Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! trophy thoughts

16 hours ago, Geridian said:

Finished Chocobo´s Memories today with Shinryu Fight. But didn´t get the Light Saddle, Ultima Talons and Omega Saddle in those last floors. I know that i need to tackle Shinryu again for BP, but the question is: Do these three items (Light Saddle, Ultima Talons and Omega Saddle) only drop in Chocobo´s Memories or do they drop in the Infinite Dungeon as well?

I'm struggling with this as well, according to the old wiki, you can get them on 90-99F in Chocobo's Dungeon but I've done it 5 times and not gotten a single Ultima Talon or Omega Saddle, I did get the Light and Dark Saddles and Talons however.

As far as I can tell, you can't get the Ultima Talon or the Omega Saddle in the Infinite Dungeon either, I have found Light Talons after Floor 250 though.

At this point i'm starting to wonder if you need to steal the Ultima Talon and Omega Saddle from Shinryu or something.

Edited by Sedragun
Clarification

So I just finished the 500th Floor of the Infinite Dungeon and thought I'd share some notes if anyone is interested or would like to prepare themselves ahead of time.

As a side note, it seems that the Ultima Talon is now called the Alpha Talon and they dropped from the 500F Boss.

Spoiler

First off I recommend having at least +95 Irma's Talon and Volg's Saddle with the All-Brand on both, this is what I used to get through. Also bring a Ribbon Collar.

You will encounter a boss every 50 floors, most of these bosses will be joke if you're geared and max level, however the 350F Boss is The Destroyer and the 450F boss is Shinryu, both of these bosses can ruin your run if you aren't prepared so make sure you have easy access to Protect/Shell and plenty of healing.

The big ticket here is the 500F boss, Omega, this guy is tricky to say the least so I compiled a few notes as I fought him, I managed to beat him first try (Thank god). I hope these notes help in some way.

Omega - 10,000 HP (Begins flashing when less than 3000 HP)

Skills:
Mustard Bomb - Single Target Ranged, 41 damage + Stun
Wave Cannon - Single Lane AoE, Takes 1 turn to charge, 450-470 damage, causes Confusion
Flamethrower - Short Range 2x2 AoE, 50-90 damage, leaves lingering burn damage on the ground which ticks for 35-40 damage
Atomic Ray - 1-3 Lane AoE, 170-240 damage
Spread Missile - Single Target, 109 damage, causes Immobilize
Encircle - Will strip any buffs you have
Accelerator - Casts Haste on himself
Self-Repair - Heals himself for 500 HP, casts Protect and Shell on himself and cleanses any debuffs he has

(Damage Numbers are based on having +95 Volg Saddle with All-Brand and playing White Mage, other classes may take more or less damage depending on their inherent stats.)

Notes:

His Shell/Protect status negate 95% of damage rather than the regular 50% so be extremely careful of which attacks you use. He also starts with Shell active. 

I recommend bringing plenty of Damaging Drinks and/or Explosive Drinks as they penetrate his Protect/Shell status and can do upwards of 999 damage per use depending on his remaining health.      (I really can't stress how useful this is, it's the only reason I won really.)

As far as I could tell, he will immediately try to strip Shell/Protect/Manaward from you but he won't try to strip Raise so bringing Phoenix Magicite and Phoenix Downs is recommended.

Once he begins flashing, his Wave Cannon became a 2 turn charge attack, I assume this means the damage/range will have increased as well, potentially becoming an insta-kill but I didn't want to risk it so I negated it with Manaward.

He can be slowed but will almost immediately cast Accelerator to counter it each time, however having him in Haste status can be devastating so you need to counter with Slow as soon as possible, he doesn't seem inclined to spam Accelerator to maintain Haste so this should be effective.

• Like 4

@Sedragun Thank you very much for sharing this!

I recommend bringing plenty of Damaging Drinks and/or Explosive Drinks as they penetrate his Protect/Shell status and can do upwards of 999 damage per use depending on his remaining health.      (I really can't stress how useful this is, it's the only reason I won really.)

- Damaging Drinks and/or Explosive Drinks >> You did find them during going the 500 floors deep ride or did you bring them with you from the start?
- Which buddy did you bring with you?

