Does a games trophy rarity have any effect on your desire to play it

DEI2EK

On 20-3-2019 at 5:36 PM, Angus1343 said:

That's because it's generally not true for the most part 1f609.png

I have accumulated a couple of UR's on my profile in the last year or so, more than a gamer of my mediocre skill level should hope to get. But the majority of them were not very difficult, I just bothered to go out and get them. All the UR F1 plats are a good example. Not hard, just a bit grindy at times.

I also seem to like a lot of "bad" games that most other people do not bother to play after some time.

Having said that, if someone enjoys only going for < 50% rarity on their profile, then more power to them! We all enjoy this hobby in our own way and my way is not better than yours.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

I'm still a new trophy hunter, but I did start my account with a lot of easy games because of that always addicting DING sound when a trophy pops. I'm moving forward with just focusing on games that I enjoy since it ends up being more satisfying and fun such as my journey through completing Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. Easy games did introduce me to some pretty fun games such as ICEY and some pretty bad ones like Adam's Venture Origins.

I like to go for UR plats and also difficult games, often those two things overlap. I do like challenging games and even if the game itself isn't great the challenge can make it more enjoyable to me. If I'm gonna play a game with a really high plat percentage it's most likely a game I'm particularly interested in. It's not often (though it will happen from time to time) that I'll play an easy game just for quick trophies.

On 20/03/2019 at 11:59 PM, MandA60VISE said:

Not at all because some games just have a low trophy percentage because it's a bad game, niche game, or it was free with PS+ at some point. The high percentage just tells me it's usually quick and/or easy but not necessarily bad or bland, I.E. iCEY or Donut County.

man iCEY was so good aha 

On ‎20‎.‎03‎.‎2019 at 4:33 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

one recent example i started 2064 when it became a ps+ title lately and am disappointed the rarity went up to Very Rare :(

I feel your pain. I played 2064 for the exact same reason. I bet if there wouldn't be a walkthrough, the game would still have 10 UR trophies.

How is this in the Consoles section of the forums? Thread is out of place here.

===

The only factors that generally affect my desire to play a game is how much online I have to deal with to get the platinum, or to achieve 100 percent.

I don't have Overwatch or Paladins because I don't like those kinds of games. Same with Destiny 2 and Anthem.

As long as it's not stupendously difficult and long like Crypt of the Necrodancer, I have a desire to play a good number of games as long as I have interest in them. I don't buy games I'm not interested in.

Edited by Spaz