Your characters preference?

VirtualNight

Best characters for HARD and MR.PERFECT?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you recommend for the HARD run?

2. 2. Who do you recommend for the MR.PERFECT run?

The trophy guides give this crucial choice up to your preferences explaining weakness and advantages, but since i currently can't take this decision i'd like to hear from the others who they used for the 2 hardest runs for the 100%, so the HARD run and the PERFECT one.

If you'd like to, please motivate your choice thanks ?

Edited by VirtualNight

5 hours ago, Vergil said:

I used Proto :)

You know, i do not like the damage he takes, i'm going with mega man for HARD, i'm using my turbo to quickly shoot and is so damnly helpful.

The guide states you can't save during Winy Castle, but just like with normal difficulty if you die i guess you can get the shop menu, right?

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

You know, i do not like the damage he takes, i'm going with mega man for HARD, i'm using my turbo to quickly shoot and is so damnly helpful.

The guide states you can't save during Winy Castle, but just like with normal difficulty if you die i guess you can get the shop menu, right?

Can´t really remember since it was long time ago. Sorry

I used Proto man for Mr Perfect cuz his shield and slide ability are extremely useful.

For hard mode I used Mega Man, cuz he can tank allot of damage.

Ohhh and by the way. You can save during the Wily stages...but it will put you right back at the start once you reload the game on normal and hard difficulty.

I found this out the hard way ?

As for using shops in the Wily stages when you die Im unsure on this one as I didn’t actually need to use a continue.

Just go in to it fully stocked and save your half damage item for the boss rush. It should be ok.

Edited by KaKrackle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

I used Proto man for Mr Perfect cuz his shield and slide ability are extremely useful.

For hard mode I used Mega Man, cuz he can tank allot of damage.

Ohhh and by the way. You can save during the Wily stages...but it will put you right back at the start once you reload the game on normal and hard difficulty.

I found this out the hard way 1f621.png

As for using shops in the Wily stages when you die Im unsure on this one as I didn’t actually need to use a continue.

Just go in to it fully stocked and save your half damage item for the boss rush. It should be ok.

Thanks, i grinded screws and items for the hard run with mega man (Chill and Commando stages) and this made the run itself quite easy.

Definitely Proto is the way for the perfect run, i still have to understand how his slide can come in handy but his shield is definitely a life-safer.

Shop can be used even on hard if you die, so with all items + 999 screws the last 3 stages (Blocks boss, all Robot Masters and Wily) is an easy win.

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

Thanks, i grinded screws and items for the hard run with mega man (Chill and Commando stages) and this made the run itself quite easy.

Definitely Proto is the way for the perfect run, i still have to understand how his slide can come in handy but his shield is definitely a life-safer.

Shop can be used even on hard if you die, so with all items + 999 screws the last 3 stages (Blocks boss, all Robot Masters and Wily) is an easy win.

Hmmmm I would say the slide ability is pretty useful for a few bosses as you wont have to time your dodging quite so accurately. I wouldnt go as far as to say it’s essential though.

Proto Man for Mr perfect and Mega Man for hard mode but if you dont have any issue buying Bass Dlc I can def say after getting 100% on Legacy Collection 2 that Bass is the best for both, he has a jetpack, dash and also the ability to shoot in multiple directions which makes both Willy fights easier than doing them with Proto or Mega. For Hard mode I suggest farming screws to make the Willy stages easier, but keep in mind like KaKrackle said that if you die(empty your lifes) or quit to main menu you have to start the Willy stages from scratch, only Easy mode allows saving between stages. Good luck ?

Edited by INinjaRaidenI
Adding more info
  • Like 2

On 21/3/2019 at 1:16 AM, INinjaRaidenI said:

Proto Man for Mr perfect and Mega Man for hard mode but if you dont have any issue buying Bass Dlc I can def say after getting 100% on Legacy Collection 2 that Bass is the best for both, he has a jetpack, dash and also the ability to shoot in multiple directions which makes both Willy fights easier than doing them with Proto or Mega. For Hard mode I suggest farming screws to make the Willy stages easier, but keep in mind like KaKrackle said that if you die(empty your lifes) or quit to main menu you have to start the Willy stages from scratch, only Easy mode allows saving between stages. Good luck 1f60e.png

Thanks for your tip sharing, main thing that stopped me from trying with Bass was the fact he has to not move to shoot with his main weapon, that sounds weird to me.

In the end i went for the runs as KaKrackle suggested, the slide ability of Proto was so damnly helpful for Perfect once i got the bosses' patterns especially for Chill whose jump was giving me trouble. Although the shield is great, on Easy there aren't many bullets to block so maybe Bass would have been better, but surely i won't go for Perfect again just to test that ?.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I just finished my Mr. Perfect run with Bass... I cannot thank enough for the creation of this character, as it is one of those rare occasions where a non-trophy DLC is really worth paying for.

Bass is designed to handle all situations where normally MegaMan and ProtoMan would struggle. His buster can shoot in 8 directions making it very useful to kill enemies from safe distance, his dash ability let's you escape just as fast as ProtoMan's slide, and he can use Trebble as a jetpack to make trivial those levels where you have to  navigate through long corridors filled with hazards and enemies, specially the very last level with tiny drills that spawn non-stop from both the floor AND the ceiling!

The only downside I see on Bass is that his buster shots deals half damage, but since he has turbo shooting by default, all you have to do is hold the shoot button and enemies will die in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds. This is not a problem for boss fights since you will using all the other weapons they are weak against.

Edited by CaracciaMan
Typo