Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! trophy thoughts

Some spoilers inside!

There was a change for Dark Saddle and Talons in this version:

Instead of these items you get Gemsteel Talons and Saddle in these early floors of Guardian of Dark.

In this version you can get Light and Dark Equipment either in last Floors of Postgame Dungeon Chocobo's Memories (after beating the Destroyer again) or while combating in Insatiable Hunger.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Geridian said:

In this version you can get Light and Dark Equipment either in last Floors of Postgame Dungeon Chocobo's Memories (after beating the Destroyer again) or while combating in Insatiable Hunger.

Thank youuu ♪( ´`) you helped preserve my sanity. I can finally move on and tackle Chocobo’s hellhole next.

18 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Dark Talons; where can I find a pair of those? 1f424.png

A JP guide for Wii and DS lists them as Guardian of the Dark, as does the old Wii guide on gfaqs (it’s even more specific and points to floors 21-40F). Dark Talons in Dark Temple? Sounds reasonable but... I keep running Guardian of the Dark and am about to start my 6th run next but so far no luck. ( ≧³≦)੭ꠥ⁾⁾ Am I looking in the right place, kweh? 

I found some in 96-98 in Chocobo's Memories before I had to reload my file because I kept losing to Shinryu. Same with Light Talon.

EDIT: Didn't see this was answered already, MB.

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 1

Whew finally beat Omega for the first time. Not sure how will I even get his remaining 4 BP. What worse poison, 50 floors with no items in 1 sitting or 500 floors of praying to RNG for usable items.

And of course it turns out that Alpha talon is the only talon I am missing. This is going to be fun~ <_<

@JaMPerhaps this helps you come to a conclusion: The last thing standing between me and Platinum is 1(!) fuckxxx BP from this assxxxx Omega.

Yesterday I wrecked him and also OMG in Interdimensional Rift Dungeon without having problems.

So I thought today: "Yeah, do Mystery Dungeon today then be done with it".

But Omega must have thought this: "Today, my dear friend, I give you Stun+Stun+Stun+Slow+Laser Combo to kill you like you killed me yesterday".

==> So yeah, I got devastated. Had no No-Stun, so having this seems to be crucial.

So yeah: If you only need the last 2 BP for him I would run 500F again and speed through it. Bookmark before Omega is key.

---

Today (07/04/2019) at 09:11 (GMT+1) i got my platinum.

Best part:

I didn´t complete 500F again for getting this last BP from this shit type of boss, i went into Mystery Dungeon and defeated him there and accomplished this although not having any kind of No-Stun equipment again.

Spoiler

What class and buddy i used:

Job: Scholar

Buddy: Camilla (Chocobo girl // You get her after you complete A Maiden´s Memories Dungeon // Her special does Level x4 damage to all enemies in 3 tile radius around her.. Useless on low levels, but is useful when her and Chocobo´s level is in the higher tens and above. Also her special only costs 2 SP and she has 4 SP total).

My tactic on floors was this:

1) Grind every floor until first Reaper warning message appears, then leave floor. This way you will be around 35+ at boss floor and your chances of having good stuff will be high. This is doable as Scholar since his heal also creates 10% food.
2) Many times your buddy should be used as "Meat Shield" to protect you from enemies.
3) If you appear in a Den of Monsters then fleeing into 1 space wide corridors is a good option. Also use Sleepga to stop enemies from hunting you. Or you use Sleepga and flee into rooms where you align with your buddy to face the enemies which are following you.
4) Never fight standing in the middle. Fleeing with Warp Wings or Sleepga is okay and life saving.
==> Always think:He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day :)
5) Use Ingenuity on every floor. You can get saddles with protections, damage potions, angel items and anything else this way.

General tactic for boss:

1) Without Slow items to use on the boss, also damage- and explosive drinks and angel items don't face the boss.

2) If boss hastens himself with acceleration use something that inflicts slow at him asap! >> Slow potions which are kicked have a wider range then books!

3) Don't "overbuff" yourself at the boss fight, because then he will use Erase to erase all buffs you have.

My cheap tactic for beating the boss:

It works wonders to exploit Co-OP for this boss and possibly every other boss or hardship in this game where a buddy can be used:

Was 35 Scholar with Camilla. Had no No-Stun present on Collar or Saddle so Omega would have made quick work with me (Mustard bomb can put you into stun lock very easy!) so I tried Co-operation to use Camilla as decoy...

This worked flawlessly:
- Directly send Camilla to Omega's right side >> Special >> Camilla got full attention... for rest of the entire fight!
- Chocobo kept standing the 4-5 tiles away from Omega, tossed damage and slow potions on him, used one haste potion on himself and all Camilla did was navigating out of fire, attacking and using special.
- For real: Omega only used Flamethrower or melee on Camilla and ignored Chocobo.

