PS4 unlimted pre-orders at Gamestop

drummerklg

A leaked memo from Sony to GameStop was sent this morning, telling the American gaming retailer to take unlimited pre-orders of the upcoming PlayStation 4 console.

The memo reads, "Starting now, through this weekend and until further notice, Sony has allowed us to take unlimited preorders beyond your current allotments. In other-words, the flood gates are open for PS4 system reserves, we will let you know when to stop preordering based on limited quantities."

GameTrailers acquired the memo from a source and verified it with another source as well. Reportedly one GameStop store originally began with 24 PS4 pre-orders available then saw the number available rise to 138. Last week, GameStop executives told Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton they would buy "every single unit" that could be manufactured.

Edited by drummerklg

the pre orders are unlimited, doesnt mean the actually supply is

I never said it did.It just sounds like there will be more units available than there were last launch, when people were hospitalized for brawling with each other and the always-lazy assholes were throwing up PS3s on Craigslist and eBay for $800 and $900. The more organized this is, and the larger the supply, the better - even if it isn't infinite.

Intresting, this memo hit my local Gamestop the day after the conference. Thought it was common knowledge that it was game on when it came to pre orders on PS4s. XBox Ones on the other hand are crazy limited (my local Gamestop got a whopping to they could let out for pre order.

I am a bit worried that Sony may not be able to deliver all those PS4 on Launch day, but let's see.

That's what I was thinking as well. I could see them struggling to meet the demand for the console. I hope not, but still it's going to be hard when you make it unlimited.