How many stages in Solosseum Slog?

currently at stage 21, got all previous stages on s rank. apparently the difficulty is set automatically for later stages, for example it gets set to "hard" on stage 20 and "expert" on stage 21 by default. the first 19 stages were all relatively easy, on 20 i just barely got the s. even with max level and gold weapons stage 21 is pretty hard to even get a c. we're probably in for yet another grind...

does anyone no if u have to get all 30 stages on s for the trophy?

Rant begin.

I started today and reached Floor 23. I didn’t notice until Floor 22, but there was a noticeable jump in difficulty in terms of boss stats after Floor 20 (Floors 1-20 I cleared comfortably on S rank with my characters in the 140s and high end gear from the last expansion). Hoping I was wrong, to my disbelief I checked the difficulty settings and behold the game locks your difficulty at certain floors. Floor 20 is locked to Hard but Floors 21 and up are locked to Expert. I barely cleared 21 and 22 with a B rank. I haven’t played on Expert a lot but apparently in addition to enemy buffs, you get a reduction in consumables used in battle (great...).

The crappy thing about this whole system is that you can’t earn the scrolls to get more shop upgrades (weapons, armor, etc.) and the manuals for styles UNLESS you beat a mission on S rank. This makes getting the trophy for maxing out the styles insanely difficult, let alone clearing all missions on S. This ultimately amounts to another huge grindfest because you need mats from the Solosseum to craft the new gear, and many of the mats are very rare.

After recently grinding 10 hours just to get enough gear to beat the Wraith Lord on Hard for that trophy, I really don’t feel like having to grind to beat this colosseum, and this isn’t just pure grinding—it’s grinding with RNG because you have to beat a whole 3-stage mission for a CHANCE for mats to drop. I took a 3 month break after getting pwned by the Wraith Lord the first time after spending 3 hours completing the last 20 floors and I think I’m gonna take a break again. Terrible decisions for both these expansions. This is just absurd.

Rant end.

• Like 4

So once you hit floor 26 it changes to 4 battles but the time for s rank is increased to 17 minutes. I'm using Leander with wizards companion and using as many spell strengtheners as I can. My highest weapon is only a 772. I have Batu with the Gizmo style so I can use more items and use a genie juice to make my attacks stronger and just spam spells. It's gotten me this far and I hope it continues to work

7 hours ago, MACHONACHO44556 said:

So once you hit floor 26 it changes to 4 battles but the time for s rank is increased to 17 minutes. I'm using Leander with wizards companion and using as many spell strengtheners as I can. My highest weapon is only a 772. I have Batu with the Gizmo style so I can use more items and use a genie juice to make my attacks stronger and just spam spells. It's gotten me this far and I hope it continues to work

Thank you so much for this tip. was about to take a long break from the colosseum and didnt really fiddled with the new special techniques much. but this setup gives u a chance at least and u dont have to grind for the weapons. currently got s rank up to floor 23.

I used Evan and Leander with wizards companion plus a gizmo style character with the item bonus and spammed whatever element the enemy was weak too. of course i buffed magic attack as much as i could with food and equipment, its especially important to give them extra mp so u dont waste items.

did u just used Leander and his best spell or how exactly did u attempt this? thank u in advance for any help.

Glad I could help at all sadly I got stuck at 27 with this method. Need to find a quicker way to take out the snake guy. I have Leander with evenstar waterpistol mind of magos and ogres fingers all maxed out. threw on as many massively strengthen magical attack items as I had but also have 1 extra MP so I can cast mind of magos then I like to hit with ogres fingers since it has a quicker cast time than evenstar and sometimes knocks the enemies down or interrupts them then I quickly use a restorative and cast evenstar and hope it lands before they move. I also have hibber dinner the hopeful as one of my higgledies because he increases the amount of time you're awakened for. Sadly the magical resistant enemies are going to make this tough and I'll probably have to grind out high end gear for good physical attack. I'll try to let you know if I find anything out

Thank you. Yeah same here, also stuck at stage 27 now. The snake at the end seems to be fixed too unfornatunately. U can make a lot more damage against his tongue but thats only a small window time wise and hitting him in that state with evenstar is pretty hard. Physical damage is ok (my highest weapon is 984) but does not seem to be enough to kill him quickly, considering that these enemy types go underground a lot, too.

Will try to fiddle around with other special techniques with a third character next time. Patience is a virtue^^

A few of the enemies can be a bit bothersome if you don't have a melee-weapon with elemental properties, there is a gold quality sword with dark attribute that can drop in the new DLC that makes short work of enemies like that worm, but its a drop so its not really something to rely on.

