How many stages in Solosseum Slog?

9 hours ago, madbuk said:

27 ends with a worm who is resistant to magic and ranged attacks, so a good physical weapon is essential. You'll want one with darkness imbued or light imbued, as those are the weaknesses he can spawn with.

You'll get an okay light sword from finishing the story of the DLC, and that is what I used to finally kill him, and you can craft a great darkness sword using one of the new recipes you get from S ranking one of the arena matches. I cant remember which one, but it was before 27.

Having 3 weapons equipped is what I recommend as you'll want a weapon at full zing to cancel out boss summons and super moves, if you only have one you may not reach max zing quick enough to stop them.

As far as Leander vs Evan, Leander seems to have the better base stats, and I used him where possible against bosses (when their weaknesses matched his spells), but you have to use Evan to take advantage of fire and light weaknesses.

Roland was my choice for mob rounds due to his circular sword attack, and he's the best choice against the 27 worm as he seems to have stronger physical damage than Evan by default and darkness/light swords are easier to come by than darkness/light hammers or spears. Also I recommend Higgldy style for mob rounds because the big ball of light ranged attack is great at clearing the floating enemies you cant reach with melee. And avoid Ding Dong Dell style against the worm, it doesnt work properly.

For the worm, I also suggest removing Leander from your party and replacing him with Batu. I had a bow with a high chance of poisoning and if you have one of those on Batu, its great because the worm can sometimes spawn weak to poison. He's very resistant against ranged but if Batu gets poison active via the bow, the poison deals full damage instead of being heavily weakened by the ranged resistance.

I was level 145 by the time I finished the sollosseum btw. Oh and I strongly suggest stocking up on Genie Juice from the chef in Evermore and making sure you have that active at all times.

So, what s the best style of not Ding Dong dell'? I thought It was the best choice. Can u tell me the Styles i have to use with all 3 characters?

5 minutes ago, UItimate_Battler said:

So, what s the best style of not Ding Dong dell'? I thought It was the best choice. Can u tell me the Styles i have to use with all 3 characters?

Ding Dong Dell should be on Roland against every boss that isn't the worm. The problem is, the worm has a strange hit box that doesnt work with DDD style and every time you activate it is pretty much wasted time. During worm bosses I recommend putting him on Higgledy style instead for the Sirrah boosts (and extra glims.)

Evan and Leander should always have Wizard's Companion equipped. This DLC basically just comes down to WC spam for every boss who isnt resistant to magic. Use Evan/Leander on all bosses that arent resistant to magic and Roland against all mob floors and bosses who are resistant to magic. Higgledy style is what I recommend for Roland permanently tbh. You wont be using him during bosses anyway (besides worms) so the benefits of having him equipped with DDD are irrelevant and the magic light orb thing that replaces ranged attacks in Higgledy style is very useful against enemies outside the arena that cant be reached with melee. For enemies in the arena, play as Roland and spam his circular sword move.

Edited by madbuk

10 hours ago, madbuk said:

Ding Dong Dell should be on Roland against every boss that isn't the worm. The problem is, the worm has a strange hit box that doesnt work with DDD style and every time you activate it is pretty much wasted time. During worm bosses I recommend putting him on Higgledy style instead for the Sirrah boosts (and extra glims.)

Evan and Leander should always have Wizard's Companion equipped. This DLC basically just comes down to WC spam for every boss who isnt resistant to magic. Use Evan/Leander on all bosses that arent resistant to magic and Roland against all mob floors and bosses who are resistant to magic. Higgledy style is what I recommend for Roland permanently tbh. You wont be using him during bosses anyway (besides worms) so the benefits of having him equipped with DDD are irrelevant and the magic light orb thing that replaces ranged attacks in Higgledy style is very useful against enemies outside the arena that cant be reached with melee. For enemies in the arena, play as Roland and spam his circular sword move.

You are friggen amazing with these answers!

ok I do have a couple of more, so your usual party is Leander Evan and Roland? Or Leander/Evan, Roland and Tani?

also zing gauges for worm and stopping casting, why does it matter? What move are you trying to do? Full magic with full zing? Or something else?

also you get a light sword after DLC, you mean the DLC doesn’t include solosseum to finish? I can get the sword by just finishing the rabbit and high higgledies component? 

Thank you in advance for this wealth of knowledge!

20 hours ago, madbuk said:

27 ends with a worm who is resistant to magic and ranged attacks, so a good physical weapon is essential. You'll want one with darkness imbued or light imbued, as those are the weaknesses he can spawn with.

