MLB The Show 19 Trophy Thoughts?

AZDMB

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎29 at 4:54 AM, creoena said:

Play a normal game and she'll pop in with some generic comments around the 4th inning.

Have had the cutscene with her during games and it isn't popping for me either.  Also had a perfect game with no trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:05 PM, Fish613 said:

More of the same. Boring. I never understood the trophies that have you accomplishing a feat during a game. For example; throwing a perfect game or hitting a HR from both sides of the plate with a switch hitter (those types of trophies). You can just put the game on super duper easy.

And again, dumb having online trophies, smh. When will devs learn? Especially for sports games. Their servers always shut down after a few years after release date.

sorry for being so negative.

Have not played a baseball game since the NES.  Considering giving it a try again.  It sounds like you can't do the misc trophies like "No No" in a 2 player game? Setting the lowest difficulty level should work but it would be even easier playing a 2 person game lol

Snuck into CS finally.

Was getting absolutely fucked by Chris Sale for 7 innings, then had some insane throw cancel glitch where my player refused to throw the ball for close to 10 seconds then whipped it into the crowd. I then whipped my coffee mug across the room.

Hit a 3 run bomb in the next inning and the dude quit.

Now i dont have to sweat any of the trophies anymore, and i can just relax and play online only when i want to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can all of these be picked up quickly except for Welcome to the Chip?  I might pick this up as a rental and get all the others and a 91% completion.

what would be the estimated time to get everything but Welcome to the Chip.  20 hours or so or are the RTTS ones time consuming?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Can all of these be picked up quickly except for Welcome to the Chip?  I might pick this up as a rental and get all the others and a 91% completion.

what would be the estimated time to get everything but Welcome to the Chip.  20 hours or so or are the RTTS ones time consuming?

If you're on the fence about picking up a baseball game, grab last year's version of The Show.  Much easier plat to attain than this because there's hardly any online trophies, and they're fairly easy to get.  I need to replay RTTS to get the plat, just been far too busy to find time for it.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

If you're on the fence about picking up a baseball game, grab last year's version of The Show.  Much easier plat to attain than this because there's hardly any online trophies, and they're fairly easy to get.  I need to replay RTTS to get the plat, just been far too busy to find time for it.  

Yes, I was definitely considering that one too.  Guide shows it is 35 hours (probably RTTS being the longest part?).  May end up playing both, platting the ‘18 one.  

‘19 had the benefit of being the newest with the players on the right teams but not that I am a huge baseball fan.  I did go to a game this weekend and watched the home run derby last night so a renewed interest lol

39 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yes, I was definitely considering that one too.  Guide shows it is 35 hours (probably RTTS being the longest part?).  May end up playing both, platting the ‘18 one.  

‘19 had the benefit of being the newest with the players on the right teams but not that I am a huge baseball fan.  I did go to a game this weekend and watched the home run derby last night so a renewed interest lol

35 hours seem way too high.  I know I haven't put that much time into it. In RTTS, you can play the game, or just fast forward to your at bats. You can even sim games as well. I read it's easiest to attain my needed trophies with a closer, so I will try that next, but again, I will just fast forward until my created player comes out of the bullpen.

Also, the game automatically updates rosters periodically. When I played last fall, Dustin Pedroia was off the active roster for the BoSox, and the mid-season trades were included. Probably doubtful that this year's crop of rookies are in the game, though.

Fun game though, good luck!

Edited by PerryToxteth

2 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

35 hours seem way too high.  I know I haven't put that much time into it. In RTTS, you can play the game, or just fast forward to your at bats. You can even sim games as well. I read it's easiest to attain my needed trophies with a closer, so I will try that next, but again, I will just fast forward until my created player comes out of the bullpen.

Also, the game automatically updates rosters periodically. When I played last fall, Dustin Pedroia was off the active roster for the BoSox, and the mid-season trades were included. Probably doubtful that this year's crop of rookies are in the game, though.

Fun game though, good luck!

Yeah, Bryce Harper would still be with the Nationals, that type of stuff.  But not a biggie.  I will probably start with ‘18 as it is the easier Plat, and only $20 in the store - or I am due a free GameFly month at some point.

• 1 month later...

All the remaining trophies except the Championship Division Series DD one are easy as hell and can be done right away when you manipulate the right settings. I just have 1 trophy to go, and I'll do my best to try and sink my teeth in given I've never gone that hard in Diamond Dynasty. I busted my ass to get to Div 4 in FIFA 19 and that was a struggle. I expect it to be worse here given baseball fans are more hardcore. Let's hope it's not a MLB The Show 16 tier platinum buster...