MLB The Show 19 Trophy Thoughts?

AZDMB

MLB The Show 19 trophies were just posted for those interested.  A few recycled from last year (including plat name and image) sprinkled in with some new ones.  Doesn't look too difficult.  I would have posted them here but had trouble formatting it.  What does everyone else think about this year's trophy set?

Edited by BlindMango
Moved to the forum page associated with trophy list

Getting to the CS series in Ranked Seasons is going to be a pain in the ass. If I'm not mistaken I think that's still the top 1% of players. Which means people are either gonna have to be pretty damn good or drop some cash on a better team—which, as always, would be BS.

Edited by JD-D2

The CS trophy will be a hurdle for a lot of people I think. A few of these will be tricky due to how specific they are.

Post season cycle might be the most annoying. Probably my least favorite every year.

Lead off walk,  switch hitterHR from both sides are totally going to be luck dependant. 

3 pitches 3 outs might be tricky...any take or swing and miss or foul ball will ruin it.

No no and immaculate inning should be fairly doable on rookie

• Like 1

Ive been wanting to play a baseball game despite not really understanding what all the jargon means, so a lot of these trophies just look like I lot of words I don't get lol. However, I've been interested in the MLB games because I do like watching the odd baseball game and playing a video game version seems really appealing so I'll be keeping my eye open or maybe I'll just end up picking an older year. Go Blue Jays.

So last time I played the show was for 17 and I played about 300-400 games, simulated a ton more, but that's how much I actually went through. The most difficult trophy will be Some Like It Holt, preseason is like 3-20 games and very specific and obviously Welcome to the Chip. You will have to play a ton of ranked games to even come close to this. So it probably will be the last trophy you earn. The three outs on three pitches will come . . . eventually. Immaculate Inning and Well That Was Easy sounds like you can "friend" abuse it by playing a quick friendly match. With 3 straight bunts for the one and a quick 9 pitch strikeout inning for the other. Chip off the Ol' Block sounds hard, but if you load your team with switch hitters, you can probably pull it off. The others should be easy, just need to set things up. Sounds like you should create a sacrificial "At the Sea" Road to the Show player to nab two quick trophies, then kill him and make you're own guy. Unless of course you don't mind your player being "At the Sea" . . . not sure what that even does.

More of the same. Boring. I never understood the trophies that have you accomplishing a feat during a game. For example; throwing a perfect game or hitting a HR from both sides of the plate with a switch hitter (those types of trophies). You can just put the game on super duper easy.

And again, dumb having online trophies, smh. When will devs learn? Especially for sports games. Their servers always shut down after a few years after release date.

sorry for being so negative.

Being playing this for a while and as a fan I will say is not gonna be that easy as last year , coming from the number 2 who got it mlb18 and record faster in mlb16 , good luck guys , still aiming for first in the world all depends on how buggie will get this year cuz I love playing DD .

This will be harder than last year’s baseball game. 

Sports games in general tend to have ridiculous requirements for the platinum. Any NBA game is tough, and Madden has progressively gotten easier. MLB the Show is a series that has also gotten easier, but I am disappointed that they decided to put in more luck based trophies than last year’s. 

Looks like they put a lot less focus on Road to the Show and more on Diamond Dynasty. That gold trophy is going to prevent a lot of people from earning the platinum and this may well be yet another ultra rare. Last year’s list is probably the easiest of them all since you didn’t need to do too much to earn those trophies. I still have to play the game myself. 

Oh well. This is a series that appeals to a general audience, not a group of trophy hunters looking to snatch a sports platinum. I may buy it anyway since I’m a huge baseball fan.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how Ranked Seasons work?  I've never done it before, but what I've read online, it seems there's a finite number of games each season (month).  Is this true?  Does your score reset at the end of each month?  Are games here 3 innings or 9?  If there's only a finite number of games before it resets, it would seem to only favor people willing to buy a team.

5 hours ago, ItsJustMatthews said:

Was doing the Diamond Dynasty tutorial and I had a glitch on the last step and trophy didn’t pop, this happen to anybody else? 

Yep! Comical. Probably just gonna have to get everything else - not starting over - then go back and reset everything and do the tutorial again.

12 hours ago, ItsJustMatthews said:

What do you mean by get everything else, I just don't want to restart entire DD from scratch and lose my players?

I meant get every other trophy in the game, then reset and do the onboarding again to get the plat. May not happen until months down the road. Hopefully I don't have to do that, but if worse comes to worst, then whatever. We'll have to start over once next year's game comes out anyway.

Edited by JD-D2

On 3/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, JD-D2 said:

I meant get every other trophy in the game, then reset and do the onboarding again to get the plat. May not happen until months down the road. Hopefully I don't have to do that, but if worse comes to worst, then whatever. We'll have to start over once next year's game comes out anyway.

Okay after looking into this, we might be in a little bit of trouble. I can’t find a way to fully reset your DD team. We’ll have to contact SDS and hope they issue a patch of some sort. Damn.

Well this is shit. 

At least a few people have trophies in everything else except the Ranked Seasons in Diamond Dynasty. 

I played MLB 18 the Show the other night on my alt and I really enjoyed it. 

If this gold trophy proves to be the platinum blocker, then I’ll just wait for a price reduction for this year’s release and play the game purely for fun.

5 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Okay after looking into this, we might be in a little bit of trouble. I can’t find a way to fully reset your DD team. We’ll have to contact SDS and hope they issue a patch of some sort. Damn.

Pretty much talking to myself here but just to update: I reached out to SDS' support line and described the issue. A representative replied back and told me the team is "aware of the problem and is currently working to resolve this." So, fingers crossed they address the bug in an upcoming patch.

Seems like all they'd have to do is automatically pop the trophy if the game sees you're playing DD, since you technically can't even play it without completing the onboarding process in the first place. Here's hoping no profile wipe is necessary.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ItsJustMatthews said:

So I think I’m having trouble with the encounter with Heidi trophy. She’ll talk at the beginning of loading game but nothing pops, is this like an interview in RTTS kind of encounter??

Play a normal game and she'll pop in with some generic comments around the 4th inning.