You'll get an okay light sword from finishing the story of the DLC, and that is what I used to finally kill him, and you can craft a great darkness sword using one of the new recipes you get from S ranking one of the arena matches. I cant remember which one, but it was before 27.

Having 3 weapons equipped is what I recommend as you'll want a weapon at full zing to cancel out boss summons and super moves, if you only have one you may not reach max zing quick enough to stop them.

As far as Leander vs Evan, Leander seems to have the better base stats, and I used him where possible against bosses (when their weaknesses matched his spells), but you have to use Evan to take advantage of fire and light weaknesses.

Roland was my choice for mob rounds due to his circular sword attack, and he's the best choice against the 27 worm as he seems to have stronger physical damage than Evan by default and darkness/light swords are easier to come by than darkness/light hammers or spears. Also I recommend Higgldy style for mob rounds because the big ball of light ranged attack is great at clearing the floating enemies you cant reach with melee. And avoid Ding Dong Dell style against the worm, it doesnt work properly.

For the worm, I also suggest removing Leander from your party and replacing him with Batu. I had a bow with a high chance of poisoning and if you have one of those on Batu, its great because the worm can sometimes spawn weak to poison. He's very resistant against ranged but if Batu gets poison active via the bow, the poison deals full damage instead of being heavily weakened by the ranged resistance.

I was level 145 by the time I finished the sollosseum btw. Oh and I strongly suggest stocking up on Genie Juice from the chef in Evermore and making sure you have that active at all times.

Also I sound super basic but I never use Roland so what is his circular sword attack? Is it one of his spells or is it part of a technique set? 

Im learning so much lol!

OH and forgot to also ask, you only use genie juice? I usually do killer kebabs on Evan and Leander and genie juice for tani who is usually my third or Roland. 

Also dont answer the circle attack, I saw that it’s one of his spells. 

While we’re on enhancement thing, what is your higgledy like up?

3 hours ago, vicecn said:You are friggen amazing with these answers!

ok I do have a couple of more, so your usual party is Leander Evan and Roland? Or Leander/Evan, Roland and Tani?

also zing gauges for worm and stopping casting, why does it matter? What move are you trying to do? Full magic with full zing? Or something else?

also you get a light sword after DLC, you mean the DLC doesn’t include solosseum to finish? I can get the sword by just finishing the rabbit and high higgledies component? 

Thank you in advance for this wealth of knowledge!

Also I sound super basic but I never use Roland so what is his circular sword attack? Is it one of his spells or is it part of a technique set? 

Im learning so much lol!

Roland/Leander/Evan was my lineup the entire time, apart from the 27 worm, when I swapped out Leander for Batu because Leander's melee is worthless.

When you have a max zing gauge, abilities are more powerful and much more likely to cancel out special attacks and summons. So you should make sure to always have at least one weapon at max zing for emergencies. You can still cancel them if you arent at max zing, it's just less likely. Roland's circular sword and dark ammo seem good at cancelling and any of Evan/Leanders magic in Wizards Companion style should work too.

Yes, you'll get a light sword just by finishing the story and killing the final boss after all the memory lanes. I believe the sword was called Sword of Unity but I may be wrong.

3 hours ago, vicecn said:

OH and forgot to also ask, you only use genie juice? I usually do killer kebabs on Evan and Leander and genie juice for tani who is usually my third or Roland. 

Also dont answer the circle attack, I saw that it’s one of his spells. 

While we’re on enhancement thing, what is your higgledy like up?

To be honest, I dont even know what any of the other food does. I just ate genie juice as everyone because that's what other people recommended for me. I'm not well versed on food so perhaps your set up for that is better than mine.

I have 3 higgledys with Higgledy Sirrah and one dark Higgledy with the ability to copy other Higgledy special attacks when used, so I essentially have 4 Sirrahs. They seemed to be the best because they ifnore enemy defences and always deal the same amount of damage.

2 hours ago, vicecn said:

Wait am I using the wrong Roland circle sword? I just tried it on mob and it did like 5/6x 2/3k hits.... is it meant to hit that low? And also it uses mp...

That sounds about right. It may not be a heavy hitter or one hit kill every enemy, but it's great for crowd clearing if you spam it and you can also just spam magic regen items to continue using it. 

32 minutes ago, gmfizzle said:

How do i defeat temper temple? My water based attacks are doing barely any damage on him and i dont have any strong water based weapons.  Any tips to defeat him fast enough to get a s rank?