And one thing at last:

Spoiler

Have fun with Omega again at Mysterious Dungeon xD

And now i know the best location for leveling up Chocobo,his Jobs and getting Max Potions and High Ethers:

Spoiler

"Pain and Gain" Dungeon (Postgame Bonus Dungeon within town store from Mog merchant >> Near forge).
In this Dungeon (Pain and Gain) you can also level up EVERY JOB from 1 to 8 in 45 minutes (Tested myself!)

Edited by Geridian

I have actually sent a PM to ikemenzi to ask a few question esp with the missing buddy in monster list and ikemenzi gave me a link.

It is confirmed. The buddy before Mog X is the Reaper.

The site seems to be useful but I am not able to explore the site atm.

Rant part starts here:

Goodness. I do love Chocobo Dungeon 2 (esp. Shiroma) but that Cid's Memory is torture esp. that Keeper of Time fight. I had to rely on Scholar because of traps and for Appraise. Barely made it. Luckily don't need to repeat it.

Edited by JaM

21 hours ago, Geridian said:

- Damaging Drinks and/or Explosive Drinks >> You did find them during going the 500 floors deep ride or did you bring them with you from the start?
- Which buddy did you bring with you?

I did both actually, I brought along 3 of each drink and ended up finding more as I went through the dungeon, by the time I got to the 500F I had 7 Explosive Drinks, 5 Damaging Drinks, 7 Bahamut Magicite, 3 Phoenix Downs, 8 Angel Robes, 1 Poison Drink, 1 Phoenix Magicite, and a bunch of Elixers just in case. I basically had no room for loot by floor 300.

I was using the Beastmaster as my buddy but that was just for easy heals as I traveled down the floors, my buddy died almost instantly at the 3 major bosses I mentioned so I basically fought them all solo, though if you can handle having half your screen covered by Phoenix then i'd recommend that buddy since you get the full heal + Raise.

Spoiler

And yeah, I don't how i'm going to handle Omega in the Challenge Dungeons, I still can't beat Bahamut in The Great Dragon King, my hat's off to Ikemenzi for being able to accomplish this stuff so quickly, I don't know how they do it.

Edited by Sedragun
Mistake

5 hours ago, JaM said:

I have actually sent a PM to ikemenzi to ask a few question esp with the missing buddy in monster list and ikemenzi gave me a link.

It is confirmed. The buddy before Mog X is the Reaper.

The site seems to be useful but I am not able to explore the site atm.

This was a good idea. Have put the side through Google Translate ( http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgameopera.jp%2Fchocobo_everybuddy%2F182467 ) and yes: Seems to be okay.

Rant part starts here:

Goodness. I do love Chocobo Dungeon 2 (esp. Shiroma) but that Cid's Memory is torture esp. that Keeper of Time fight. I had to rely on Scholar because of traps and for Appraise. Barely made it. Luckily don't need to repeat it.

Did this yesterday but don´t remember any details anymore. But yes, good that this must not be done again.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

Hey @Sedragun and also others:

Found this just minutes ago at gamefaqs from Quacks >> For last boss at Mystery Dungeon (Perhaps works also for Last Boss at 500F Infinite Dungeon?):

Spoiler

Job:
Use Beastmaster as class >> Quacks suggests a job that can help with surviving and Beastmaster has also group haste, group heal and can change buddy on floor.

Buddy:
Since Quacks used Beasmaster which can change Buddys one time at any floor he could change Buddys one floor before confronting Omega.

Buddys Quacks mentioned:

• Croma: Keep spamming her "Maxym" move in every floor.
  • Mini Caturar: 1000 Needles (Strike a foe up to 3 tiles ahead of you and reduce their HP to single digits) ==> Quacks was not able to try his move on the boss since he got kill by 2 turn move wavecannon (324 hp hit) further testing is needed!
  • Leviathan: If Mini Cactuar cannot reduce his HP, Quacks suggests to use Leviathan to reduce Omega´s defense
  • Dry Cactuar: Erase (Remove buffs from a foe up to 3 tiles ahead of you) ==> Erase Omega buff since Omega will keep recovering 60 HP with protect and shell every 3-4 turn on low hp.

