Alternative method for Best of the Best

Thanks, done it now. 15.04...not as professional as your good self but good enough for the trophy and made one minor 'wall bang'.

Could not get your first 'flashbang' room done in the way in the video, always ended up in a pickle / wall but did use your tip about the grenade launcher which I used on the final room.

I used the MP5 until the final room. After throwing the flashbang I ran out forward (not backward) and pressed left on D Pad which automatically puts you in grenade mode on the Launcher, turned and fired at the back of the room which took them both out. I also made sure there was only 1 grenade (got rid of the rest in advance) to avoid it trying to reload which slows you down. I then ran like the wind. Time of 15.04 and it took a life time ( 3 secs ) for the trophy to pop in which I aged 10 years, promptly followed by me running round the house screaming !!

Anyway, thank you for your video and tips, they helped me considerably and credit where it is due.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 04/11/2019 at 11:24 AM, KHDelBoy said:

I think I am too old for this trophy.

My brain is telling my hands what to do but they wouldn't obey!

I'm getting to the age where I have started to notice that. My reactions are half what they used to be in my early 20's. Age can be a terrifying thing.

Glad you finally got it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 7:24 PM, KHDelBoy said:

I think I am too old for this trophy.

I can't get anything better than 17.9. My brain is telling my hands what to do but they wouldn't obey!

Damn this trophy. It's the only one I need for the plat. Even playing it on Veteran is much more fun.

Same. Mile High Club was nowhere nearly this difficult.

Edited by jobe13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 4:19 AM, Ringtonwhaledog said:

I liked what you did on the first 'flashbang' room and will try that.

My best time is 15.15 and this may help me shave off the vital sub seconds to get the trophy

Yeah I got 15.15 exactly as well. The third room was the struggle, your method helped immensely.  Thank you @Riszcky!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/3/2019 at 2:08 AM, Riszcky said:

I know there's around 38 threads on this one trophy already but I wanted to bring attention to something that I haven't seen ANYONE talking about. I was speed running this course for fun a long time ago and found the best method for me (using a controller) was to use the grenade launcher on the first or last room. The launcher can be found on the other side of the road in the explosive range. I believe you do have to complete the explosive course to be able to take and keep the M16 grenade launcher. Also, remember accuracy is really important! Hope this helps anyone still struggling.
Here's my run of 11.15

Where did you get the granate in the first room ? 

On 03/05/2020 at 11:52 AM, BIazkowicz said:

Where did you get the granate in the first room ? 

From the explosive range across the road from the training course. There'll be plenty of videos online showing where it is if you can't find it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here are my tips for anyone struggling that I have used in combination from watching quite a few YouTube vids if using MP5 method. Some of this applies with grenade launcher.

1. Only burst hip fire at targets, never aim down scope, this slows you down. Last target you may need to aim down scope if too far away to maintain accuracy while shooting through wall.

2. First room as soon you hit ground from rope, start strafing right while your gun is being unholstered. Hipfire each target individually. Don't bother lining up first 2 targets for a one shot, this slows you down more than anything. Shoot third target through wall before entering room. This allows you start sprinting early without interruption to the stairs

3. At top of stairs jump out of sprint. Do not walk down them so you land right at bottom of stairs much quicker. Shoot 4th target mid air in jump at bottom of stairs. Immediately start cooking your flash once you hit ground from jump.

4. Throw flash into left room as soon as you can, try to aim flash at back left of room so it lands under desk. This will enable you to enter room early before flash goes off without blinding you. Take out targets proceed to next room, being careful to not clip walls.

5. Enter next room take out 2 targets, right   to left. Cook flash straight after taking out left target. Throw flash in next room into far right, to avoid being flashed while transitioning to outside. 

6. This section is where most people rush it too fast and end up clipping walls or rushing too far out missing your shots. Your better of slowing yourself down a bit to make sure you get through door way so you can turn around being closer to the targets. The last target you hit through wall is where you lose your accuracy. 

7. After hitting last two targets rather than turning around to sprint, turn around jump and melee knife attack to extend reach to finish line. Cant confirm this actually helps but it was my invention I came up with and it worked for me. 

Good luck and don't get frustrated, if you clip any wall that slows you down. just quit and start again. You can get away with a small margin of error at very end if you do everything else right. I also did a few dry runs and broke it down slowly in each section. 

Not goner lie it took me awhile..  3 sessions, and probably 30 serious attempts once I knew what I was doing. Just keep at it and eventually everything will sync up and bit of luck you will get below 15.1 secs

Edited by SlipingJimmy

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...