Platinum unobtainable

Yep, sadly, this one can't be done, I thoroughly enjoyed the game as well. :(

Anyway, I emailed the devs so hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Due to the bug, my timestamps appear wonky annoyingly...but here's a copy of the email I sent explaining what happened:

Hi there,

I just recently finished playing Almost There: The Platformer, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

However, I had some issues with the trophies at the end of the game.

What happened was: I'd gone through the game 3 starring every level as I went through it. On the very last level (World 3 Tier 4 Level 50), I lost my internet connection but didn't think anything of it at the time so carried on playing offline as I don't think I've had issues continuing like that before.

I then finished the last level with 3 stars on that attempt...but none of the 4 remaining trophies unlocked:

Insanity
Complete World 3 Tier 4

Dodging Mastery
Earn All Stars in World 3
All The Way There
Earn All Stars

Almost There: The Platinum
Earn every trophy

(Sorry for weird formatting)

So I then went onto beat a random World 1 level, thinking that might pop the trophies....it only unlocked "All The Way There - Earn All Stars". I then went onto beat another level in World 3, Tier 4 (but NOT level 50),thinking that might pop it, it only unlocked "Dodging Mastery - Earn All Stars in World 3"

So I then beat Level 50 AGAIN a few times but no trophy...

The next day, I decided to delete my save and try again. When I played it again (online now) I noticed Level 50 came up as incomplete so realised there may be server side backup.

I beat Level 50 this time, making sure to only beat it with 2 stars to avoid conflicts with the other already awarded trophies, in case it was in the code potentially...still no trophy.

I then tried to delete the whole game and save off my system on the off-chance that it was system data, not server side...but sadly, now it shows all levels with 3 stars and I can't try it again to make the level "incomplete >complete" which I suspect is the only trigger for the trophy if it were to work correctly.

I think that the "Insanity - Complete World 3 Tier 4" trophy is completely unobtainable and it tried to unlock that trophy first when it wanted to pop the last ones together, hence why the other 2 didn't unlock the first time I beat Level 50 of World 3 Tier 4.

I'd love it if you could patch this game so I could get the Platinum trophy and other people can in the future as well, this was a very enjoyable/rewarding experience and I'd love to recommend it to my hardcore platforming friends. ;)

Here is a link to my profile in case it helps in some way: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8614-almost-there-the-platformer/AtsumaKarin

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible and hope that this will be fixed soon. :)

Ben.

Since my last post, I had to reformat my PS4 because the same thing happened with Cosmophony. :@

Still can't get this to pop, though I can confirm the workaround does work, insofaras it's in the game, though it didn't give me my last trophy...it was what borked my PS4 in the first place as it caused a conflict with my local trophy data as I did it offline due to not being able to get it to work online..

Only can think of a few more things to try, then I'll email the devs again.

Edited by AtsumaKarin
Clarification

On 3/22/2019 at 0:29 PM, AtsumaKarin said:

Any news of if it's actually coming to Vita/PS3 or not?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, AtsumaKarin said:

Since my last post, I had to reformat my PS4 because the same thing happened with Cosmophony. :@

Still can't get this to pop, though I can confirm the workaround does work, insofaras it's in the game, though it didn't give me my last trophy...it was what borked my PS4 in the first place as it caused a conflict with my local trophy data as I did it offline due to not being able to get it to work online..

Only can think of a few more things to try, then I'll email the devs again.

Sorry about this bug. We have a work-around where you can fix it by holding Square+Circle+Triangle+Cross for 15 seconds (making sure you're signed in) on the level select screen. Sorry again!

Here's rely from them 

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2019 at 0:29 PM, AtsumaKarin said:

Due to the bug, my timestamps appear wonky annoyingly...but here's a copy of the email I sent explaining what happened:

Trophies fixed update just released 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to platinum it with no issues but obviously others are still having problems.  I hadn't seen this post when I downloaded and started playing the game but I was definitely curious why the trophy for "earn all the stars" didn't have the same percentage completed as the platinum trophy.

Hope you guys can find a workaround or it gets patched at some point. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...