Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Officially Announced for PC

Ghost

Wasn't expecting this..

During Epic Games’ keynote at Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, Quantic Dream announced that its former PlayStation exclusives Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are coming to PC.

No release date yet but the store pages are already open for all three, and you can find Detroit: Become Human hereHeavy Rain here and Beyond: Two Souls here.

Spec requirements:

Spoiler

Detroit: Become Human

Minimum Requirements

Recommended

OSWindows 7-64 bits OSWindows 10-64 bits
Processori5-2400 @ 3.4GHz or equivalent ProcessorI7-2700K or equivalent
Memory4GB RAM Memory12GB RAM
GraphicsnVidia GTX 660 or equivalent GraphicsnVidia GTX 1080 or equivalent
VRAM2GB VRAM8GB
Graphics APIVulkan Graphics APIVulkan

Beyond: Two Souls

Minimum Requirements Recommended
OSWindows 7-64 bits OSWindows 7-64 bits
GraphicsnVidia GTX 660 or equivalent GraphicsnVidia GTX 1080 or equivalent
Memory4GB RAM Memory12GB RAM
VRAM2GB VRAM8GB
DirectX11 DirectX11

Heavy Rain

Minimum Requirements Recommended
OSWindows 7-64 bits OSWindows 7-64 bits
GraphicsnVidia GTX 660 GraphicsnVidia GTX 1080 or equivalent
Memory4GB Ram Memory12GB Ram
VRAM2GB VRAM8GB
Direct X11 “ Direct X11 “

Source: Twininfinite

• Like 1

Not that i care that these are going to be on PC what i care about is that Epic Games is pulling a Microsoft and simply throwing money ad devs to make their games exclusive to their store just so they can go "see we are so kewl look at our exclusives!" Epic did it with Metro Exodus to the point where they forced Deep Silver to remove the steam ver. They just recently did it with Phoenix Point kickstart game even though they got funding and promised it would not be exclusive. Epic clearly added enough 0's to the paycheck to make the devs lose their integrity.

Edited by EmoKitten4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

https://twitter.com/David__Cage/status/1108426002449850369

seems kinda like a dick move to throw shade like this

I don't know if he intended that or not. It does read kind of passive aggressive and bitchy though. He should've worded that better if it wasn't his intention.

But it wouldn't be the first time people were ungrateful in similar situations. Remember when Ninja Theory trashed exclusives when they were releasing Enslaved? And then karma had that game tank harder than Heavenly Sword (which sold fine for a new IP anyway). Shame as I love Enslaved, but it makes me laugh.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Not that i care that these are going to be on PC what i care about is that Epic Games is pulling a Microsoft and simply throwing money ad devs to make their games exclusive to their store just so they can go "see we are so kewl look at our exclusives!" Epic did it with Metro Exodus to the point where they forced Deep Silver to remove the steam ver. They just recently did it with Phoenix Point kickstart game even though they got funding and promised it would not be exclusive. Epic clearly added enough 0's to the paycheck to make the devs lose their integrity.

At the end of the day, exclusives are the life blood of any gaming platform and if you don't have anything to differentiate yourself from the competition you aren't going to do very well

• Like 1

Just now, majob said:

At the end of the day, exclusives are the life blood of any gaming platform and if you don't have anything to differentiate yourself from the competition you aren't going to do very well

Or Epic could try making games again instead of just riding Fortnite to hell and back. Then they will have exclusives that truly make them stand out. Not this clear buy off crap that annoys most people from both MS and now Epic.

10 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Or Epic could try making games again instead of just riding Fortnite to hell and back. Then they will have exclusives that truly make them stand out. Not this clear buy off crap that annoys most people from both MS and now Epic.

Yeah, it's fine to fund the creation of exclusives or develop your own.

It's not okay to simply take a game that's going to release everywhere, then pay to have it not release anywhere else for a limited time. That's bullshit. And it was something the PC platform didn't have to deal with, until Epic graced us with their terrible store which has no features so has to artificially create a benefit for using them. Like getting "exclusive" games. They give thea wesome feature of letting you buy a game you can't get anywhere else for a year... because they paid for it not to release anywhere else for a year. They cause the problem, and you pay them for the solution. What a great feature. Well, beyond their best feature getting endless "failed login attempts" emails from them...

