Anyone else feel like this about Fortnite?

PatinumNumemon

I've been playing Fortnite since season 1 (although I never bought the Battle Pass until season 3) and I got Save The World during season 4 to get the platinum trophy (and also V-Bucks lol), but now I feel that the game is really a great big chore. I try to keep up in battle royale because I do (or used to really) enjoy multiplayer games but it is like every time I play I always run into the sweatiest players that build up all the way to the build limit just to fall and one-shot me with a pump. On the STW side, I am definitely going to get the platinum trophy to Fortnite. No doubt. But STW has gotten so boring to me! You do the same thing over and over again for about 20 minutes a round, and then with the huge grinding trophies you would be lucky if you ever move up 1% in progress towards one of the trophies (they have added in-game counters for the grind trophies like the 1,000 PWO missions and 20,000 mist monsters)! Does anyone else feel like this with Fortnite? I really do love both the battle royale and STW games but I feel I just can't do it no more. ? 

As any multiplayer, competitive game ages, players rapidly get better. Fortnite is a game that the average person can get a lot better at just by playing, and those who don't play consistently every day are often left behind. I think it was only a matter of time before this was the case, it happens with basically every multiplayer game. Players get exceedingly good, makes it not as fun for more casual players.

As for STW, the game is flawed but it has certainly gotten better over time, but it's not worth slaving through the asinine trophy list. It's not even a matter of difficulty, it's just plain boring, and that should be a deal breaker for most people.

You have an absolutely valid point. I have seen this happen with many online games, like Mortal Kombat X and the many Call of Duty games that have came out in the past few years. And I also do not have a problem with people being better than me; I'm not that arrogant lol it is just that it feels like the people who tryhard on the game just do too much, if you know what I mean. I'm pretty good at the game and will try my best to stay with the game, at least until I get the platinum trophy. 

The best thing about Fortnite is that you can turn it off and go play Apex Legends ?

@PatinumNumemon Seriously, if you're into the Battle Royale genre, do yourself a favor and go play Apex (if you haven't already). Superb gameplay. Very, very fun to play.

It will for sure help you take a refreshing break from that grind you're undertaking?

To everyone that has replied on this forum that I have not seen until now, thank you for your responses. As for your recommendation, @LastMinuteSavior, I might check out Apex at some point, but I don't know for sure. After dealing with the frustrations of Fortnite and Blackout on Black Ops 4, they made me not want to have to deal with another battle royale game ever again ? especially after that 438m shot I made to unlock Reznov for Blackout Historian. But something does tell me Apex should not be that challenging, although I have not looked at the trophy list.

@PatinumNumemon Trophies are easy peasy.

This game would be worth playing even if it didn't have trophies. It's really fun and addictive. Been playing it way past getting 100% on the trophies. Other full price AAA games would be lucky to have such finely tuned gameplay.

Also, even though this game is its own thing, mixing concepts and bringing new ideas to the genre, you'll still be rewarded from having experience from other BR and fast paced shooters.

You gotta try this one out!