Preparation on floors:

1. Save some polish until 45-48 floors and do not use polish on weak saddle or weak talon, but if you are curse with equipment, go ahead anyway.
  2. Getting all explosion potions and damaging potions in any floors as much you can to drain his hp to minimal.
  3. Make sure to have strong defense saddle and No-Confuse collar.

Start of the fight:

1. Make sure to slow him down first turn >> Slow the boss with slow drink (better than "3 range" slow book)
  2. Then use Warp Wing to keep your companion out of his 2 turn charge attack one direction wavecannon
  3. Then use Haste
  4. Go around and be close to the very top of the north around the boss (not in front of him in open area) and get close to him >> He will then use normal attack instead of special skills most of the time and not his wavecannon and other special skills.
  5. Keep bombing alot with damage drink (first) + explosion drinks.
  6. For Beastmaster: If he have not erase your haste, use attack up to quickly kill the boss before he use buff + 60 hp recovery.

Fight itself:

1. Use haste bottle to speed up and bomb away or attack it.
  2. Chocobo and buddy will hit 20 damage each, but if Omega have buff up the hit from physical and magic will be 3, Protect will last on 3 turn, but shell last 5-6 more.
  3. He hit you like 16 damage per time if you are 24 lv >> If you are 20 lv and got okay-ish saddle, the damage will be 25-30.
  4. His special move like stun attack will hit 84 damage and stun you
  5. Wave cannon can confuse you.
  6. If you are trap by 2 turn wave cannon, use angel protection.
  7. He can cast haste, so always slow him down as soon as possible.
  8. If you keep buffing way too much, he will erase your buff.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248077-chocobos-mystery-dungeon-every-buddy/77589687/919610549
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248077-chocobos-mystery-dungeon-every-buddy/77589687/919619237

Small Spoiler regarding to one of the Buddys:

Spoiler

I can also confirm 100% that the Reaper (category: Reapers) is the wanted Buddy (should be the 25th, the 26th is Dungeon Hero X >> Category: Heroes).

I can also tell you how to defeat the Reaper since i did this today >> Followed the tips on the Japanese webside that Ikemenzi gave @JaM.. ==> See Big Spoiler below.

Big Spoiler regarding to the same Buddy as above:

Spoiler

But make sure that it is a pure material battle and it will be very expensive!

Also, I had to defeat him only once, collected the received Buddy Points and already he was available as a Buddy according to text and menu.

Important in itself to the Reaper:

• One hit from the Reaper on Level 99 Chocobo and Job Level 8 Freelancer (832 maximum HP) deals 166 damage.
  • He has permanent Haste (So he always attacks two times in a row) ==> 332 damage incoming!
  • Chocobo survises 2 double hits at maximum HP this way, but the first hit from the next double hits will kill him for sure.
  • He is slow immune and perhaps also immune to all other negative effects

Preparation (I don´t know if Talons, Saddle an Collar matter for this encounter but still i list them!):

1. Level 99 Chocobo ==> You should definitely start the Reaper in chapter 6 (=Postgame) and there it is typical for RPGs to be on the maximum level.
  2. Level 8 Freelancer ==> The level 8 skill "Chocobash" always does the same fixed damage (396 damage!) to the Reaper! But it also costs 4.5 SP out of a maximum of 8 SP.
  3. Irma´s Talons +95 ==> With 7 slots (Currently I have in it: Sleep/Attack/Tri/Crit/Slow/All-Brand/Gold [Since Irma´s Talons are not Rustproof themselves!])
  4. Volg´s Saddle +95 ==> With 7 Slots (Currently I have in it: Skinny/Prevent Slow [Not present on Ribbon Collar]/Evade/Prevent Stun [Not present on Ribbon Collar]/Reduce Dark Damage/All Brand/Gold [Since Volg´s Saddle is not Rustproof himself.])
  5. Collar ==> Wore the Defense Collar. You can't avoid the blows of the Reaper (which is why the Evade Collar doesn't make sense), you can't regenerate SP or HP by Rain- or SP Collar because you don't walk and the Reaper itself has permanent haste and is immune to slow
  6. Get Phoenix Magicites instead of Phoenix Feathers >> The Phoenix not only revives you after death, but also heals you while using the Magicite fully. ==> I had needed 7 pieces with and 6.
  7. Use as buddy the Chocobo girl Camilla >> She can use 2x Chocobash (costs 2 SP, total SP 4) which also causes the same damage to the Reaper as your own Chocobash.
  8. Get at least 6 Max-Potions from "Pain and Gain" Dungeon (Dungeon avaiable when in Postgame through the Book in Mog´s City Store near the Forge ==> Good place to farm Job Points and also EXP and Gil!).

