Silent Hill Anniversary Collection (Wish and Support Topic)

DarkLordSHTR

Included,

Silent Hill 1 : Remake

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 3

Silent Hill 4 : The Room

Silent Hill : Origins

Silent Hill : Homecoming

Silent Hill : Shattered Memories

Silent Hill : Downpour

Konami announces new collections.
And they surprised everyone.

I think we can get a collection in Silent Hill.
We just need to get their attention.

I have some ideas for that.
We can send mail and twitts.

And we should call.

We need your contribution.
Please support.

---------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/konami

https://twitter.com/konamieu

[email protected]

https://www.konami.com/games/eu/en/pages/contact_us/

https://us-support.konami.com/s/contactsupport

https://www.gaming.konami.com/corporate/home/contact.aspx

• Like 1

To me this is a pipe dream that won't come as if we did get a port of them it is going to be just sh 2 and 3 hd that was on ps3 and homecoming downpour and the others that were made. Like the ps2 ones of origins and shattered memories then the wii or psp ones of them. Along with, maybe and hardly think they would put the book of memories in it too as for the rest. It won't come at all. like 4 or 1 as it is too much work for them to try to care. they would make a new one I bet just to milk every drop of cash out of the dead horse that is Silent Hill. Am sorry to say but it is better if we just let it go and move on.

Hey at least maybe annoy Sony to bring back Siren maybe as the old members of team silent are there at least some of them are.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah even then Sony would have to want it lol and they won't.

You are right 

1. Konami will not ever take the time to ground up remake SH 

2. Konami saw 4 as a failure and won't ever do it (see CV 2 and CVCOD for reference)

3.Anything ps3 is a super big dream considering nothing has been made on ps4 by konami besides half added ports, but if you really want a sub shitty version of downpour then I would rethink even asking for it.

4. More of the side shit won't ever be touched, only 2/3 exist in konami's eyes like SOTN that gets released 100 times because it's the only best SELLING key word here game.

5. Konami hasn't forgotten silent hill, they don't wake up and say hey what's that game we made? So reminding them won't make any lightbulbs turn on there. If they have it planned then it's 2/3 and MAYBE 1 but not HD.

And that's if they are too fucked to milk it for $20-$40 and beat that dead horse to death with unoptimized unplayable states.

Nothing from them has been quality as of late, and it is a true shame, but it's a sad harsh reality.

hate to be the negative nancy on this, but I talk from experience, any konami fans out there should just wait and don't expect much and be pleasantly surprised then hype yourselves and but utterly disappointed.

They are cashing in on sub par collections but it doesn't mean they will do any IPs justice, time will tell, but I for one am not holding my hopes up ppl

Yep, I agree with all here. I gave up like I did with betheda, just wait to see what they do. Don't hype yourself to be just disappointed or just put down by the people who made it ie Ea when saying battlefield 5 failed due to so and so and all that jazz and saying so on about how gamers are and so on. I don't like going on about negative stuff but can't really help it when it is everywhere.

But yeah. I will just be the kind who has hope but it is small and not hyped as that hope can easily turn to despair when your not looking. (Bad danganronpa ref I know) 

Only way to get a Silent Hill collection on PS4 is if another company buys the rights for it but lets Konami still make Silent Hill pachinko machines. 

And if a collection is ever made they probably fuck it up just like they did with Silent Hill HD collection, especially Silent Hill 2.  SH2 was way to bright compared to previous PS2 version and barely had any fog, performance was also crap. Atleast you could change to the original voice actors.

Edited by Quink666

18 hours ago, NekoRave said:

there's a reason the hd collection was done extremely poorly on ps3.

Beyond "not caring" they lost the source code so weren't working with the finalized code of the game. I suppose that falls in line with "not caring" since how do you lose source code of your games? But tons of companies do this and not all of them are on Konami's shitty level. (Vanillaware, Sega, Sony [Guerilla nearly lost the source code of the original Killzone], Square Enix...

The industry has no future, let's be honest. None of the companies seem to care if their games are lost to time. The fact so many games these days are "service" games which require an online connection just shows how little so many companies give a shit. Who cares. It's not like they spend years of their lives and blood, sweat and tears working on these games. Who cares if people can play them in 20 years. Source code? Who needs to keep track of that?

Such a mess.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Beyond "not caring" they lost the source code so weren't working with the finalized code of the game. I suppose that falls in line with "not caring" since how do you lose source code of your games? But tons of companies do this and not all of them are on Konami's shitty level. (Vanillaware, Sega, Sony [Guerilla nearly lost the source code of the original Killzone], Square Enix...

The industry has no future, let's be honest. None of the companies seem to care if their games are lost to time. The fact so many games these days are "service" games which require an online connection just shows how little so many companies give a shit. Who cares. It's not like they spend years of their lives and blood, sweat and tears working on these games. Who cares if people can play them in 20 years. Source code? Who needs to keep track of that?

Such a mess.

Files take space and space is a precious thing for a company where paperwork and data are being churned out on a daily basis. Plus some workers simply don't care about proper storage once the job is done. That's not to say it's done intentionally but that things like this will inevitably fall between the cracks. Ask me to bring up legal documents from my company from five years ago and I'll give you a shrug

I would be more into a true Silent Hill 1 Remake but due to the work that would do , i don't see that happen anytime soon thanks to Konami shit and anti-consumer policies . For the other Silent Hill titles i can manage playing the original versions just fine like Silent Hill 2 and 3 and the more modern entries like Homecoming and Downpour are from last-gen so they are not that hard to get into to today standards imo although Downpour felt a bit terrible and not that good to play cause of constant Frame drops and freezes i experienced while playing on PS3 for me . 

20 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Such a mess.

Well said. 

I think Ubisoft is already doing this with the original Assassins Creed. Insomniac Games doesn’t care at all about Resistance: Fall of Man or Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction. I would love to see Tools of Destruction get a HD PS4 with much needed retouching and some minor changes to it’s game mechanics. 

But you basically described the PS2 games in a nutshell. Nobody cares. Preserving history and having an archive apparently isn’t in the dictionary book.

Konami and Capcom are two different companies.

Capcom has released their old library of games and remade Resident Evil 2 to good success. The only thing Konami has done anything good in is re-releasing two of their old Castlevania games, which I hear are enjoyable to play based on what I've heard from people.

After Metal Gear Rising I don't think I'm looking forward to anything Konami does anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the source code?

As I understand it. You're talking about the main files.
Even if they loses that. They Can't be make again?

Can't a big company do this?
Why isn't this happening when Remake games can be done?

That doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by DarkLordSHTR