I don't count the free games since Humble has been doing that for ages, and they never had to buy exclusivity to carve a piece out of PC gaming. They did something Valve didn't with steam and were creative. Look at how far they've come. GOG did the same, did something Valve wasn't doing. What is Epic doing that nobody else is? Paying devs/publishers so they delay their games on the competition... no thanks.

Edited by Elvick_

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

It's not okay to simply take a game that's going to release everywhere, then pay to have it not release anywhere else for a limited time. That's bullshit. And it was something the PC platform didn't have to deal with, until Epic graced us with their terrible store which has no features so has to artificially create a benefit for using them. Like getting "exclusive" games. They give thea wesome feature of letting you buy a game you can't get anywhere else for a year... because they paid for it not to release anywhere else for a year. They cause the problem, and you pay them for the solution. What a great feature. Well, beyond their best feature getting endless "failed login attempts" emails from them...

I don't count the free games since Humble has been doing that for ages, and they never had to buy exclusivity to carve a piece out of PC gaming. They did something Valve didn't with steam and were creative. Look at how far they've come. GOG did the same, did something Valve wasn't doing. What is Epic doing that nobody else is? Paying devs/publishers so they delay their games on the competition... no thanks.

Didn't work out so well for MS either when they bought off Dead Rising 4,Rise of the Tomb Raider and a few others i'm probably forgetting. Now MS is pretty much dropping exclusives for the most part and are throwing everything on PC and Nintendo(Cuphead is heading to switch in April). Epic will fail and harm studios in the process because when Rise of the Tomb Raider launched with the 1 year exclusive deal it sold sooooooooooooooooo BADLY we almost didn't even get Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Square Enix even came out and said it was a extremely bad idea.

I have heard nothing but bad things about Epic store as well as how it's apparently stealing peoples info from STEAM'S OWN FILES!!. Epic Games got super high and mighty for stealing their idea from PUBG for Fortnite got lucky as hell it took off the way that it did and is now acting like they can buy their way into peoples homes.

Edited by EmoKitten4

2 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Didn't work out so well for MS either when they bought off Dead Rising 4,Rise of the Tomb Raider and a few others i'm probably forgetting. Now MS is pretty much dropping exclusives for the most part and are throwing everything on PC and Nintendo(Cuphead is heading to switch in April). Epic will fail and harm studios in the process because when Rise of the Tomb Raider launched with the 1 year exclusive deal it sold sooooooooooooooooo BADLY we almost didn't even get Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Square Enix even came out and said it was a extremely bad idea.

I have heard nothing but bad things about Epic store as well as how it's apparently stealing peoples info from STEAM'S OWN FILES!!. Epic Games got super high and mighty for stealing their idea from PUBG for Fortnite got lucky as hell it took off the way that it did and is now acting like they can buy their way into peoples homes.

You know you messed up when you get people routing for EA to take you down (Apex Legends). When EA is the lesser of two evils, maybe it's time to re-evaluate things.

13 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I would argue that store exclusives are a little bit different than console exclusives. The difference being, you don't have to buy an entire new system just to access the games. You only have to download a free launcher. That is not to say that I agree with their practices. Also, Epic Store is a pile of poorly optimized shit. I can't even download or patch games, and I'm not alone in having that issue. My download speed is non-existent and no solution seems to work. I'll stay loyal to Steam due to their policies and the fact that their launcher/software has never failed me. GOG has crashing issues as well. The main problem really, is that Steams competition, for the most part, sucks. If they had software that actually worked (and had basic consumer features that any company should provide), I wouldn't have that big of an issue with these deals.