9. Get at least 11 Dry Ethers

from "Pain and Gain" Dungeon (See above!)

10. Get at least 12 Elixir (Can also drop in "Pain and Gain" Dungeon or can be bought from NPC Chip (Small Animal [Hamster?] standing near Shirma on Stella´s Farm) for 100000 gil per unit!)
  11. Get some Haste Drinks ==> I had 9 and used some when Haste ran out or when Chocobo died and was raised through Phoenix Magicite effect.

How to encounter the Reaper?

• Take a easy dungeon like Cid´s Memories (selectable via the Mirror of Memory in the church).
  • Find the room with the stairs.
  • Run around in it until the Reaper appears and eliminate the Trash enemies in between.
  • The Reaper can appear at any position in the room.
  • It can be that he strikes you or your buddy directly, but it can also be that he first needs 2-3 moves to get to you.
  • If he needs a few moves first you can proactively use a Haste Drink and use the first Chocobash if it is within the range of the Chocobash!

Start of an example fight against the Reaper:

1. It can happen that he will hit you directly when he appears, if you are lucky, he will only hit your buddy.
  2. Now use Chocobash from Camilla (Use Chocobash in every round if there are enough SP available!).
  3. Now use a Haste Drink ==> You will be beaten 2 times now and survive with 335 HP, but since now you'll be as fast as the Reaper due to Haste.
  4. Use a Max-Potion ==> HP are full and you are back.
  5. Use Chocobash ==> The Reaper gets 396 damage.
  6. The Reaper beats you 2x for 322 damage totals.
  7. Use a Dry Ether ==> SP full and you're back.
  8. Use Chocobash ==> The Reaper gets 396 damage.
  9. The Reaper beats you 2x for 322 damage totals.
  10. Use a Phoenix Magicite ==> You get Raise and the HP are full.
  11. Use a Dry Ether ==> SP full.
  12. The Reaper beats you 2x for 322 damage totals.

==> From now on it always depends on how it stands around the Chocobo of the SP and HP level:

• HP empty and no raise active ==> Use Phoenix Magicite.
  • Haste has run out ==> Use Haste Drink.
  • HP are not threatening and Raise is active ==> Use Dry Ether.
  • HP threatening and SP are empty ==> Use an Elixir or use a Dry Ether and calculate with the Raise effect by the Phoenix Magicite (Just depends on your potion supply!

After the battle escape through the staircase in an instant because the reaper will respawn shortly!

Edited by Geridian
Included more information.

Made an account just to ask here, since seems to be the most productive discussion on this game. Couple of questions if anyone can help!

First I have killed Dungeon Hero X at least 15 times and not a single BP. Every random shop I find I murder him, am I doing something wrong or is the BP drop rate this atrocious?

Second can Ultima Talon drop in Chocobo 90-99 at all? I've gotten like 10 Omega Saddles but no talon. Starting to think I am looking in the wrong place.

**Spoiler inside.. can't hide content Smartphone with Firefox**

About Dungeon Hero X:

Beating him once was the one and only time I got BP from him.

Later when you have finished the 99 Floor Dungeon "Chocobo's Memories" you are invited for more Dungeons in the "Mirror of Training" (Right side in the church).

One of the new dungeons which are available there is "Dungeon of Heroes!".

Here you will face Dungeon Hero X everytime as a boss and everytime you will get BP from him. Strategy: He does not like poison and is not immune to abnormal status so abuse this hard!

Ultima Talon:

This item is not in the game anymore.

