Game freezes like hell

Can't play more than a couple minutes before my PS3 freezes. I've already searched the internet about what to do and foung none conclusives workarounds. Does anyone here had the same problem and found a way to fix this? I already have both unch2 and unch3 plats and want to have this one too, to complete the PS3 collection. Any help would be good.

I had the same problem when playing MW2 a few years back and what happened was my blue-ray drive stopped working and had to get a new PS3. Do you have any problems with any other games? If not then the disc might be banged up and that is what is freezing your system.

I had the same problem when playing MW2 a few years back and what happened was my blue-ray drive stopped working and had to get a new PS3. Do you have any problems with any other games? If not then the disc might be banged up and that is what is freezing your system.

Well, yeah, the game is disc, but i sure as hell wish that is not the problem. I just platted Uncharted 2 disc too and didn't have any freezing at all. Lets hope that is not a disc reader problem.

I had the same problem with Dishonored a while back. I just unplugged everything connected to my ps3 and let it rest for like 2 days. Afterwards it didn't freeze it all. Just make sure it's not the disks fault, or this won't work. 

Well, my ps3 went overnight 3 days in a row, because of LBPK 24h in Create mode and i played during the day, i just read this and turned him off. Gonna unplug everything out too, hope this works for him, but i'm so addicted to my PS3 that it's off for 2 minutes now and i already miss him [i NEED REHAB].

Well, yeah, the game is disc, but i sure as hell wish that is not the problem. I just platted Uncharted 2 disc too and didn't have any freezing at all. Lets hope that is not a disc reader problem.

Well, my ps3 went overnight 3 days in a row, because of LBPK 24h in Create mode and i played during the day, i just read this and turned him off. Gonna unplug everything out too, hope this works for him, but i'm so addicted to my PS3 that it's off for 2 minutes now and i already miss him [i NEED REHAB].

good luck :D

If turning it off doesn't help, try deleting the game data (not saves) and reinstalling, that can always help games freezing/glitching.

Already did that twice, didn't work. He is turned off right know, but i may turn on again in half an hour or so. If doesn't work, i will leave off until tomorrow and try again.

EDIT: worked for a while then started freezing again, dunno why. Gonna leave uncharted 1 for a while and play other games.

Edited by TheYuriG

Try using it on a friends PS3, if it still freezes then it's probably the disc

Don't have any ps3 friends living near me. The freezing didn't stopped, i tried playing again today morning with no sucess. Sad to need leaving the game, i wish i could have all 3 Uncharted plats.  -_-

Did not happen to me when I played UC:Drake's Fortune before, maybe when you do something it make the game freeze. When I play Black Ops 2 when it is loading and press the PS button, my PS3 freezes or the game just loads forever.

Edited by dirt_54

Did not happen to me when I played UC:Drake's Fortune before, maybe when you do something it make the game freeze. When I play Black Ops 2 when it is loading and press the PS button, my PS3 freezes or the game just loads forever.

I doubt that, i'm just playing an even if i was doing something wrong, i wouldn't commit the same mistake so many times in a row.

I had a similar problem. I assumed it was overheating. When I cracked open my PS3 I found the thermal paste on the chip was less then acceptable. Could have done better with Crest tooth paste. After I put a higher grade paste in it hasnt fritzed on me sinse. 

Not that Im reccomending voiding your warranty by opening your PS3. I just did cause it was 4 years old and PS4 is comming :lol: .

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same predicament.  Was planning on platinuming this game.  Was loading a saved game, got to the loading screen with the spinning coin, then it freezes.  Tried deleting the game's utility and also tried playing it with no updates (offline), but nothing has worked.  There is literally no scratches on the disc.  Any suggestions would be appreciated B)   

Long awaited Edit:  So I ended up not playing the game for a month and then one day out of the blue, I was like, "Might as well try it again," and it worked! I hurried up and plat the game.  Still don't know what the problem was, but I'm happy that it was fixed :D

Edited by Starrk_01

• 5 months later...

Hello mate, i've abandoned the game because of this freezing, unfortunately i still don't have the complete Uncharted collection plat. I hope you can fix your problem, i don't have any hopes about mine. Good luck!

I'm in the same predicament.  Was planning on platinuming this game.  Was loading a saved game, got to the loading screen with the spinning coin, then it freezes.  Tried deleting the game's utility and also tried playing it with no updates (offline), but nothing has worked.  There is literally no scratches on the disc.  Any suggestions would be appreciated B)   

That is weird. I borrowed the game from a friend and it has never froze on me. Beat it on Hard and are about half way through Crushing. Maybe try this: http://ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-guides-reviews-articles/1069-how-rebuild-playstation-3-database-better-speed.html

• 2 months later...

Man, that stinks! The game froze for me on Chapter 17, but it luckily only did it once. I took a break from the game though since it really spoiled the mood. I was wondering if anyone else had any freezing issues, and my friend said it wasn't that common. Seems like it happens enough to be an issue though, and your freezing problems are way worse than mine.  :S