Edited by SinisterPledge

1 minute ago, SinisterPledge said:

I would argue that store exclusives are a little bit different than console exclusives. The difference being, you don't have to buy an entire new system just to access the games. You only have to download a free launcher. That is not to say that I agree with their practices. Also, Epic Store is a pile of poorly optimized shit. I can't even download or patch games, and I'm not alone in having that issue. My download speed is non-existent and no solution seems to work. I'll stay loyal to Steam due to their policies and the fact that their launcher/software has never failed me. GOG has crashing issues as well. The main problem really, is that Steams competition, for the most part, sucks. If they had software that actually worked (and had basic consumer features that any company should provide), I wouldn't have an issue with these deals.

True you don't need a new console to play a store exclusive but you do need to be very careful of what you are agreeing to in the terms and agreements. Consoles it's pretty straight forward. PC? You could be agreeing to let them add spyware to your computer through their launcher selling off your info to google or other ad generators or 3rd party buyers wanting to harass people with loans and credit cards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

I would argue that store exclusives are a little bit different than console exclusives. The difference being, you don't have to buy an entire new system just to access the games. You only have to download a free launcher. That is not to say that I agree with their practices. Also, Epic Store is a pile of poorly optimized shit. I can't even download or patch games, and I'm not alone in having that issue. My download speed is non-existent and no solution seems to work. I'll stay loyal to Steam due to their policies and the fact that their launcher/software has never failed me. GOG has crashing issues as well. The main problem really, is that Steams competition, for the most part, sucks. If they had software that actually worked (and had basic consumer features that any company should provide), I wouldn't have that big of an issue with these deals.

It doesn't matter that it's "free" to download, it's adding at best bloatware to your PC for no good reason. Even if the security was perfect and your personal information was safe. It's still wasting hardware space on your PC for something you don't want. It doesn't matter that it's free. They literally paid to have games not come out on other platforms. That's what they paid for. Why should we reward that by using their crappy store?

But beyond that their security is questionable. I deleted my Epic account because I don't want any of my information stored on there, and I don't want to continuously get emails about failed login attempts that make me nervous. I'd rather avoid that and keep using Steam. Which I've not had that issue with at all.

Just dumping all your personal information everywhere is a bad idea. And it's a really bad idea when the store has multiple issues pertaining to security.

If all it takes to defend this is "well it's free to download"... then that's dumb. A lot of things that are bad for your computer are free to download. You have to be wary of what you install onto your PC. Because most people have personal information on them. So it's even more important to limit what you download. Rather than make excuses to install more and more things that you have to be aware of at all times. It's bad enough that so many internet companies wait years after a breach to bother telling anybody about it.

And people should just install software willy nilly for games that were paid to be removed from Steam and other competitors? No. I'd rather spend $300 on another console than risk all that comes with questionable software on a PC.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

True you don't need a new console to play a store exclusive but you do need to be very careful of what you are agreeing to in the terms and agreements. Consoles it's pretty straight forward. PC? You could be agreeing to let them add spyware to your computer through their launcher selling off your info to google or other ad generators or 3rd party buyers wanting to harass people with loans and credit cards. 

Oh yes, absolutely. That is a real issue, though not limited to Epic Store. I know of games on Steam that install spyware as well. Not that you claimed otherwise, of course. People need to be aware of what they agree to and what they install on their computers. It's one of the charms of consoles imo. Much less hassle and risks. I guess that is the price you pay for technological superiority. I agree that is an issue, and while it does have some relevance here, I think it's bordering on being its own problem. I also don't think store exclusives are the issue in that regard, but the fact that some games and stores have poor quality control among other things.

What I'm trying to say, or my point rather, is that I don't have an issue with store exclusives in an open market, but rather the actual companies in that market.

9 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

It doesn't matter that it's "free" to download, it's adding at best bloatware to your PC for no good reason. Even if the security was perfect and your personal information was safe. It's still wasting hardware space on your PC for something you don't want. It doesn't matter that it's free. They literally paid to have games not come out on other platforms. That's what they paid for. Why should we reward that by using their crappy store?

But beyond that their security is questionable. I deleted my Epic account because I don't want any of my information stored on there, and I don't want to continuously get emails about failed login attempts that make me nervous. I'd rather avoid that and keep using Steam. Which I've not had that issue with at all.