Instead you can get Shinryu's Talon (From Shinryu) and Alpha Talon (From Omega) in Insatiable Hunger Infinite Dungeon.

Omega Saddle:

This can drop normally from trash enemies?

If so this is funny... Since in Chocobo's I only got light and dark items in the last floors.

And perhaps you can do me a favour also @xanith02100:

You do have the trophy for all Sadles.

I think I have all (Omega Saddle included) but got no trophy.

So I would ask you to share a list of saddles you have with me if it is possible.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Geridian

44 minutes ago, Geridian said:

**Spoiler inside.. can't hide content Smartphone with Firefox**

About Dungeon Hero X:

Beating him once was the one and only time I got BP from him.

Later when you have finished the 99 Floor Dungeon "Chocobo's Memories" you are invited for more Dungeons in the "Mirror of Training" (Right side in the church).

One of the new dungeons which are available there is "Dungeon of Heroes!".

Here you will face Dungeon Hero X everytime as a boss and everytime you will get BP from him. Strategy: He does not like poison and is not immune to abnormal status so abuse this hard!

Ultima Talon:

This item is not in the game anymore.

Instead you can get Shinryu's Talon (From Shinryu) and Alpha Talon (From Omega) in Insatiable Hunger Infinite Dungeon.

Omega Saddle:

This can drop normally from trash enemies?

If so this is funny... Since in Chocobo's I only got light and dark items in the last floors.

And perhaps you can do me a favour also @xanith02100:

You do have the trophy for all Sadles.

I think I have all (Omega Saddle included) but got no trophy.

So I would ask you to share a list of saddles you have with me if it is possible.

Thank you very much!

Good to know about the Dungeon of Heroes, maybe this is why I am getting no BP! I'll try there.

Omega Saddle definitely drops from trash. Got several from the Demon and Iron Giant shades in Chocobo 96-98.

As far as a list I'm sorry, I didn't save the saddles! I was actually surprised when the trophy popped because I wasn't even focusing on saddles on purpose. Only surprise ones I can think of that maybe you are missing would be the No Stun one in Chocobo 81-90 or Genji/Volg around the same level. I assume you've gotten all the 8 element ones.

For Shinryu's Talon can it drop from the Chocobo Memory one? Or are both the last talons you mentioned in Insatiable only?

**Spoiler inside.. can't hide content on Smartphone with Firefox**

Omega Saddle:

- I only got Omega Saddle from bosses in Insatiable Hunger Infinite around 449 and 499. Also with low brand slots but since I cleared postgame content already with using Irma/Volg stuff and trophy only cares about maximum hone I can hone one of the bad Omega Saddles or bad Talons I recieved to maximum and trophy will be achieved. Fine for me :D.

Shinryu's Talons:

- Someone at gamefaqs wrote that he got Shinryu's Talons at Chocobo's Memories from Shinryu as last boss in last floor.

- I for myself can't confirm this because I got either no items from Shinryu or Light Saddle, even with increased droprate.

- As written above you will encounter Shinryu in Insatiable Hunger Infinite as boss anyways and since droprate looked to be higher this way I would place a bookmark savegame right before the fight and would just end and reload the savegame when no Talon is dropped.

Alpha Talon:

- You encounter Omega only in normal game modes where you can take equipment with you or where you receive items for keeping in Insatiable Hunger Infinite Dungeon at 499F and not in other Dungeons.

==> So yeah: You can only get Alpha Talon in Insatiable Hunger Infinite 499F normally.

- Also work with bookmark savegame here!

- Maybe the Alpha Talon drops also in the last two Dungeons which are available through the Mirror of Training but can't say for sure and would not count on it.

Dungeon of Heroes:

- Saw this mentioned nowhere at the internet and found this basically out myself or other people know and don't care about sharing..

Gemsteel Equipment:

- Where the Wii Item list I used told me to get the Dark stuff I got these Gemstone stuff. Later the Dark stuff dropped, too.

- So, yeah: I would say Gemstone stuff is an addition in the loot set.

