Harder than Bloodborne?

I usually never use the forums but I feel like I needed to talk against all of the people calling this hard. Depending on your playstyle, this game could be easier or harder than Dark Souls or Bloodborne. A major key to playing is the enemy detection system and stealth. Whether you believe me or not, I have only "really" died once because I jumped off a cliff. (I'm at the first snake encounter and completed all of Hirata Estate except for butterfly, for reference.) All the other times I resurrect and run back to the last statue or use the pocket idol. This should let you have plenty of skill points and money to buy the paper doll things for the prosthetic tools which are another huge point in the combat system. You just have to play differently from Souls/Bloodborne because you should be deflecting instead of dodging most of the time. A hint a can give for most small bosses is to take out a few of the small enemies, run away until they forget about you and repeat until it's just the boss. Then you can engage with them while taking one of their health bars away making the fight easier. Of course, not everyone wants to play like this, but I like the Metal Gear playstyle you can use. Good luck to all and I hope this helps some people. Just get used to the new fighting system, or simply, git gud.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

I usually never use the forums but I feel like I needed to talk against all of the people calling this hard. Depending on your playstyle, this game could be easier or harder than Dark Souls or Bloodborne. A major key to playing is the enemy detection system and stealth. Whether you believe me or not, I have only "really" died once because I jumped off a cliff. (I'm at the first snake encounter and completed all of Hirata Estate except for butterfly, for reference.) All the other times I resurrect and run back to the last statue or use the pocket idol. This should let you have plenty of skill points and money to buy the paper doll things for the prosthetic tools which are another huge point in the combat system. You just have to play differently from Souls/Bloodborne because you should be deflecting instead of dodging most of the time. A hint a can give for most small bosses is to take out a few of the small enemies, run away until they forget about you and repeat until it's just the boss. Then you can engage with them while taking one of their health bars away making the fight easier. Of course, not everyone wants to play like this, but I like the Metal Gear playstyle you can use. Good luck to all and I hope this helps some people. Just get used to the new fighting system, or simply, git gud.

I think I need to get used to resurrecting and just running away from a fight instead of trying to push forward again and again. Stealth is definitely key in the game that's for sure 

19 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

If you are mashing R1 you are doing it wrong. Maybe your skills are garbage? 1f605.png

All the normal enemies unless they have a shield are just a R1 spam fest, bosses aren't much better the only difference is you sometimes have to jump out of the way because you can't break their poise fast enough to deathblow before they attack.

Boring as fuck.

1 hour ago, Newhopes said:

All the normal enemies unless they have a shield are just a R1 spam fest, bosses aren't much better the only difference is you sometimes have to jump out of the way because you can't break their poise fast enough to deathblow before they attack.

Boring as fuck.

Sorry to burst your bubble but hating on popular things DOES NOT make you an interesting person, friendo.

Not to mention that spamming R1 does make the encounters necessarily long and it's definitely not how you play the game.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but hating on popular things DOES NOT make you an interesting person, friendo.

Not to mention that spamming R1 does make the encounters necessarily long and it's definitely not how you play the game.

He's Probably a troll. He hasn't played the game on that acc at all, and judging by the fact that the acc is 10 years old its his main. 

• Like 2

After one playtrough i would say the game is really awesome but not easy! Compared to Souls/Bloodborne its harder then the most!  All of the "real" Bosses are hard and you need some time to learn every attack and how to counter/dogde it. Some fights are extremly long and i like the Moment when you think "oh god finaly this fight is over" after you beat a guy with 2 or 3 health bars just to see him standing up again stronger and faster without a chackpoint :) 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:32 PM, KainDMD said:

Everytime a new one of these games come out, everybody and even the devs say oh my god this is harder than the last one, but it really must be just the hype or the novelty of a new game:)

because all the egdelords crave "haaarrrrrrrrrrd" games so that they can shout "git gud" at peasants and the devs know that beating a "harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd" games makes them feel superior, so they feed of that inferiority complex by claiming "hey our new game would be the right game to show how guuuuuuud you are" ;)

So yeah, it's a form of hype :)

Sekiro is hard though, at least for me. Bloodborne, on the other hand, was a breeze. Easiest FROM game in my opinion.

On 23.03.2019 at 3:32 AM, Warmachine0341 said:

Mobs hidden behind corners you can’t see in a game where 2 hits can kill you is cheap 

It's not, stop saying stuff like that just because you don't understand the game. You're not supposed to run around Devil May Cry style. DS worlds are built to be explored carefully with constant paranoia. You're supposed to feel small and helpless. If you die because you fell into a hole in a dark room you almost unfairly could not see that's not cheap, that's a fuking lesson you should learn and remember.

It seems more difficult at first, but it's just because you've got to learn this game. There's more going on in the combat compared to DS and Bloodborne since you very often have to rely on parrying and countering in order to succeed. With previous FromSoft games, you just needed to roll around the enemy and look for an opening in their attack patterns. Sekiro requires you to be more active in combat as simply trying to evade is going to get you hit. 

That said, Sekiro doesn't feel as difficult as previous FromSoft titles because of the stealth mechanics and shinobi prosthetics. For instance, you can sneak up on the majority of minibosses and take an entire bar from them before the fight even starts. Prosthetic tools like the firecrackers can be very useful as it can stun even bosses. Many of the boss fights can become trivial by relying on certain tools or mechanics. Overall, the game may seem difficult at first, but if you stick with it, you'll be able to persevere. 

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

Come on dude, seriously? how is this a spoiler haha. I was extremely vague and only said WHERE. You've no idea who, what, why, how.

"Game has a boss at a place" - OMG WHAT A SPOILER

Yeah, I've kinda overreacted. Still.. I didn't know that one of the endings is at Hirata Estate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

It seems more difficult at first, but it's just because you've got to learn this game. There's more going on in the combat compared to DS and Bloodborne since you very often have to rely on parrying and countering in order to succeed. With previous FromSoft games, you just needed to roll around the enemy and look for an opening in their attack patterns. Sekiro requires you to be more active in combat as simply trying to evade is going to get you hit. 

That said, Sekiro doesn't feel as difficult as previous FromSoft titles because of the stealth mechanics and shinobi prosthetics. For instance, you can sneak up on the majority of minibosses and take an entire bar from them before the fight even starts. Prosthetic tools like the firecrackers can be very useful as it can stun even bosses. Many of the boss fights can become trivial by relying on certain tools or mechanics. Overall, the game may seem difficult at first, but if you stick with it, you'll be able to persevere. 

I mostly agree, however I do think it's objectively more difficult than Souls but at the same time just as approachable if you take the time to learn it. And I think how much you enjoy a game can change your perception of how difficult it is. I'm liking this a ton more than Souls (and I adore Souls) so I didn't think it was that bad, even though like I said it probably is objectively speaking.

8 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

I mostly agree, however I do think it's objectively more difficult than Souls but at the same time just as approachable if you take the time to learn it. And I think how much you enjoy a game can change your perception of how difficult it is. I'm liking this a ton more than Souls (and I adore Souls) so I didn't think it was that bad, even though like I said it probably is objectively speaking.

Bloodborne is my favourite FromSoft title, but I still find it to be more difficult (particularly the Old Hunters DLC) than Sekiro because of the things I mentioned in my second paragraph. There are plenty of boss fights that can become trivial depending on how you play them. For instance, the corrupted monk fight becomes rather easy if you stealth kill her first two bars. Lady Butterfly becomes very easy if you just keep sidestepping and attacking. Certain prosthetics can let you destroy a boss with them barely being able to do anything to you. So far, I haven't encountered a fight that I've found more challenging than fights like Darkeater Midir or Orphan of Kos.