Just dumping all your personal information everywhere is a bad idea. And it's a really bad idea when the store has multiple issues pertaining to security.

If all it takes to defend this is "well it's free to download"... then that's dumb. A lot of things that are bad for your computer are free to download. You have to be wary of what you install onto your PC. Because most people have personal information on them. So it's even more important to limit what you download. Rather than make excuses to install more and more things that you have to be aware of at all times. It's bad enough that so many internet companies wait years after a breach to bother telling anybody about it.

And people should just install software willy nilly for games that were paid to be removed from Steam and other competitors? No. I'd rather spend $300 on another console than risk all that comes with questionable software on a PC.

Eh, I disagree with that. There is a big difference, depending on who you are. Sure, you can afford, or would rather pay $300 on a new console. But a lot of people can't. The fact that you can access exclusives through free software is nothing to disregard. So yeah, "well, it's a free download" makes a big difference to some people. Wasting hardware space is more preferable than spending $300 dollars unless you're good on cash. Again, not defending Epic Store. Again, not defending their business practices. And yes, I got those emails too. Funny that you should mention that. I need to get rid off my account as well. Not like I can actually use their shitty launcher anyways.

Edited by SinisterPledge

8 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

Eh, I disagree with that. There is a big difference, depending on who you are. Sure, you can afford

I said nothing about affordability. So you're disagreeing with a strawman. Have fun. You don't need me for this.

Just now, Elvick_ said:

I said nothing about affordability. So you're disagreeing with a strawman. Have fun. You don't need me for this.

You said it doesn't matter if it's free. My argument is that it does matter. Calm down a bit there. It's fine if you don't want to continue the debate, but there is no need to get emotional or make up stuff. Have a good day/evening!

3 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

You said it doesn't matter if it's free. My argument is that it does matter. Calm down a bit there.

I said it doesn't matter if it's free, because of the reasons I stated... all of which about PC itself. Avoiding mention of console other than a hypothetical at the end. Because the comparison of PC and console here is irrelevant to the fact that being free software on PC doesn't matter. That is a point that stands on it's own. No comparison to console needed.

Calm down? I'm just fine thanks. I just don't bother with people who create strawmen. If you want to argue points that don't exist, you don't need me for that. That's just fact. You can create all the little strawmen you want out of thin air and burn them to a crisp. I don't need to be involved with that process.

there is no need to get emotional or make up stuff.

Very much what I assumed, projection. You're the one making stuff up. So you're probably bothered by my comment so projecting that to me. When you have no idea how I'm feeling. Or you're trolling, which is hardly any better.

1 minute ago, Elvick_ said:

I said it doesn't matter if it's free, because of the reasons I stated... all of which about PC itself. Avoiding mention of console other than a hypothetical at the end. Because the comparison of PC and console here is irrelevant to the fact that being free software on PC doesn't matter. That is a point that stands on it's own. No comparison to console needed.

Calm down? I'm just fine thanks. I just don't bother with people who create strawmen. If you want to argue points that don't exist, you don't need me for that. That's just fact. You can create all the little strawmen you want out of thin air and burn them to a crisp. I don't need to be involved with that process.

Very much what I assumed, projection. You're the one making stuff up. So you're probably bothered by my comment so projecting that to me. When you have no idea how I'm feeling. Or you're trolling, which is hardly any better.

Are you for real? Why are you overreacting like a moody teen? No I'm not trolling, I'm actually baffled because you have always come off as a mature, sensible person when I've read your posts, but everyone has bad days I guess. I'll let you cool off, because I really hope that's the case.

Perhaps we misunderstood each other, or perhaps the fault lies with me, that I didn't specify which parts of your replies I was referring to. Regardless, it seems like nothing good will come out of our discussion. I am not creating strawmen, and I'm not projecting anything. Yes, I am a little bit bothered that you would throw a fit and falsely accuse me, but I won't lose any sleep over it, don't worry. Just lost a bit of respect is all. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue the discussion, though. These forums are toxic enough as it is, so I'll refrain from continuing this exchange publicly.