stuck loading at 98%

melodicmizery

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8.4.2019 at 0:53 AM, melodicmizery said:

i ended up being able to fix it. to long to type out how and to tired to care right now lol.

This happend to me too... how do I fix this?

This game is borderline unplayable for me even in 2021: crashed three times on me now and every time the savedata is corrupted and without backup I would have to start from scratch. Also the game gets stuck loading in the last level the second time. 

I really like the concept of the game and I don't mind the bad graphics and physics that much but the technical flaws this game has really kill any fun one could have with this title. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 3:56 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

This happend to me too... how do I fix this?

This game is borderline unplayable for me even in 2021: crashed three times on me now and every time the savedata is corrupted and without backup I would have to start from scratch. Also the game gets stuck loading in the last level the second time. 

I really like the concept of the game and I don't mind the bad graphics and physics that much but the technical flaws this game has really kill any fun one could have with this title. 

i started to write a trophy guide for this game months ago but ditched it do to a alternative trophy site being anal about my guides not being good enough yet approving half assed guides that do nothing more but repeat the title of the trophy in their descriptions. anyways, this is what i wrote in my notes on how i fixed it

Glitches/Bugs
Loading Error Bug. I encountered this during one campaign run which ended up helping me find the most important helpfull glitch ever on accident. ( We will get to that later). At the second to last race before the boss when i would finish the race i would get stuck at 98% loading after i finished the race. I would then have to close the application. This would then let me restart at that level with all my temp upgrades lost. What i realized was there is 2 alternative random maps before the boss. The race always froze at the end loading. But when i quit out and reloaded on the much smaller road race it would progress. It seemed to alternate back and forth between maps. This never happened on any run except that one. I backed my save up and tested the theory of playing the alternative map and it always progressed while the other race map always froze. So if you ever freeze on loading, simply close the app and continue campaign and the next randomized map should work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i started to write a trophy guide for this game months ago but ditched it do to a alternative trophy site being anal about my guides not being good enough yet approving half assed guides that do nothing more but repeat the title of the trophy in their descriptions. anyways, this is what i wrote in my notes on how i fixed it

Glitches/Bugs
Loading Error Bug. I encountered this during one campaign run which ended up helping me find the most important helpfull glitch ever on accident. ( We will get to that later). At the second to last race before the boss when i would finish the race i would get stuck at 98% loading after i finished the race. I would then have to close the application. This would then let me restart at that level with all my temp upgrades lost. What i realized was there is 2 alternative random maps before the boss. The race always froze at the end loading. But when i quit out and reloaded on the much smaller road race it would progress. It seemed to alternate back and forth between maps. This never happened on any run except that one. I backed my save up and tested the theory of playing the alternative map and it always progressed while the other race map always froze. So if you ever freeze on loading, simply close the app and continue campaign and the next randomized map should work. 

Yeah, this is also the only solution I found. Unfortunately you lose all your XP from this run as well as all upgrades you bought during this run making the final boss borderline impossible with some characters. Actually this happens to me almost every time in the "normal" campaign, making it extremely frustrating to play this game for me because of this glitch. Fortunately I don't have any problems with campaign+ mode besides the fact that it is way more difficult and time consuming. 

Thanks for your reply anyway! 

• Like 1