Terarded

Really easy method to beat the Lady Butterfly boss

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've seen a fair few people struggling with this boss on reddit and whatnot since the game launched to the point that i knew the name of the boss long before i ever found her so i just wanted to share an easy way to beat her. I couldn't even take down a quarter of her first bar at first but using this method i beat her second try. I almost won the first try but used all my heals learning the strike pattern.

Basically what you want to do is take advantage of the attack she will do after a strike. Go into battle with her, block her first attack then run in and strike her. Dodge to the side (never forward or backwards) and strike again immediately over and over. She always strikes where you were letting you get in another strike repeatedly. The second phase is far harder because she will do illusions, you can dispell them but its not even really necessary with this once you get in for a string of strike and dodges again the fight can be over pretty fast. It's a bit hard to give an in-depth text guide so i made a video guide showing how to deal with particular attacks and general tips. Good luck!

Edited by Terarded

2 minutes ago, Terarded said:

I've seen a fair few people struggling with this boss on reddit and whatnot since the game launched to the point that i knew the name of the boss long before i ever found her so i just wanted to share an easy way to beat her. I couldn't even take down a quarter of her first bar at first but using this method i beat her second try. I almost won the first try but used all my heals learning the strike pattern.

Basically what you want to do is take advantage of the attack she will do after a strike. Go into battle with her, block her first attack then run in and strike her. Dodge to the side (never forward or backwards) and strike again immediately over and over. She always strikes where you were letting you get in another strike repeatedly. The second phase is far harder because she will do illusions, you can dispell them but its not even really necessary with this once you get in for a string of strike and dodges again the fight can be over pretty fast. It's a bit hard to give an in-depth text guide so i made a video guide showing how to deal with particular attacks and general tips. Good luck!

Didn't know people on Reddit have trouble with her, thx for the info. I just made a post about her ^0^ Text plus video, if someone is interested. Thanks for your work.

Your strategy for sidestepping her and slashing constantly is very useful for this fight. Aside from that, I would say it's better to just keep away from Butterfly and her minions until she transforms them. When the lights hone in on you, just keep sidestepping and try to stay near a pillar, so some of them impact it instead of you. Also during the second phase, when she does that big combo, it's better to just keep dodging until she ends the combo with the unblockable. There's also a combat technique that lets you spin your sword with L1 + R1 that can do a good chunk of damage when she's open.

I don’t think it has been mentioned yet but if you use a shuriken while she is in the air, you can cancel her attacks, its really useful in phase 2 since she loves spamming kunai + butterflies.