Players which are playing the buddy on Co-OP can use one action (Attack, Special) until Chocobo makes his move (Ability, Attack, take one step), can navigate the whole floor but are ported back near Chocobo when they are too far away, and best part: They can walk away when they attacked or used special but can only attack or use special again when Chocobo made his move.

Edited by Geridian
Done with this awesome game :-)

On 31/03/2019 at 8:31 PM, Geridian said:

But know i know that having the Trophies...

1. Collar Collector (Collect one of every type of collar.)
  2. Talon-ted Explorer (Collect one of every type of talons.)
  3. Saddle Up! (Collect one of every type of saddle.)

... is enough to get the Treasure Hunter (Collected one of every type of item.) Trophy.

Hi guys, just started the game. Sorry if this has been answered/clarified, for these trophies we do not need to store them for it to count right? After found and appraised, the equipments can be sold correct?

13 hours ago, shinkyo- said:

Hi guys, just started the game. Sorry if this has been answered/clarified, for these trophies we do not need to store them for it to count right? After found and appraised, the equipments can be sold correct?

Yep, you also just need to pick it up at least once, you also don't need to keep it in your inventory when you leave the dungeon, as said, you just need to pick it up at least once). Picking it up in sidequests/Mirror of training counts as well.

And woohoo, got the plat. Had to do Insatiable Hunger 500F 3 times(picked that poison instead of redoing Mystery Dungeon). I thought I messed it up as well since I mistakenly kicked my only Ribbon Collar at Skullhammer xD 

I used:

-Lots of Damaging/Explosive Drinks(I think I had around 20 per run and I still have 5 remaining after defeating Omega - also used a couple for faster fight with Shinryu)

-Elixirs, I had 9 in my inventory but I only used one(during Shinryu when I forgot to use Angel's Robe)

-Angel's robe, I think I needed only 3 (for 350th and 450th)

-9 Slow(ga) books

-9 Shell and Protect Books(to lessen damage for 350th and 450th bosses)

-Map Collar for Breezing through floors

-Ribbon Collar for Bosses

-Appraiser's Collar(optional but I recommend wheb pucking up greens) 

-I used Ninja for his Haste Skill and Smoke Bomb on annoying Den of Monster floors

-for Buddy, I used Epsilon for first 300 floors to clear Den of Monster floors and to make Alexander fight more faster. For 300+ floors, I sticked with Beastmaster for healing.

For equipments:

Alpha Talon +99 with

-Rust Protection

-Trident

-Critical

-Rage

-ALL brand

-Slow(low chance but with haste, almoat guarantee that boss are on slow and saves some Slow Book)

-Stun(Not really for boss but for annoying sponge mobs on higher floors)

Volg's Saddle +95(I am unlucky to not get Omega with 7 slots)

-Protect from Rust

-Decelerate Hunger

-Life

-All Brand

-Dark

-Light

-Evasion

Feel free to mention/tag me in this thread for questions, I'll do my best to help while is still remember the info.

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JaM said:

Feel free to mention/tag me in this thread for questions, I'll do my best to help while is still remember the info.

Congrats on the platinum ♪٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ 

Do you remember if it’s possible to change jobs/buddy every 100 floors (including ~400F) in Insatiable Hunger? 

6 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Congrats on the platinum ♪٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ 

Do you remember if it’s possible to change jobs/buddy every 100 floors (including ~400F) in Insatiable Hunger? 

Thanks Kweh.

Yes. It is possible to change Job and Buddies every hundred floor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, anyone else has any issues on the Dungeon Master trophy (completed all dungeons) not unlocking?

I think I had done all of them (including the one in Mog’s house), except for the insatiable (endless) dungeon (went past 500 levels though), at least according to all of the dungeons listed on both mirrors in the church..

EDIT: Just got it, didn’t realise I need to interact with the train for it to unlock.. haha silly old me?

Edited by shinkyo-
Issue resolved

• 5 months later...
On 20/3/2019 at 6:01 AM, Virdeborn said:

Does anyone know if the physical release from Japan supports multi-language? I know the Switch version does, so it would be odd if the PS4 version didn't. But then again, Square Enix aren't know for always making logical decisions.

I know it's been months since you asked this and maybe you don't need the info now but if you're still interested i found this and i know you'll be happy after you watch the video.

On 2019-10-25 at 2:46 AM, Zaros-QC said:

I know it's been months since you asked this and maybe you don't need the info now but if you're still interested i found this and i know you'll be happy after you watch the video.

Saw that video a couple of months ago and immediately ordered a copy of the game from Amazon. Thanks anyway! ^__^

Let's cross our fingers that the upcoming physical JP release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD will also feature multi-language support! Will gladly import that one as well if it does!

8 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

Saw that video a couple of months ago and immediately ordered a copy of the game from Amazon. Thanks anyway! ^__^

Let's cross our fingers that the upcoming physical JP release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD will also feature multi-language support! Will gladly import that one as well if it does!

I didn't know about that upcoming game when will it be released?