Which DLC to start first, things to lookout for?

Hey guys. I just finished my second playthrough and got the platinum and I was wondering what DLC should I start first?

Suggested level for HoS main quest: Evil Soft First Touches is 68 and B&W Envoys, Wineboys is 70.

I'm level 65 now. Is it good to start now or should I do more side quests and level up? I have 25 side quest available and 25 contracts that I can do. I remember trying to play HoS after the first playthough in level 36 (I think) and Toad 'Prince' beat the shit out of me.

My character build is mostly from the combat tree, should I adjust that?

And is there any sword/potion that I should look out for? I got through the new game+ with buying the highest level sword available from blacksmiths and swallow potion only.

and just to confirm, lowering the difficulty wont stop the trophies for popping right? 

Thank you.

Heart of stone first definitely followed by Blood and Wine.

Blood and Wine ties the story up pretty nicely really and it’s a huge new map really so definitely save it for last.

In terms of builds, it’s all about personal preference really. I had a combat and alchemy build which made me ridiculously strong really. It’s all about mixing it up I’d say.

This was the closest I had my build. Trust me, it’s a great one but you may want to play around with what makes you more comfortable.

Yeah, lowering the difficulty is fine for when you’ve got the Death March trophy from the base game but the game is a lot more fun on DM.

Good luck, you’re in for a treat with the DLC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ImmortalFox- said:

Heart of stone first definitely followed by Blood and Wine.

Blood and Wine ties the story up pretty nicely really and it’s a huge new map really so definitely save it for last.

In terms of builds, it’s all about personal preference really. I had a combat and alchemy build which made me ridiculously strong really. It’s all about mixing it up I’d say.

This was the closest I had my build. Trust me, it’s a great one but you may want to play around with what makes you more comfortable.

Yeah, lowering the difficulty is fine for when you’ve got the Death March trophy from the base game but the game is a lot more fun on DM.

Good luck, you’re in for a treat with the DLC.

Alright ?

I will check the video.

While playing DM, I feel like I was stuck with Quen.. It was very helpful but I kind of got bored and my skills in dodging wasn't the best so I would die a lot if I was using other signs.

Thank you!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ItssMohammed said:

Alright 1f44d.png

I will check the video.

While playing DM, I feel like I was stuck with Quen.. It was very helpful but I kind of got bored and my skills in dodging wasn't the best so I would die a lot if I was using other signs.

Thank you!

No problem. You don't have to copy the video bit by bit just take the idea and make it your own or whatever you want to do. Having Alchemy as part of your build though, does wonders. Keeps your health high all the time, weapon buffs etc. Worth a look.

I agree though, for the most part you pretty much are stuck with Quen unless you can nail down the dodges but that can be really tough. Mainly monsters though. Humans I'd constantly dodge around with Circle and then use Axii to confuse them and jump in. The rest of the signs for me didn't do much.

• Like 1