

10.Tales of Berseria

This is my current top 10. Would have to break it down by genre to include other jrpg's and vn's that I absolutely love. Nice reading everyone's lists!

1. The Last Of Us

2. All of the Uncharted series ?

3. Bioshock Infinite

4. God Of War

5. Until Dawn

6. L.A. Noire

7. Resident Evil 4

8. Red Faction 1 

9. Devil May Cry 1

10. Tekken 3

Edited by Adam-1996-888
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) 
2. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES) 
3. Super Mario 64 (N64) 
4. GoldenEye 007 (N64) 
5. Mega Man X (SNES) 
6. Dark Souls III (PS4) 
7. God of War II (PS2) 
8. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) 
9. Tekken 3 (PS1) 
10. Super Meat Boy (PS4) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in 1983, so my gaming experience goes way back to the original Game Boy. Despite three decades of playing video games, it's actually not that hard for me to pick my top favorite games of all time. This is mainly because the gaming landscape of today has become very "more of the same". Ubisoft games for example have basically all the same formula and are boring as fuck. They're just not interesting. Not to mention gambling mechanics, microtransactions and the overall feel of purchasing a pretty much worthless product.

So, without further ado, here are my top 10 games of all time (in no particular order):

Final Fantasy X (2001)

To me there has always been the back and forth between this and XII on which is my favorite FF game. As of today, X takes the cake. But it's so close it doesn't really matter. Both games have fantastic sountracks and great battle systems.

Super Metroid (1994)
Well, for me, this game will probably always be one of best games ever made. The controls are smooth and intuitive, the soundtrack still absolutely incredible, the learning curve simply perfect.

Fallout 3 (2008)

There's probably no game I've put more hours into. I've got the platinum on at least 23 different accounts... plus on Xbox 360. Despite severe technical issues, this is a masterpiece that begs to be remastered.

Gran Turismo 4 (2005)

I can keep it short here. The GT series has always been a standout franchise. The fourth game being arguably the best.

Secret of Evermore (1995)

Oh, boy! SoE was the first game I've ever purchased. It was 27 December 1996, my 13th birthday. Even though many criticized it for being relatively short and having hefty difficulty spikes, I never really cared about that. The games still looks gorgeous and its outstanding soundtrack sparked my interest in game music. It's a bloody shame that Square never re-released it anwhere.

Soulcalibur IV (2008)

Well, I've been a huge SC fan since the good ol' Dreamcast days. I've spent hundreds of hours with every game, but the fourth one was the first that had online play. In the end, my in-game timer stopped at 999 hours. I just love it. Too bad the series went downhill in recent years...

Silent Hill 2 (2001)

Released at a time when survival horror games were reaching their absolute prime, Konami were firing on all cylinders in 2001 with Metal Gear Solid 2 being released a few weeks later. Silent Hill 2 is by far the best game this genre has ever seen. Voice acting, sound effects, the disturbing story, and the incredible soundtrack make for an absolute terrifying experience. If you've never played this masterpiece, get yourself a PS2 and just do it. All other versions are inferior.

Tony Hawk's Underground (2003)
There have always been debates whether THUG or THPS4 is the best entry in the series. Both games are nearly flawless. I prefer the 2003 game due to its better level design and awesome choice of music. I'm happy to see that the remake of the first two games turned out to be really good.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991)

I don't think this game needs a further comment.

Super Mario 64 (1996)

Another game that revolutionized the industry. Even after 24 years, this game still plays and feels fantastic. If you played it when it was new, this experience was just magical.

Edited by Santa_in_Sandals
  • Like 2

This list is in Alphabetical order:

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

2. Borderlands 1 (PS3/PC)

3. Final Fantasy X (PS2/PS Vita)

4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

5. Luigi’s Mansion (NGC)

6. Persona 3 Portable (PS Vita)

7. Sly 2 (PS2/PS3)

8. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

9. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

10. Super Smash Bros. Melee (NGC)

The Italics describe what console I played the game on. The Bold gives a “brief” explanation.

Batman: AA - This game was one of two reasons I decided for getting a PS3. I played through this game countless of time, plat it on multiple occasions, and the game still feels fresh each and every time I go through it.