In the likely case you don't that sword you might as well just skip S ranking 27 till you clear rank 30 and can make the weapon from the crafting reward from there.

i missed 1 manual myself, but got them all now, theres a manual in olivers home on the first floor after you unlock the actual hub, then theres S ranks in the slog, evermoore after each story segment in the DLC and lastly from all the doors that isnt the first one (martha's door). Sadly i cant remember how many there were in each of the doors, but can confirm theres no other sources

2 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

I hate how low the drop rates are for the things you need to make decent equipment. I really hate this DLC. Is there a guide for the location of the manuals yet? I may have missed some in the actual story part but I'm not sure tbh

1 hour ago, Sun_emperor1 said:

i missed 1 manual myself, but got them all now, theres a manual in olivers home on the first floor after you unlock the actual hub, then theres S ranks in the slog, evermoore after each story segment in the DLC and lastly from all the doors that isnt the first one (martha's door). Sadly i cant remember how many there were in each of the doors, but can confirm theres no other sources

In every door I found two manuals (in chests), one for each new combat style. I am sure I found them from the 3rd until the 6th, but I don't remember if they are also in the second door. Open the map and check every room of the dungeon. Some of them are hidden, like the one in the 6th door (the final white city, it's on the roof of the top right building). ?

Getting really frustrated with this DLC. I'm stuck at 23 I believe. Drops are just way too low. I'm max level and my damage just isn't good enough for 12 minutes. 

Any fast way to get good gold equipment with high attack power? What's the point of having all these facilities in the kingdom of they can't grind the materials for you. It's antithetical to the base game. 

On 22.3.2019 at 5:56 PM, Sun_emperor1 said:

A few of the enemies can be a bit bothersome if you don't have a melee-weapon with elemental properties, there is a gold quality sword with dark attribute that can drop in the new DLC that makes short work of enemies like that worm, but its a drop so its not really something to rely on.

In the likely case you don't that sword you might as well just skip S ranking 27 till you clear rank 30 and can make the weapon from the crafting reward from there.

Thank you for your tips, finally got all the new trophies now. Like u said, preparing is everything and then it is definitely doable with the right setup. Had to craft one new weapon for stage 27 but oh well.

Seriously these dlcs though. Grindfest galore with little to none story content. Disappointing.

the big spellflinger icons doing wizard companion actualy stuns bosses out of summoning reinforcements if it hits weakness, they appear quite often so if you just chaincast it you should be safe.

if you are in a situation where this isnt possible, using the higgldy style's charged ranged attack, you only need to do a low charge and it will stun any boss.

A last ditch effort could also be to use rolands circular sword ability, it has a high interupt-chance but it does NOT work if the enemy is strong against your weapons element or has insane phys def.

Edited by Sun_emperor1

11 minutes ago, Sun_emperor1 said:

the big spellflinger icons doing wizard companion actualy stuns bosses out of summoning reinforcements if it hits weakness, they appear quite often so if you just chaincast it you should be safe.

if you are in a situation where this isnt possible, using the higgldy style's charged ranged attack, you only need to do a low charge and it will stun any boss.

A last ditch effort could also be to use rolands circular sword ability, it has a high interupt-chance but it does NOT work if the enemy is strong against your weapons element or has insane phys def.

I've been using the spell stengethers. Should I be using the strings instead? The real issue was just how fast the boss summoned though! 

So I’m assuming that my current method 

gizmo style - gravity followed by freeze followed by impactron x 2 per character at 90k damage will not be fast enough once I get to lvl 21+? 

And what’s string? Meaning casting a string of spells via the wizard companion style?

are you guys mostly just using astra or using spells against vulnarabilities? Also on the monster tweaker, do you defend against what is the opposite of the vulnerabilities on the stone tablets or do you have another method? 

And finally how mant manuals each for the new styles? Same as the previous ones, 15 each? Is there a guide somewhere? I haven’t been keeping count of where I got what.. and I feel like I’m gonna have to go through each damn door again. Although I’m just at door 2 now. Sigh this is looking like a nightmare literally 

9 hours ago, vicecn said:

So I’m assuming that my current method 

gizmo style - gravity followed by freeze followed by impactron x 2 per character at 90k damage will not be fast enough once I get to lvl 21+? 

And what’s string? Meaning casting a string of spells via the wizard companion style?

are you guys mostly just using astra or using spells against vulnarabilities? Also on the monster tweaker, do you defend against what is the opposite of the vulnerabilities on the stone tablets or do you have another method? 

