Bitmap Brothers Classic

Thomas-R_82

From what I've read from the PC version (I think it was) the opening tune is not present.

There's been a bit of a graphics update but gameplay hasn't changed from the original.

I played this a lot back in the day along with Bitmap Brothers other classic Xenon 2.

Reviews (not PS4) have been average at best because the mechanics haven't changed.

I'm going to get it because of these reasons but I can see it putting off a lot of people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Burgins said:

What was your favorite part of the game growing up?

There was a puzzle aspect using levers which added to navigating the levels, the end of level bosses where tough (at the time) and also a trader at the end to exchange for items.

I noticed the graphical change, also saw there is a graphical switch on the fly ala monkey Island etc you can do as well.

I'm unsure if it will win over any new fans if the mechanics are the same jumping from what I remember was precise and a tad frustrating, but I would buy it for nostalgia same as I did with superfrog and another world. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 8:23 AM, Riddler_Tam said:

There was a puzzle aspect using levers which added to navigating the levels, the end of level bosses where tough (at the time) and also a trader at the end to exchange for items.

I noticed the graphical change, also saw there is a graphical switch on the fly ala monkey Island etc you can do as well.

I'm unsure if it will win over any new fans if the mechanics are the same jumping from what I remember was precise and a tad frustrating, but I would buy it for nostalgia same as I did with superfrog and another world. 

You're talking about the Special Edition of Monkey Island?

There's an option to switch graphics from new to old school and vice versa and this looks to be the same ordeal.

This game came out just before I started to get into gaming, around 1991 - 1992 according to the Wikipedia page. So I never got to play it.

• 1 month later...

Just found this game on the store and really want to buy the game, I enjoyed playing Gods on the Amiga 1200 we had when I was growing up.  But my favourite Bitmap Brothers game has to be Chaos Engine. If they remade/remastered that I would lose my mind lol

• 5 months later...

Can’t believe this exists! I used to play this on the Amiga 500. Never finished it back then but I remember playing the first 30 minutes or so countless of times. Definitely buying this and I hope they remaster more games from this era!