Borderlands 1 - This game takes me back to playing with my friends online and was my first co-op experience. I still dive back in every so often just to replay it either solo or with friends. I ended up purchasing this game 6 different times, too.

Bought the game with friends, then I had it via plus, then I bought a physical copy, then I bought the JP import, then I bought the PC one on Steam, and then I picked up the PS4 just before the COVID. Honestly, if it is released on PS5...they will get my money.

Final Fantasy X - This was the first game I ever played in the series. Even though I own all 3 versions of 13, I haven’t played a single one. My friend lent me his vita copy of X and I fell in love. He bet me I couldn’t plat the game. Boy, did I prove him wrong ?. 

In the end, I enjoyed the game and still have it on my vita. I also purchased it again on the PS2 and PS3–which I lent out, still haven’t gotten back, btw.

LoZ: TW - This was one of my first games on the Wii. Although, people still dislike it for changing Link from left handed to right handed to comply with the Wii controls.

I liked the environment, the music, the characters, and the dungeons. For the time, the graphics felt ahead of its time. I never felt so immersed in an open world game before up to that point. 

You never forget your first. ;)

Luigi’s Mansion - Speaking of firsts, this was my first GameCube title. It was also my first console and this game and Sonic Adventure 2 were my first 2 games. 

Although I got this on launch, I didn’t beat it until 2005 - 2006. I was always scared of this game growing up and when I finally got the courage to play it, I never got farther than Shivers, the Wandering Butler. It wasn’t until my neighbors moved in and I befriended them that they showed me how to pass this stage. 

Ever since that day, I’ve beaten this game over a dozen times and make it a tradition to play it once a year, at least. My fastest Speedrun (no glitches) is a little under 4 hours to 100% (getting the biggest Mansion).

P3P- As someone who transitioned from the PS2 classic to this remake, I can honestly say this is the best version. The controls have been improved, combat has gotten better, the social links and new characters really did it for me. They used P4 as a template, and remade the game from the bottom.

FeMC is by far one of the best characters in the game and I will always hook up with Akihiko every run. I liked how the dialogue improved and I can romance all the SEES members. We don’t talk about Ken, though. No children were harmed...At least, not until Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Sly 2 - This is the only game I like in the series. I ended up getting 100% in-game, even though I didn’t have to. Enough said.

I disliked 1 for being a platformer and 3 for not knowing what the f it tried to be.

Super Mario Galaxy - This is my favorite 3D Mario and is the only game I completed to 100%. I played this over the years and I remember how livid I got doing those challenge levels where you had to beat a boss without taking damage, or beating the races with the awful Wii controls. The best reward I could’ve gotten for 100%ing the game was getting to replay it as Green Mario.

I can’t wait for the triple pack later this month.

Super Paper Mario - Although the weakest of the 3 in the Main series, the latter ones don’t exist imho, this is by far the best. It is an underrated gem that not only improves on the little things that made the predecessors so great, it also adds a new way to turn into Paper. Although getting cursed and made fun was probably the best way to introduce an ability. 

The best part was you got more characters to play as, new recipes, a trading card game, puns and references, and an actually good story—don’t @ me about it. 

This game deserves better. It truly is one of a kind. 

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Last, but not least is the game I play religiously. 

I played this game late in the NGC cycle after a “friend” came over and introduced me to it. I ended up buying it shortly after—glad I did, too. This game has skyrocketed in price thanks in part to the community revitalizing the scene. 

I may not be proficient enough with it, but I know how to Waveshine with Falco and Moonwalk with Falcon and the Link bois. I spent an ungodly amount of time. If I had to give it a number, I’d say about 600+ hours, and that is just on Versus.

Once I get my Capture Card, I may start running streams for it. I don’t like recording it as is, given nobody is watching and I just feel bored playing with no audience. But, it is a good stress reliever.

My friends have made it a rule to never play Melee, mention it, or even bring a Controller, so as to avoid playing against me. I tend to beat my friends in the game and the only one I still get challenged to is Brawl, which I’d rather not think about. Still wish I could run dolphin on my computer, I need that Netplay function in my life. Melee HD 2021, anybody?

Im gonna go play this right now, actually.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...