And finally how mant manuals each for the new styles? Same as the previous ones, 15 each? Is there a guide somewhere? I haven’t been keeping count of where I got what.. and I feel like I’m gonna have to go through each damn door again. Although I’m just at door 2 now. Sigh this is looking like a nightmare literally 

The gravity with impactron still works fine on the normal enemies. Gravity is great for helping speed along those rounds. Spell stringing is when you use wizard companion once you cast a spell icons will pop up and you just have to hit the corresponding buttons. I used evenstar, ogre fingers, water gun as Leander and just spammed whichever did the most damage. As for the tweaker o didn't really mess with defense very much because alot of the enemies we're killing me in 1 hit anyways later on but there's an accessory that makes it so you survive with 1 hp from a big hit that I definitely recommend putting on everyone. There are 20 manuals for each and I'm not 100% positive but I think there are 2 per door and they aren't hard to find. Just check all around the map the only tricky ones were on a rooftop and the one in the water kingdom down some stairs to the left if I remember correctly. You get one at the little house you get some from rewards for s ranking the arenas and you get some for talking to people in evermore after finishing up each door. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but you may have to grind out a good physical weapon for 27. Everything else wasn't too hard. Took me probably 20 hours to do it all give or take.

• Like 1

Wow what an incredibly comprehensive response thank you so much!

Three questions; 

1. You used Leander as your main for the 21+ solosseum bc of those three spells and not Evan?

2. What’s the highest grade (statswise) physical weapon you farmed from 27?

3. Also why did you recommend level 27? Is there something special on that level? 

12 hours ago, MACHONACHO44556 said:

The gravity with impactron still works fine on the normal enemies. Gravity is great for helping speed along those rounds. Spell stringing is when you use wizard companion once you cast a spell icons will pop up and you just have to hit the corresponding buttons. I used evenstar, ogre fingers, water gun as Leander and just spammed whichever did the most damage. As for the tweaker o didn't really mess with defense very much because alot of the enemies we're killing me in 1 hit anyways later on but there's an accessory that makes it so you survive with 1 hp from a big hit that I definitely recommend putting on everyone. There are 20 manuals for each and I'm not 100% positive but I think there are 2 per door and they aren't hard to find. Just check all around the map the only tricky ones were on a rooftop and the one in the water kingdom down some stairs to the left if I remember correctly. You get one at the little house you get some from rewards for s ranking the arenas and you get some for talking to people in evermore after finishing up each door. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but you may have to grind out a good physical weapon for 27. Everything else wasn't too hard. Took me probably 20 hours to do it all give or take.

Also in your melee weapon slots, you just slot one weapon (your highest grade) right? 

For instance, Evan just has interstellar sword and the other two are blank.

Also what’s your Evan at? Just so I can compare to know where you best 30.

Lvl 128

health 4033

5 hours ago, vicecn said:

Wow what an incredibly comprehensive response thank you so much!

Three questions; 

1. You used Leander as your main for the 21+ solosseum bc of those three spells and not Evan?

2. What’s the highest grade (statswise) physical weapon you farmed from 27?

3. Also why did you recommend level 27? Is there something special on that level? 

Also in your melee weapon slots, you just slot one weapon (your highest grade) right? 

For instance, Evan just has interstellar sword and the other two are blank.

Also what’s your Evan at? Just so I can compare to know where you best 30.

Lvl 128

health 4033

27 ends with a worm who is resistant to magic and ranged attacks, so a good physical weapon is essential. You'll want one with darkness imbued or light imbued, as those are the weaknesses he can spawn with.

You'll get an okay light sword from finishing the story of the DLC, and that is what I used to finally kill him, and you can craft a great darkness sword using one of the new recipes you get from S ranking one of the arena matches. I cant remember which one, but it was before 27.

Having 3 weapons equipped is what I recommend as you'll want a weapon at full zing to cancel out boss summons and super moves, if you only have one you may not reach max zing quick enough to stop them.

As far as Leander vs Evan, Leander seems to have the better base stats, and I used him where possible against bosses (when their weaknesses matched his spells), but you have to use Evan to take advantage of fire and light weaknesses.

Roland was my choice for mob rounds due to his circular sword attack, and he's the best choice against the 27 worm as he seems to have stronger physical damage than Evan by default and darkness/light swords are easier to come by than darkness/light hammers or spears. Also I recommend Higgldy style for mob rounds because the big ball of light ranged attack is great at clearing the floating enemies you cant reach with melee. And avoid Ding Dong Dell style against the worm, it doesnt work properly.

For the worm, I also suggest removing Leander from your party and replacing him with Batu. I had a bow with a high chance of poisoning and if you have one of those on Batu, its great because the worm can sometimes spawn weak to poison. He's very resistant against ranged but if Batu gets poison active via the bow, the poison deals full damage instead of being heavily weakened by the ranged resistance.

I was level 145 by the time I finished the sollosseum btw. Oh and I strongly suggest stocking up on Genie Juice from the chef in Evermore and making sure you have that active at all times.

Edited by madbuk