PlayStation’s “State of Play” Live Annoncements - March 25th 2:00 PM PST

Maxie_M0us3

Crash Team Racing, Days Gone, and Concrete Genie look pretty good. Mortal Kombat 11 also looks nice too but I likely won't get it since it's a fighting game but I hope it does well anyway.

Wasn't happy that 90% of the direct was VR(i don't support the gimmick) and 90% was "coming soon". I honestly just don't care about announcements anymore because they always announce them years in advanced and i'm not getting any younger. I'm looking forward to Concrete Genie but that was announced what? 2 years ago? going on 3? I think the only game that was shown that is actually getting a release is Days Gone.

I've never seen a Nintendo Direct before, so I don't know the exact format. As to what was showcased, it's a first.

My personal highlights:

-CTR was cool. Didn't expect the "retro" mode.

-Observation looks interesting. Kinda reminds me of Alien Isolation. It seems worth to check out when it comes out.

-MK 11 was fun to watch.

Well, at least we got a look at how this may shape down the road. It's better than E3 in format.

39 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Wasn't happy that 90% of the direct was VR(i don't support the gimmick) and 90% was "coming soon". I honestly just don't care about announcements anymore because they always announce them years in advanced and i'm not getting any younger. I'm looking forward to Concrete Genie but that was announced what? 2 years ago? going on 3? I think the only game that was shown that is actually getting a release is Days Gone.

At least we got some more insight into how Concrete Genie is kinda going to play. It reminds me of inFamous somehow.

• Like 1

Clearly, it is impossible to please everyone with a short, manicured video.

I dug the VR showcase. It demonstrates that they are not discounting the hardware after the solid year it had in 2018.  Still do not own it, but might bite if there is a good sale on it this year.

Crash Team Racing, Days Gone and Concrete Genie are all looking good and likely represent the closest releases. 

I was hoping for Sony to announce updates to the PS plus features now that PS3 and Vita games have been retired and the April games are due to be unveiled this week.  Very much wishful thinking.

I didn't see it but it sounds like I didn't miss much. If you're going to skip E3 and PSX and then announce your own little show like this, expect disappointment when it's a bunch of VR stuff and a few trailers for existing games. People wanted real content, not just an extended Blog post video. 

I watched the livestream. My impression?

• Days Gone will be great for sure! Crash Team Racing with its retro graphics mode look good!
  • It's absolutely amazing that No Man's Sky gets a VR mode, itnever stops to improve and becomes better, after a such catastrophic launch filled of lies.
  • Five Night at Freddie's VR... oh boy cannot wait the kids going insane over it...

It was decent for a start, I just wish to see a host actually talking to us the viewers on camera, and not just a voiceover.

Extremely lacklustre if I'm honest.

Most of it excluded me and most others as we haven't spent £300 on a headset.

Of the games I can participate in:

Crash Team Racing, a game from 1999. That did nothing for me - even 20 years ago but I'm sure others will be excited for this exactly as they were for Spyro.

Concrete Genie - This doesn't appeal at the moment but I can certainly see that it will to others.

Days Gone - I hope this does well but it just looks like every other game. From what I remember when critics got a preview they said that it was "better than they expected", that sets alarm bells ringing but fingers crossed it really is a great game.

Readyset Heroes - Bland

Mortal Kombat 11 - It's not doing anything for me but I think that's mainly because I'm starting to move away from those kind of games.

Observation - The only game to actually pique my interests. I'll keep an eye on this.

Although I don't have an expensive headset I still watched the trailers and there was nothing there to make me want to go out and buy one. All I can think is all focus now is on the PS5.

I only care about three to things that they could announce and probably they'll never do which are: an option to completely remove games from trophy list, a stop to the whole family friendly bullshit censorship and that they're gonna stop charging people for playing online.