For Equipment Trophys in general because of the saddle trophy I missed:

- I guess my issue is that during gameplay I got a saddle in inventory without appraising it, marked it as found and kicked it away or sold it ==> Without being appraised when picking up or after picking up an item doesn't count as found (I know this for sure because last talon or collar did only count for trophy while I picked it up with Appraisers Collat equipped.

- Thought that maybe Shinryu has ab exclusive talon I would miss out an exclusive saddle but guess that this is wrong now..

- Did pick up and appraise No-Stun (Use this as brand on saddle) and the Genji Stuff, Volg is used as saddle actively so yeah.. if their is no Shinryu's Saddle I missed an old one. Glad that Mirrors exist.

13 minutes ago, Geridian said:

- Did pick up and appraise No-Stun (Use this as brand on saddle) and the Genji Stuff, Volg is used as saddle actively so yeah.. if their is no Shinryu's Saddle I missed an old one. Glad that Mirrors exist.

Yeah, Omega is the rarest. I can confirm there is no Shinryu Saddle or any like that. Sounds like yeah, you may need to go another lap through the commons and must have scrapped one while it was still unidentified. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xanith02100 said:

Yeah, Omega is the rarest. I can confirm there is no Shinryu Saddle or any like that. Sounds like yeah, you may need to go another lap through the commons and must have scrapped one while it was still unidentified. 

Hey @xanith02100, you were right with the assumption: I was missing the Gemsteel Saddle and got this after Temple of Dark 30F. Curious is that i marked that as received on my list and this was true for the Gemsteel Talons..

But done is done and a mistake is a mistake :facepalm:.

But know i know that having the Trophies...

1. Collar Collector (Collect one of every type of collar.)
  2. Talon-ted Explorer (Collect one of every type of talons.)
  3. Saddle Up! (Collect one of every type of saddle.)

... is enough to get the Treasure Hunter (Collected one of every type of item.) Trophy.

==> My initial guess was that every item must at least had to be found once and that you need 100% of the key items to get this but that seems to be false.

Edited by Geridian
Typo fixed

Whew, I finally got the Reaper and Mog X Buddy.

I find Scholar the best job to deal with Dungeon of Heroes. Scholar has skills that is like Sight, has skill that appraise all items and the skill to heal+increase food.

On floor 1 and 2 - farm some books from Goblin(could not remember if it is Immobile or Blind Book, either book works)

On floor 3-4:

-Farm Explosive Potion from Lizard

-Farm Poison Book from Mandra

-Farm Confusion Book from Lamia if you don't have many Blind/Immobile book.

For the battle itself, when you are in a distance, throw the explosive potion for 999 damage each. Then use Blind/Immobile/Confusion book, one he is blind/immobile/confused, use Poison Book for 100 damage each turn. Might take some time but I find this the safest way to clear that dungeon. Just make sure to check the log in case the debuffs ran out to cast them again, the only threat at that point is his Laser beam that you can avoid easily. I didn't even needed a potion to defeat him.

If you are a bit brave/risky, you can also lure him near the mines and step on it to deal 999 damage on him if his hp is still high. Just be ready to heal and warp then.

On 1.4.2019 at 3:51 AM, ausse777 said:

Does anyone have any tips for the Mystery Dungeon challenge dungeon? My RNG is plain terrible in there.

• Use Scholar Job (Since you get Appraise, Heal and Meal combination and Sight per Spell).
  • Only leave a floor when Reaper is about to appear (I mean at first "You feel XXX" warning!).
  • Good buddys for Omega in my opinion are: BM (since it can heal you), Mini Cactuar (His abilitie does the same damage as those damage and explosive drinks) or Dry Cactuar (He can despell Omega´s Haste and other buffs).
  • Also you need luck with the loot in Mystery Dungeon, but since you are scholar and you are able to appraise everything you won´t put on any cursed items when itis not needed.
  • It would be good to have high stock on explosion and damage potions, also some angel items to get Manaward are helpfull.
  • Use invent every floor!

------

@JaMGot Dungeon Hero X myself some days ago. Just used Thief and abused Hero X´s weakness to abnormal status. Also Thief´s haste and Warp Wings helped me a lot :D

Edited by Geridian
Included more information.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

On a side note - trying to make an all brand for my Talon, where do you get an Ice Talon? I saw an old guide that mentioned Guardian of the Dark, but I couldn’t seem to find it there. =/ Also where would you get Ribbon Collar?

