Harder than Bloodborne?

Getting my ass handed to me in this game which caught me off guard cuz Ign and Powerpyx claimed this was the easiest from game and I honestly didn't really struggle with bloodborne (although I did use a guide). Sekiro on the other hand seems so much harder so far. How many of you are having the same experience?

• Like 2

Just now, Remi-chan said:

Don't blame the game for your inability to use the combat system correctly. Sekiro is not cheap and it's not "god awful". This isn't a game where you can go running in swinging your swords willy nilly like a baboon. Sekiro's combat is based on real life sword fighting techniques and parrying, taking advantage of openings you create or that your opponents leave unguarded. Yeah, Sekiro is hard, but it's only as hard as you allow it to be.

As i said game isn't hard it's easy, the combat is boring R1 mash.

The game is garbage.

It’s not necessarily harder, it’s just different. What you find harder or easier really depends on your personal playstyle. Let me say that the game absolutely *will* be harder if you just try to play it like Bloodborne.

• Like 1

Don't dodge that much, use block and deflect instead (always block against lower level enemies and they'll never hit you because you hit harder).

Guys it's hard at the beginning but stick with it, there's a moment when it all just clicks!! Around the 6-7 hour mark you just get it. Good luck to all

• Like 3

I've never encountered such a ♥ like Lady butterfly. Played all souls games and Nioh but this is just beyond idiot.. Blocking is not working half the time, her pins she shoots just go through pillars, Auto aim following with the unblockable attack. It's just fucking stupid this way

26 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

I've been watching gameplay videos (and Vaati's videos as well) and it seems they fundamentally changed the combat from their soulsborne games.

It’s like From are trying to make a different game...

Honestly though lady’s and gents, I wouldn’t say any of the games that From made is ever flat out going to be “harder” then a previous title. Give it time as you have with Demon’s, Dark and Blood and you’ll get used to it. 

• Like 1

Game is hard because the fundamentals are so vastly different from souls and bloodborne. But the combat is deep and fast paced. You need combat sense and need to practice the deflecting mechanic a lot. During my blind playthrough, i ended up practicing every enemy for 20 mins ish each. Bosses took longer. 17 hours later i restarted the game and now had the same amount of progress in under 4 hours. So its all about knowledge and practicing the enemy attack patterns

• Like 3

I think for me, the difficulty is more in the bosses than anything else right now, especially with how the game is suppose to be played.  But I guess I am more used to dodging then attacking instead of holding block for most things (some attacks you can't block).  But I'll get there in the end.

Yeah

5 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I think for me, the difficulty is more in the bosses than anything else right now, especially with how the game is suppose to be played.  But I guess I am more used to dodging then attacking instead of holding block for most things (some attacks you can't block).  But I'll get there in the end.

Yeah same here. I struggled with the ogre big time and the first boss took me a few attempts as well. The normal enemies are okay if u just parry properly and i think the game should get easier once u get certain skills that let you counter back some moves instead of dodging away. 

5 hours ago, Newhopes said:

As i said game isn't hard it's easy, the combat is boring R1 mash.

The game is garbage.

How is it R1 mash? R1 mash only works on the grunts. You can't kill any of the bigger enemies by just mashing R1

3 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

Game is hard because the fundamentals are so vastly different from souls and bloodborne. But the combat is deep and fast paced. You need combat sense and need to practice the deflecting mechanic a lot. During my blind playthrough, i ended up practicing every enemy for 20 mins ish each. Bosses took longer. 17 hours later i restarted the game and now had the same amount of progress in under 4 hours. So its all about knowledge and practicing the enemy attack patterns

Yeah I have been trying to practice as well since I am more used to dodging and attacking in most games and this requires you to parry properly which could be why I find it slightly harder. I also think the boss fights in this go on for a longer time as compared to bloodborne. 

Its been the same for me Bloodborne was my first souls game so it was harder than DS3 for me because I had to learn the mechanics,  Sekiro is a different game with new mechanics to learn so obviously its gonna kick my ass but I feel myself getting better at parrying already.