Are you sure you have the tactic tweaker set correctly? Use genie juice, put water based higgledies in your party. Make sure water balloon (which is the spell I used) is upgraded properly. And most importantly, make sure Leander or whoever you’re using has at least 2000 in magic stats across the board. With those stats, you should be able to kill him fast enough using wizard’s companion. I didn’t have any decent water weapons when I did it.

2 hours ago, gmfizzle said:

I tried using evan but the water attacks are too weak. im having trouble vs the giant pig also he summons  a fairy seems i should be using leander instead of tami for wind magic attacks

Use Leander always for wind, dark and water. For light and fire, always use Evan. If the attacks are too weak, it's because your magic stats are too low or one of the other reasons I stated above. Also make sure that your two AI party members are set to gizmo supremo so that you can carry more MP replenish items such as sixth sensors. What is the number on the stat screen for magic in your game? Click on Equipment and Skills, highlight the relevant character, look in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and then look at the third bar from the top, ie the middle one. It should hopefully read at least 2000.

20 minutes ago, gmfizzle said:

Which one in gizmo supremo more mp items? Also thanks alot dude. My leander is over 2000 for magic stats

I can’t remember if having it equipped gives you more items to use automatically or if it’s in one of the skill points. If it is it should say underneath the skill. It might be wearable repairer but I’m not certain.

Edited by MythRaider1994

5 hours ago, gmfizzle said:

The robot thats weak versus light attacks is he resistant to magic attacks?

Light is a type of magic. If it says he's weak to light attacks then use Evan's light spells with wizard's companion against him. I remember he took a while to kill, so I think he is partially resistant to magic attacks. Wizard's companion is still the way to go though. The level 27 cetus boss is the only boss that I had to use physical attacks on.

38 minutes ago, gmfizzle said:

So the mushroom in 28 keeps  healing himself  how do u stop him from constantly  healing hjmself

I struggled with that the other day. When he disappears into the floor, you'll notice that several stalks appear from the ground. All of them are decoys except one, which is attached to the real mushroom. You need to attack the correct stalk with enough power to stop it from healing. The stalk you should attack is the one without a head attached to it. You'll notice that it looks different to the others. Hit it with a wizard's companion spell until the mushroom resurfaces. And obviously make sure the spell you use is of the correct element.

Edited by MythRaider1994

53 minutes ago, gmfizzle said:

So i was able to get s rank in all of the solosseum  slug missions. How do u get the rest of the Manuals for the higgledy  style and wizards companion?

Some of them are in Evermore kingdom (you'll see the "!" mark on the map). One is inside Oliver's house, and 10 should be in the doors dungeons (from the 2nd to the 6th, two in every dungeon hidden in chests, one for every new combat system). ?

Can't believe no one has a simple guide for the solosseum levels! Please fill out what works for you ;)  (copy this form or make your own)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| LEVEL  | MAGIC   | SWORD   | HAMMER   | BOW   | WAND   | RING   | NECKLACE   | BOOTS   | ROBE   | HIGGLEDY   | EXTRA   | EXTRA   |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Slog 1   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 2   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 3   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 4   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 5   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 6   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 7   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 8   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 9   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 10 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 11 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 12 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 13 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 14 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 15 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 16 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 17 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 18 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 19 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 20 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 21 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 22 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 23 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 24 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 25 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 26 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 27 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 28 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 29 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 30 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

On 03/04/2019 at 6:54 PM, gmfizzle said:

So i was able to get s rank in all of the solosseum  slug missions. How do u get the rest of the Manuals for the higgledy  style and wizards companion?

In the DLC dungeons. And there's one at his house.

For the magic resistant worm at the end of the 27th floor you can use the light sword magic it seems to deal melee damage depending on crits and if your current weapon is on 100% i dealt between 45k and 90k damage with that attack. My total time was 10:40, so there is much time to spare ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

... can someone do a run on youtube or explain their equipment or strategy starting level 20? Explain it like I'm an idiot who never paid much attention to fighting mechanics for most of the game... And does anyone change out their higgledys? I've been using the same set for every fight. Is there an advantage to changing them, and are there any particular sets they recommend? I see a lot of posts about maxing magic stats, but what stats are those and are there specific items that do it, or do you have to hope to pick up weapons/armor with the skills as a random drop? Are weapons/armor from the labyrinth floor 80-100 the best you can get, or should I be trying to craft new ones? I just feel like I'm missing some fundamental skill for how to approach the Solosseum.