Both are on Chocobo Memory(Postgame dungeon) IIRC. The easiest way to get the ice talon and saddle is via Moogle store IMO. Ribbon Collar is found on later floors on floor and monster drops, the boss on 95th floor also drop it.

It kinda sucks that this game does not have in-game record/list of things you discover, I am currently unsure if I am only missing Omega and/or Alpha Talon atm.

Edited by JaM

Ribbon Collar can also drop in Insatiable Hunger dungeon. I got plenty useless duplicates there but it’s too RNG to force it. I strongly advise against looking for it there if you’re trying to be efficient, unless you’re in it for the sheer fun and pleasure of torturing poor, innocent Chocobo for as many hours as possible. (I’m the heartless type of Choco-owner who is some 50 hours into the game but hasn’t wrapped up ch5 yet.)

I believe that Ice Talon (and Saddle) may have dropped in Ancient Dungeon (or Dark) for me but I can’t say for sure. It could have been from Insatiable also (first 200 floors) which would mean that this too isn’t a particularly efficient way to go about the brand/getting the ALL brand early.

8 hours ago, JaM said:

Both are on Chocobo Memory(Postgame dungeon) IIRC. The easiest way to get the ice talon and saddle is via Moogle store IMO. Ribbon Collar is found on later floors on floor and monster drops, the boss on 95th floor also drop it.

It kinda sucks that this game does not have in-game record/list of things you discover, I am currently unsure if I am only missing Omega and/or Alpha Talon atm.

4 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Ribbon Collar can also drop in Insatiable Hunger dungeon. I got plenty useless duplicates there but it’s too RNG to force it. I strongly advise against looking for it there if you’re trying to be efficient, unless you’re in it for the sheer fun and pleasure of torturing poor, innocent Chocobo for as many hours as possible. (I’m the heartless type of Choco-owner who is some 50 hours into the game but hasn’t wrapped up ch5 yet.)

I believe that Ice Talon (and Saddle) may have dropped in Ancient Dungeon (or Dark) for me but I can’t say for sure. It could have been from Insatiable also (first 200 floors) which would mean that this too isn’t a particularly efficient way to go about the brand/getting the ALL brand early.

Man, Ice Talon seems like a hassle to get. I regret throwing it away before knowing about ALL brand now... :/

Aww, you can't Bookmark in Mystery Dungeon? I thought of abusing backup save to make it a bit easier and stop mid journey to rest but it seems like it needs to be done in 1 sitting. 

Also, I have just made Shinryu my buddy, speaking of which: question about Buddy, I am currently missing 2 Extra Buddies:

-I know for sure that one is Omega, how many BP does it needs to be his buddy? Is 500F Infinite dungeon and Mystery dungeon the only place to get his BP?

-I have no idea what is the other one I am missing, the only slot that is missing to me is the one before Shinryu and the last one, after Epsilon(MechaBahamut)

Edited by JaM

36 minutes ago, JaM said:

Aww, you can't Bookmark in Mystery Dungeon? I thought of abusing backup save to make it a bit easier and stop mid journey to rest but it seems like it needs to be done in 1 sitting.

Self answering question: Since Mystery Dungeon is available through Mirror of Training there is no option for bookmarking and that is not even possible in the others available through Mirror of Training.

---

About Buddys:

- Since Omega appears in this form only in Mystery Dungeon and Infinite 500F so there are no other farm spots. And both cost amounts of time.

- The last buddy could be "Another Omega" from last Dungeon in Mirror of Training.

• Like 1

Dark Talons; where can I find a pair of those? ?

A JP guide for Wii and DS lists them as Guardian of the Dark, as does the old Wii guide on gfaqs (it’s even more specific and points to floors 21-40F). Dark Talons in Dark Temple? Sounds reasonable but... I keep running Guardian of the Dark and am about to start my 6th run next but so far no luck. ( ≧³≦)੭ꠥ⁾⁾ Am I looking in the right place, kweh?